Using the president's name as a pun is apparently racist.

What's so hard to understand?

The use of a notoriously racist celebrity to disparage a school is predominantly black? of course that could be construed as racist. What other context could there be for this sign? other than "you aren't real americans." WTF is their message other than that?

Trumps entered the political sphere by blasting Obama for not being a "real american," and then made it official by painting the majority of mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals. He's the most racist thing we've seen in politics since David Duke. If you don't see that you're willfully ignorant because it serves you, or share his racists views.

If the intention is to cause racial anger- if it is done for that reason, in a specific context- then of course it is. I'm not sure that these high school kids are all that culpable for it (tribalism is part of high school sports), but your question is ridiculous.
He is not a white supremacist. People that get offended at his name like he is hitler are emotionally stunted.

My question is not at all ridiculous. It's cute that you think it is.

What's so hard to understand?

The use of a notoriously racist celebrity to disparage a school is predominantly black? of course that could be construed as racist. What other context could there be for this sign? other than "you aren't real americans." WTF is their message other than that?

Trumps entered the political sphere by blasting Obama for not being a "real american," and then made it official by painting the majority of mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals. He's the most racist thing we've seen in politics since David Duke. If you don't see that you're willfully ignorant because it serves you, or share his racists views.
Trump is not a racist.

Trump attacked illegals, not Mexican citizens.

And I would say that Obama's policies were not American. He would often side with the global community against Americans. And aplogize to the world that we Americans weren't willing to give up freedoms. I can easily make the case that Obama was a very un-American president. Obama was for open borders and bringing over Islamic immigrants. Which I think is incredibly destructive to the future of America. Look at Germany.

So if Perry was 49% black, would this still be considered racist?

You lost the rest of your credibility by buying this shit

It is a pathetic reach to make this about some white supremacy narrative. At worst, they knew the black school would be triggered by any use of the word Trump. That has nothing to do with white supremacy, that word only even enters the conversation because of media bias.

I didn't say it was racist or malicious: but that you would have to be fairly tone deaf to not anticipate the impression it gives. Also, lol @ continuing to blame the "media bias" for everything.

With that said, the fact that it was patriotism week or whatever makes this seem more innocuous. If there was some preexisting theme of America, this makes more sense.

Devil's Advocate Time!

How do you know what is in each person's heart, or how they truely feel?

These people could have actually meant it the way it seems to be getting interpreted.

Be real tho. . .
It's just a bunch of out of touch with the rest of america small town mentality bullshit.

One thing being in the military taught me, is that there are spots in america where some white folks have never seen a black person till basic.

Had a white female SSGT that was giving drown proofing once and straight up told all the black soldiers in the pool to be mindful due to our "bones being more dense" and more likely to drown.

She was being sincere, not racist, she had a genuine concern for our safety.
They EO'd the hell out of her tho.

This is very true and a great point. And believe it or not, its not just in small towns, even medium sized districts are like this too, even in some big cities. Its an effect of living in a white majority country. There are many whites out there that only know white people, only work with white people, and have never known a minority like a black person, asian, Indian in there whole life. So most of their information comes from media and stereotypes, like they would be surprised if they saw a tall asian person in real life because they only know the stereotype and have never known any minorities. Doesn't mean they're all bad people, they just live in a bubble.

Rarely is the opposite of this is true, as a minority its almost impossible not to interact with white people in some form or another. Every minority has either had white friends or significant others, white co-workers, white teachers, white authority figures, white customer service people, white businesses, or interacted with whites on a daily basis, etc. So most minorities know how to deal with white people on a daily basis and are less likely to put them into narrowly defined boxes and stereotypes because we've seen more a range of personalties in person.

I think theres alot of people on Sherdog that belong to the former, they see minorities sometimes on TV, Youtube or the news but they live in communites comprised almost 100% of white people and have never really known any minorities in their life or interacted with them. So the only information they have about minorities is from media.

lol it actually looks like some of them are doing the "Roman" salute on the left side of the picture?

{<huh}

More likely it's at the kickoff. Our school used to hold your arm out and tilt your hand back and forth while making an OHH sound until the kicker kicked the ball.

I didn't say it was racist or malicious: but that you would have to be fairly tone deaf to not anticipate the impression it gives. Also, lol @ continuing to blame the "media bias" for everything.
Blaming the media bias for someone associating "trump" with "sending me back to africa" is totally fair.

He never campaigned on anything against black people. At all. The most you could say was when he said "the blacks love me" or whatever it was.

So yes, it is absolutely absurd to think saying the president's name will evoke an impression of white supremacy support or whatever your point is.

It's more like "outrank" or to beat by outranking. An awkward fit without the supremacy aspect.

Oh, there you go again. So dishonest. It's more of a "neener neener, we're white and the president is with us and against you."

And I'm sure the cheerleaders were chanting something like "Beat Perry", which is a clear reference to plantation foremen beating the ancestors of Perry's black players.

You silly race huckster.

And I'm sure the cheerleaders were chanting something like "Beat Perry", which is a clear reference to plantation foremen beating the ancestors of Perry's black players.

You silly race huckster.

Band probably played Whip it too.

There are many whites out there that only know white people, only work with white people, and have never known a minority like a black person, asian, Indian in there whole life.

So most minorities know how to deal with white people on a daily basis and are less likely to put them into narrowly defined boxes and stereotypes

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

This is how the left reacts to a Trump sign. We've seen this dozens of times, so it's not surprising all the things they are making up in their head.

You silly race huckster.

This is an interesting new fallacy (not surprising from such a morally deficient person). Not quite a strawman, but related. You fabricate a different argument and because that one is wrong, the actual argument is. Who says it's a waste of time talking to Inga? :)

This is very true and a great point. And believe it or not, its not just in small towns, even medium sized districts are like this too, even in some big cities. Its an effect of living in a white majority country. There are many whites out there that only know white people, only work with white people, and have never known a minority like a black person, asian, Indian in there whole life. So most of their information comes from media and stereotypes, like they would be surprised if they saw a tall asian person in real life because they only know the stereotype and have never known any minorities. Doesn't mean they're all bad people, they just live in a bubble.

Rarely is the opposite of this is true, as a minority its almost impossible not to interact with white people in some form or another. Every minority has either had white friends or significant others, white co-workers, white teachers, white authority figures, white customer service people, white businesses, or interacted with whites on a daily basis, etc. So most minorities know how to deal with white people on a daily basis and are less likely to put them into narrowly defined boxes and stereotypes because we've seen more a range of personalties in person.

I think theres alot of people on Sherdog that belong to the former, they see minorities sometimes on TV, Youtube or the news but they live in communites comprised almost 100% of white people and have never really known any minorities in their life or interacted with them. So the only information they have about minorities is from media.

Huh? Who in present day America (since at least the 60's) haven't interacted with minorities? I'm truly curious.

This is an interesting new fallacy (not surprising from such a morally deficient person). Not quite a strawman, but related. You fabricate a different argument and because that one is wrong, the actual argument is. Who says it's a waste of time talking to Inga? :)

Lol. I didn't fabricate any argument at all. I was mocking your unartful race baiting.

High school football fans: "Trump Perry."
Jack Savage: Trump them indeed, because you are white and they are black and thus you think you are better than them.

One would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at you for that.

And lol at the desperate personal attacks again. I'm a morally deficient person for failing to see the systemic racism here. You are beclowning yourself.

Huh? Who in present day America (since at least the 60's) haven't interacted with minorities? I'm truly curious.

Not sure about this particular area, but about 40 mins southeast of that school is 1 that had 2 black students in the 80's - a brother and sister who moved to the area in their freshman and eighth-grade year.

The whole state is only 3% AA and 90% of those are in either the eastern panhandle or the southern part of the state.

The brilliant Shelby Steele calling for an end to white guilt:

if i pull a "Trump card" am i now referencing the President of the united states or am i just using a word in the dictionary? hrmmmm

Back