Usyk vs Gassiev SUPERFIGHT!

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Usyk already made history is he gonna stay undisputed and defend or move to heavy?

Undisputed is such an awesome accomplishment to have on yoru resume.

Usyk already made history is he gonna stay undisputed and defend or move to heavy?

Undisputed is such an awesome accomplishment to have on yoru resume.
My guess would be, if Bellew is next - if each of the sanctioning bodies will allow him to challenge for Usyk's undisputed title, then it'll be at cruiserweight, as it gives Bellew a reason to fight there. If not, then it'll be at HW.

Best Cruiserweight obviously, but I need to see proof at HW before I crown him the undisputed HW champion like some of you are.

IT PUTS THE LOTION ON THE SKIN!

Money on Usyk at Evens and a lil better +105. Won't be mad if Gassiev takes this tho, he's a really likable dude and a great fighter in his own right. Sticking with Usyk at the end of the day, his left hand is so sneaky and well rounded, his jab is consistent and he doesn't really get away from it. Would like to see him box a bit but the biggest thing that worries me is getting into the pocket and sucked into a firefight with Gassiev, he likes to mix it up sometimes to his detriment but he's shown a sturdy chin nonetheless.

Would love to see a fight between Bredies and Dorticos, Dorticos is a hell of a fighter and Bredies is game too. That would be a fun one.

Anyway can't wait for this shit!

$$$. Usyk you are one ugly motherfucker but you have a gorgeous style in the ring my friend.

I'm trying to get into watching usyk, because I love watching lomachenko but he just doesn't do it for me. I was rooting for gassiev but he really disappointed. I think people were wanting to compare him to golovkin because of the trainer connection, but he kinda seems like he's more just a cruiserweight lemieux, but with better durability and fitness

Usyk is a weird guy, if you look at him you would think he was a ferocious ko puncher but he is a boxer and moveer lol

He looks scary but he is a point boxer almost.

I'm trying to get into watching usyk, because I love watching lomachenko but he just doesn't do it for me. I was rooting for gassiev but he really disappointed. I think people were wanting to compare him to golovkin because of the trainer connection, but he kinda seems like he's more just a cruiserweight lemieux, but with better durability and fitness

Watch gassievs last 2 fights and then compare him Lemieux? Gassiev is top draw, he just came up against an incredible fighter who was a tough stylistic match up for him

Dissapointed with Gassiev? I dont get it. I think you serious underestimate Dorticos who hits hard and is an absolute elite boxer. That was a masterful performance by Gassiev. The question is If Gassiev can translate his success to hw If he goes up. There I am a little sceptical but we will see

I think he hits hard but he is not punching hard with every punch on purpose. He is there to outbox you for twelve rounds and a crazy gas tank is needed for what he does. Power punching seems to empty the gas tank faster. When he does his combinations its like 3 or 4 punches thrown with 20 to 40 percent power to just make an opening but many combos end with a 100% power punch like a right hook. It was Usyk power shots starting to land more often around round 9 and 10 that completely discouraged Gassiev from even attempting a last all in offensive.

Yeah I agree he could punch harder if he sat down on his shots but pretty similar to Lomachenko he elects not to and throws lots of pitter patter punches mixed in with harder shots now and then. I think he could have had Gassiev in more trouble if he started throwing with more intent but I guess that would also play into Gassiev's strategy.

i'd really like to see Usyk move up to Heavy and have Bellew as his first fight as a starter, then he could move onto something bigger and better and start to line himself up nicely for a shot at a title

i'd really like to see Usyk move up to Heavy and have Bellew as his first fight as a starter, then he could move onto something bigger and better and start to line himself up nicely for a shot at a title
They're both ready and want to fight per their Twitter accounts. Hearn says they'll be talking this week.

Yeah I agree he could punch harder if he sat down on his shots but pretty similar to Lomachenko he elects not to and throws lots of pitter patter punches mixed in with harder shots now and then. I think he could have had Gassiev in more trouble if he started throwing with more intent but I guess that would also play into Gassiev's strategy.
At the post-fight press conference Usyk said that he'd like Anatoly Lomachenko to be his permanent head trainer. I think he helped train him for this fight. He was cornering Usyk this time around (unlike last time against Briedis). I think that's what will happen.

They're both ready and want to fight per their Twitter accounts. Hearn says they'll be talking this week.

While i can only see one winner, it really is an oppurtunity of a lifetime for Bellew, to fight an undefeated undisputed unified champion of the world.

He'll get fucking battered, but thats a different matter...lol

At the post-fight press conference Usyk said that he'd like Anatoly Lomachenko to be his permanent head trainer. I think he helped train him for this fight. He was cornering Usyk this time around (unlike last time against Briedis). I think that's what will happen.
That's a really big ask of Team Lomachenko though. It's a big deal that he only trains Vasyl. Be interesting to see if they agree to train him too.

oh, man. usyk must be moving up on everyone's p4p lists now! that was a sick performance. i thought the early rounds were close, but he just dominated gassiev in the second half of the fight.

and he really does move somewhat like lomachenko. obviously not as much, but the way he throws combinations, the way he steps to the side... very similar.

and the commentator said "he fights with a maniacal glint in his eye" which is by far the best description i've heard of the man.

That's a really big ask of Team Lomachenko though. It's a big deal that he only trains Vasyl. Be interesting to see if they agree to train him too.
It is. Though, they both only fight two to three times a year anyway. They already train together and are based in the same location. I think we'll see it happen due to their close relationship and having already trained under him for years.

Usyk is the man. Damn I love to watch that guy fight. Crazy style for his size. Absolutely dominant second half.

It is. Though, they both only fight two to three times a year anyway. They already train together and are based in the same location. I think we'll see it happen due to their close relationship and having already trained under him for years.
Well they are supposed to be best friends so what would it hurt to share a trainer if they are already half way there already. Based on Usyk's amazing performance it certainly looks like it would be a great move for Usyk.

Back