News Usyk vs Fury 2 Dec.21st Saudi

Who takes the rematch?

• Total voters
Joshua was in a bad way but if you actually rewatch that sequence you'll see that he was able to dodge some of those incoming punches. He also landed the last punch of the fight in that state. Fury wasn't even defending himself much less returning fire. He was totally out on his feet with the ropes holding him up. They're not equal.

Actually at one point during the rematch I believe that Joshua was slightly up. Usyk then won the late rounds which secured him victory. Your recollection is off. Joshua had Usyk in real trouble in round 9 of their rematch. Fury never at any point had him in that much trouble. It was an all out assault on his body and slowed Usyk to a crawl.

I’ve seen this quite a lot in the last couple of days - fury fans desperately claiming their man did better than AJ. It’s embarrassing. I don’t remember Joshua getting ko’d and save by the bell/ref in either fight

It’s all irrelevant, the both lost clear decisions. Now would be the ideal time to fight but we all know fury doesn’t want to. He’s even said (after he agreed to fight delboy a 3rd time) he’ll never fight Joshua and I fully believe him. He’s ducked him up to this point and he won’t be shamed in to fighting him by the boxing community (like he was with Usyk) because the fight doesn’t hold anywhere near the same significance. I still don’t think he’ll rematch usyk because he’ll stall and usyk will move on as he doesn’t need fury anymore

Fury's legacy is on life support. AJ has an arguement for being better than him now even if it is a weak one.

Better resume, far more title defences and actively unified the division. I don’t think it’s a weak argument and fury needs the Joshua fight now for his own legacy. He built his legacy with the Wilder fights, A manufactured protected HW who gets stopped or easily outboxed whenever he fights an actual contender.

Last edited:
I’m not even sure what adjustments Fury could make. It seems that he needs to improve his strength and conditioning in a serious way before we even talk about adjustments. The likelihood of him doing that is almost zero.

he needs to be the aggressor and put usyk on the back foot like he did in the 4th, 5th and 6th round. His problem is he can’t fight at that pace for anywhere near 12 rounds. He’ll gas. I think going all in for 6 rounds to knock him out is his best option, though it’s far more likely he gets stopped when he gases. He can’t outbox usyk, we’ve seen that

Frank Warren sounds uncertain about the rematch. He definitely has reservations. Probably just realized that if Fury loses to Usyk again nobody will believe in him anymore. That'd mean he isn't the top heavyweight of this era but we already knew that. I'm skeptical that it even happens. If it does then there's practically no way it will be in October. That's just way too quick of a turnaround.

Frank Warren sounds uncertain about the rematch. He definitely has reservations. Probably just realized that if Fury loses to Usyk again nobody will believe in him anymore. That'd mean he isn't the top heavyweight of this era but we already knew that. I'm skeptical that it even happens. If it does then there's practically no way it will be in October. That's just way too quick of a turnaround.

He’s had 3 rematch match clauses or ordered so far in his career. He avoided wlad when he went on the piss for 2 years. He delayed the wilder rematch which the wbc ordered and a court of law had to make him honour the 3rd fight. Usyk is the champ, he doesn’t need to wait for fury or even fight him again. They won’t fight again imo.

Last edited:
A rematch we dont need as the fight was a clear win.

The build up will be from Furys side that he was robbed blabla bla . Funny enough their bullying tactic (attacking people, threatening..etc) really fired back with allowing his deadbeat Dad to be in his corner. Lee and John screamed over Sugar Hill making effective cornering impossible.
Fury cant get into better form, that was peak Fury but he can get a much better corner by kicking out all of his family and making Hill the only one to talk with him.

I do expect an Usyk that is even better prepared for Fury but a little bit older with worse speed and a Fury on the same level with maybe better cornering.

Regarding the discussed 9th round I want to go a little more into detail.
The count was ok but not when: Either you separate and count Fury immideatly after falling into the ropes (because its a knockdown) or call for a tko when he goes there unanswering several more blows obviously being out. You CANT just count him after being punished into basically being TKO standing. Thats the huge mistake by the ref and it was obvious Fury would get as much support as possible.

Usyk will take the rematch as he always uses these fights to support his country. That trumps all other reasoning regarding status..etc.

I truly think that Fury has everything it needs to take the 0 from Oleks, however, I dont think he will manage it in a rematch.

As one of the commentators said during the event, Fury had now one good training camp in a while but Usyk had ONLY good fight camps since he became pro. You cannot overcome that gap in a short time. Fury would need to drop all his lacklusters, would need at least half a year of pure dedicated training, not only boxing but also physical training for muscles and cardio, to be able to dance with Usyk.

I dont think the fight last week was that close, for me Usyk won the first 2, then Fury took a few and then Usyk overtook. The last one can be argued but the controversial count in the 9th even more. This should have been a stoppage, from my point of view. I understand why everybody profits if the fight is as close as possible, but honestly for me Usyk won an UD 3x 115-112.

So, yes, Fury could win and he has all the tools to do so, but they are not in shape, not maintained and he doesnt have the time (nor do I think he has the will) for a last long and ideal camp.

Best photo I've seen yet. Credit to Getty Images. Be sure to zoom in. 😂
GettyImages-2153080364-1024x683.jpg

he needs to be the aggressor and put usyk on the back foot like he did in the 4th, 5th and 6th round. His problem is he can’t fight at that pace for anywhere near 12 rounds. He’ll gas. I think going all in for 6 rounds to knock him out is his best option, though it’s far more likely he gets stopped when he gases. He can’t outbox usyk, we’ve seen that
I agree, but to go at the intensity he needs to go at he needs to be a lot fitter and stronger. He can get there, but it takes time and hard work. I’m not sure 4 months is long enough and I’m not sure he has the desire to do the work.

Best photo I've seen yet. Credit to Getty Images. Be sure to zoom in. 😂
GettyImages-2153080364-1024x683.jpg

That's the thing people overlook. Usyk definitely landed the stronger more effective punches. While this has no effect on the fight being close based on the 10 points must system, it has an effect on the viewer just watching it without scoring.
That's why I'm fine with people saying that Usyk took Fury to boxing school, as well as the people saying it was razor close.

Guys a couple of you in here are parroting this crap about fury being saved by some dodgy refereeing. There was only one moment where it was clear that fury was being held up by the ropes. That was the moment it was ruled a knockdown, and the referee did it absolutely 100% perfectly by the rules. The rest of the time up til that point he did lean against the ropes but he also moved all the way around the ring so he was not being fully held up by the ropes. At no point up til fury was literally slumped half sitting down against the ropes in the corner did the referee stop Usyk. You guys just want them to let Usyk have free shot on an obviously downed fighter, that is only allowed in MMA and has no place in boxing or in boxing discussion.

i can only parrot about what the guy above just said, people thinking that should have been stopped havent followed boxing for very long, or dont really have a clue how it works(some have even questioned how it was classed as a knockdown, the lack of people knowing the rules of boxing is amazing)

i think we all saw on Saturday that a good big man cant beat an excellent little man, Fury for me has always been extremely overated, his resume is absolutely piss poor and i think he has very limited boxing skills

if he comes out more aggressive, that just gives Usyk more chance to land those big counter punches that had Tyson in all kinds of trouble

Guys a couple of you in here are parroting this crap about fury being saved by some dodgy refereeing. There was only one moment where it was clear that fury was being held up by the ropes. That was the moment it was ruled a knockdown, and the referee did it absolutely 100% perfectly by the rules. The rest of the time up til that point he did lean against the ropes but he also moved all the way around the ring so he was not being fully held up by the ropes. At no point up til fury was literally slumped half sitting down against the ropes in the corner did the referee stop Usyk. You guys just want them to let Usyk have free shot on an obviously downed fighter, that is only allowed in MMA and has no place in boxing or in boxing discussion.

I think ref did a really good job. There were plenty of concerns prior to the fight that the ref would let fury lean, hold, bully and foul, but he allowed none of it. He had a 50/50 call to make, give a count or stop the fight as fury wasn’t down and couldn’t defend himself. Imo either would have been an ok call. What actually saved fury was the bell for the end of the round, not the ref

Fury isnt beating Usyk if they fight 10 times, that was his best chance last night, he landed big shots and while he stopped Usyk in his tracks, at no point did you ever think he was in danger of being stopped, the fact Fury stopped being so aggressive later on in the fight spoke volumes about him being weary about what was coming back his way

I think Usyk has a bit more pop than people give him credit for, he just isnt concussive

10 times out of 10? Usyk barely won the first fight.

10 times out of 10? Usyk barely won the first fight.

Most people saw a different fight to you, which is fine as scoring is subjective. He clearly won a competitive fight. The judge that scored it for fury should never judge a fight again. It’s either corruption or complete incompetence. Usyk won by a point if you give every single close(ish)round to fury.

Bear in mind that usyk outlanded fury in all but 2/3 rounds. He was the aggressor for most of the fight, constantly pushing fury backwards and clearly landed the most effective shots of the fight. Did he barely win??

id love to know what people think Fury could do better, he was in the best shape hes been in for a while, he hit Usyk with his best shots, shots that have put other heavies down and out

i welcome a rematch and for Fury to go hell for leather because he will get stopped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back