Using the president's name as a pun is apparently racist.

Ice That Jaw

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
c8f26f08805d03a1844a77cd325df190

This is getting so goood. A bunch of high school students create a banner with a simple pun that says "Trump Perry". Perry, being the name of the opposing team's school.

Ok, nothing here to really think about it. However, because Perry happens to be 75% black, the banner is considered "disgustingly racist", to quote an actual Perry school attendant. Now, there are protests for the removal of the superindendent as well as any teachers that were wearing patriotic colors at the game.

What in the flying fuck is going in these days? This is some dumbfounding thinking right here. I'm literally amazed that these people are serious. It makes antifa and blm seem rational.

And of course the source is CNN.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/10/21/trump-football-banner-called-racist-smerconish.cnn

c8f26f08805d03a1844a77cd325df190

This is getting so goood. A bunch of high school students create a banner with a simple pun that says "Trump Perry". Perry, being the name of the opposing team's school.

Ok, nothing here to really think about it. However, because Perry happens to be 75% black, the banner is considered "disgustingly racist", to quote an actual Perry school attendant. Now, there are protests for the removal of the superindendent as well as any teachers that were wearing patriotic colors at the game.

What in the flying fuck is going in these days? This is some dumbfounding thinking right here. I'm literally amazed that these people are serious. It makes antifa and blm seem rational.

And of course the source is CNN.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/10/21/trump-football-banner-called-racist-smerconish.cnn
It's called being salty.

Perhaps we should address the people that are attempting to use his name in such a manner.... And not the people poi ting it out saying it's a fucked up thing to do.

Subversive or overt this type of behavior is not a good look for freedom loving americans.

The pendulum always swings back, thats why I hate sgit like this, cause someone in power will hold a grudge and have a complete overreactin and I aint trying to wipe my ass with three metal seashells while tripping over my beige kimono.

Shit like this will have us minding a Verbal Morality Statute.

"Racism" has officially jumped the shark. Some folks need to have a conversation with their elders and learn what real racism is.

Perhaps we should address the people that are attempting to use his name in such a manner.... And not the people poi ting it out saying it's a fucked up thing to do.

Subversive or overt this type of behavior is not a good look for freedom loving americans.

The pendulum always swings back, thats why I hate sgit like this, cause someone in power will hold a grudge and have a complete overreactin and I aint trying to wipe my ass with three metal seashells while tripping over my beige kimono.

Shit like this will have us minding a Verbal Morality Statute.
giphy.gif

I agree with what @jamel is saying... I think

All these cries for fake racism are going to give rise to people who really ARE racist, who, right now, see it as protecting themselves and their people.. But down the road, will be used to punish

I agree with what @jamel is saying... I think

All these cries for fake racism are going to give rise to people who really ARE racist, who, right now, see it as protecting themselves and their people.. But down the road, will be used to punish
That may very well be so, but I fail to see how racism could be applied to the incident that this thread is about.

It's really turning into a witch hunt

That may very well be so, but I fail to see how racism could be applied to the incident that this thread is about.

What i am saying is them mother fuckers aint slick, they knew what they were doing.

and it's gonna be some overly sensitive dumb mother fucker that gets offended FOR people outside their own culture that will make all our lives hell with the stroke of a pen and the gift of gab.

Hell, I'll be glad when the only culture in America is the American Culture.

We were almost there then 9/11 happened.

What i am saying is them mother fuckers aint slick, they knew what they were doing.

and it's gonna be some overly sensitive dumb mother fucker that gets offended FOR people outside their own culture that will make all our lives hell with the stroke of a pen and the gift of gab.

So you think it was a premeditated racist attack?

So you think it was a premeditated racist attack?

Racist? Fuck no.

Tongue in cheek?
Bad comedy?
Weak ass bullshit to do to some kids playing a sport?

Hell yes.

Easy to be misconstrued?
Well you reap what you so...

Dig?

What does it supposed to mean if you're using the President's name in this regard?

I mean it is synonymous with beat, best, defeat, outdo etc so I makes perfect sense in that regard. But obviously the school is using it rather than "Beat Perry", "Defeat Perry", "Squash Perry", "Destroy Perry" with a purpose in mind.

"Just because the opposing school happens to be 75% Black" actually really matters here actually. Would they use this "pun" against another predominantly white school? Have they played other predominantly white schools and have used this? If not why not?

Is it a big deal. Nope. But the sign creator knew exactly what they were doing when they made it.

One would have to be epically stupid to jump to racism as the motivation when you consider these two things:

1. Considering how epically Trump defeated Clinton, using "trump" as a term to describe an unequivocable victory is not out of the question. And considering that in the incident being discussed there is a sporting event with two opposing teams...

2. The term "trump" has been a term suprcedence long before The Teflon Don besmirched besmirched The Dead Sea swimmers.

Racist? Fuck no.

Tongue in cheek?
Bad comedy?
Weak ass bullshit to do to some kids playing a sport?

Hell yes.

Easy to be misconstrued?
Well you reap what you so...

Dig?

Well yeah it's tongue in cheek obviously. Whether it is funny or not is up to the beholder.

Sure anything can be misconstrued, especially during a witch hunt. You'd have to be living in a climate of fear though to assume it would be stretched so far and act according that assumption though.

What does it supposed to mean if you're using the President's name in this regard?

I mean it is synonymous with beat, best, defeat, outdo etc so I makes perfect sense in that regard. But obviously the school is using it rather than "Beat Perry", "Defeat Perry", "Squash Perry", "Destroy Perry" with a purpose in mind.

"Just because the opposing school happens to be 75% Black" actually really matters here actually. Would they use this "pun" against another predominantly white school? Have they played other predominantly white schools and have used this? If not why not?

Is it a big deal. Nope. But the sign creator knew exactly what they were doing when they made it.

As the girl said in the video, each time they have a game, they have a "theme" for the banner. And this game took place right after Sept. 11th and they decided the theme was patriotism. This wasn't the first fucking game they played against a predominantly black school, but this was the first game that was after the 11th of September and that Trump is President. That's why everything was red white and blue and they used Trump's name because it's synonymous with the word, "beat."

They should all go over to perry, take their belts off and just go to town on them. That's the only way to deal with that kind of childish, dishonest delusional behavior.

Back