Usyk vs Gassiev SUPERFIGHT!

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Usyk will beat the shit out of Bellew.
Biggest match he can make at the moment.

Usyk and gassiev are on a different level to bellew. I’d rather see him knocked out by gassiev than clowned by usyk. Either is good though. Bellew is gonna regret calling these guys out before their fight

They are among the best, they were literally among the 4 best at cruiserweight.
They are among the best divisionally but they don't represent the best in the sport as whole. Neither is getting anywhere near top 10 p4p for a while, especially dorticos who probably hit his ceiling

They are among the best divisionally but they don't represent the best in the sport as whole. Neither is getting anywhere near top 10 p4p for a while, especially dorticos who probably hit his ceiling

Tired of this p4p bullshit. It was created to promote manlets and I have nothing against it. But the concept has been reversed, now we use this non existent imaginary thing to discredit physically bigger boxers that could actually kick anyones ass.

What does it mean among the best divisionally? Cruiserweight is the second toughest division after heavyweight in terms of actual fighting ability. If you think Canelo is a better p4p boxer than Usyk I have no problem about it because Canelo has to sell tickets and you somehow have to promote that shit. But hardcore fans should not fool theirself with this trick. Usyk is ten times the boxer Canelo is in real life. He would obliterate and make fun of Canelo in the ring on his worst day.

Tired of this p4p bullshit. It was created to promote manlets and I have nothing against it. But the concept has been reversed, now we use this non existent imaginary thing to discredit physically bigger boxers that could actually kick anyones ass.

What does it mean among the best divisionally? Cruiserweight is the second toughest division after heavyweight in terms of actual fighting ability. If you think Canelo is a better p4p boxer than Usyk I have no problem about it because Canelo has to sell tickets and you somehow have to promote that shit. But hardcore fans should not fool theirself with this trick. Usyk is ten times the boxer Canelo is in real life. He would obliterate and make fun of Canelo in the ring on his worst day.

You are right to a point, P4P means judging a fighter on how great their skills are and how they would carry over into a different weight class.

However this does almost always result in the lighter fighters being classed as better, they're faster, more agile etc etc so obviously skills alone, their bodies are more capable to execute slicker boxing moves ........ but then at the same time that's completely discounting the power and size of the CW's / HW's which make all the difference.

If you were going to use "P4P" I'd of said someone like Roy Jones was a good example, and he proved it by using his abilities at HW.

Well get off usyks nuts then and stop acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread because he would lose to some current heavyweights and this is one of the weaker eras of heavyweight boxing. Gassiev would get beat by several guys, and dorticos wouldn't even be top 15

Well get off usyks nuts then and stop acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread because he would lose to some current heavyweights and this is one of the weaker eras of heavyweight boxing. Gassiev would get beat by several guys, and dorticos wouldn't even be top 15

No no. Usyk isn't that great, I give you that. I favor Wilder and Fury over him. And Gassiev and Briedis would be legit top10 material but probably never champions. Huck and Adamek are still top 11-20 ffs and at this point those 3 that I mention are better than them. But still having only 10 or 20 guys in the world that can beat you is more badass than having 1500. At least 1500 boxers could beat your p4p kings one after the other. No disrespect to smaller boxers though don't get me wrong. I'm a small guy myself and Finito Lopez is my favorite boxer of all time. I just have a feeling that we as hardcore fans are getting delusional with this P4P bullshit.

Usyk is hilariously more skilled than every single current HW. It isnt even slightly close.

Huh? who said? The only one with a comparable skillset in current HW is Fury, and that's only cause he's such an unorthodox switch-hitter.

Size ratio wouldn't matter much, Usyk has 5 inches of reach over Povetkin and 2 and a half inches over Louis, and one and a half over Foreman, and is the same height as Ali. If he gets the right bulking excersizes adn nutritionist advice, he'd make a very accomplished large-sized HW even by today's standards.

Last edited:
Huh? who said? The only one with a comparable skillset in current HW is Fury, and that's only cause he's such an unorthodox switch-hitter.

Size ratio wouldn't matter much, Usyk has 5 inches of reach over Povetkin and 2 and a half inches over Louis, and one and a half over Foreman, and is the same height as Ali. If he gets the right bulking excersizes adn nutritionist advice, he'd make a very accomplished large-sized HW even by today's standards.

I think Usyk would do well at HW. We've already seen how he handles bigger slower men when he fought Joe Joyce in the World Series of Boxing. And Joe Joyce whilst a bit green at the time has a very high output for a HW certainly higher than any of the top HW's about atm. (And Joe was robbed of the Gold medal at the Olympics). Usyk stayed on his bike and made Joe look pretty clumsy. I could see him doing it to most of the HW's about now.

Most HWs will hardly land a glove on Usyk. Id put him straight in the top 5, no problems

I think Usyk would do well at HW. We've already seen how he handles bigger slower men when he fought Joe Joyce in the World Series of Boxing. And Joe Joyce whilst a bit green at the time has a very high output for a HW certainly higher than any of the top HW's about atm. (And Joe was robbed of the Gold medal at the Olympics). Usyk stayed on his bike and made Joe look pretty clumsy. I could see him doing it to most of the HW's about now.

He was absolutely robbed of that gold. Yoka looked the business in the earlier rounds but he was shite in the final. Fair play to Joe, he didn't kick off about it.

Yes, he's much better than Lemieux but he lost some shine last night and I'm a fan. His stoicIsm and no nonsense style are appealing to me. His inability to adapt though was telling, remember when Ray was falling behind and Angelo told him he was 'blowing it!', thats the response I expect from elite fighters. Usyk proved to be a couple leagues ahead.. and where was his honey punch? He threw the left hook about a dozen times? I don't enjoy fighters settling.

Hes got quick hands but his issue with Usyk was his feet are just too slow. In all fairness there isn't another fighter at LHW or HW that fights like Usyk. Just a bad stylistic matchup imo. I thought it was a pickem but didn't really take that in to consideration. I thought would slow down, but he didn't, and Gassiev just couldn't close that gap

which boxer at heavyweight is more skilled than usyk?

i agree that he would likely lose to AJ and wilder, but that's mostly due to AJs ridiculous size and wilder's retarded power. we don't know how big and strong usyk would be if he moved up, so it's just impossible to tell how he'd do. but if he put on size without deteriorating, he could take those guys to school. compared to him, almost everyone in the HW division looks like a staggering fool.

which boxer at heavyweight is more skilled than usyk?

i agree that he would likely lose to AJ and wilder, but that's mostly due to AJs ridiculous size and wilder's retarded power. we don't know how big and strong usyk would be if he moved up, so it's just impossible to tell how he'd do. but if he put on size without deteriorating, he could take those guys to school. compared to him, almost everyone in the HW division looks like a staggering fool.

Honestly I see him outboxing Wilder very easy and make a fool out of him without any danger of getting knocked out. He is far too fast and technical for Wilder. We will see. I do hope Usyk challenges HW but I am also pretty certain Wilder would never fight him and again demand some fantasy payday numbers to even consider it. People need to realise that up to Ortiz he made a career out of fighting subpar competition.

Usyk vs Povetkin would be sick.

Its a good match up size wise, he looks small next to Joshua.

If Usyk is going to hang around at HW that may be a fight for him, its not that far removed for Usyk as he walks around at 220 lbs, Wilder fights at about 228 lbs.

My only concern for Usyk is he's not a hard puncher so if he decides to stay at CW I wouldn't be against it.

Honestly I see him outboxing Wilder very easy and make a fool out of him without any danger of getting knocked out. He is far too fast and technical for Wilder. We will see. I do hope Usyk challenges HW but I am also pretty certain Wilder would never fight him and again demand some fantasy payday numbers to even consider it. People need to realise that up to Ortiz he made a career out of fighting subpar competition.
the thing is though, wilder's out-of-this-world power is an equalizer for any kind of opponent. usyk could make a fool out of him, but he could also be caught with one of those bombs and put to sleep like everyone else wilder's ever faced. and 12 rounds is a long time to not get clipped with something, especially when fighting someone as rangy as wilder.

i wouldn't mind if usyk got a few more fights before moving up, but more importantly want to see him move up by gaining quality weight, not getting fat and sacrificing any of his mobility and speed.

Im a Usyk fanboy but you arent easily outboxing someone with that type of length and power.

As far as Wilder, name everyone at HW with a better resume. Wilders resume is meh but its fucking comedic how unfairly his is judged in comparison to the rest of the division.

Im a Usyk fanboy but you arent easily outboxing someone with that type of length and power.

As far as Wilder, name everyone at HW with a better resume. Wilders resume is meh but its fucking comedic how unfairly his is judged in comparison to the rest of the division.

Povetkin has a crazy resume tbh. Not only better than Wilder, you could argue that his resume is better than AJ aswell. I know his current state of boxing ability might not be even close to Wilder's or AJ's but strictly speaking on who fought who Povetkin's record is ridiculous. I still have Wilder ahead in my rankings though due to the WBC title.

I agree that Wilder and Fury are definitely Usyk's toughest fights at HW. Wilder due to his power and speed and Fury due to his size and speed. AJ is pretty robotic for Usyk and I would give a solid chance to the Ukrainian if he wouldn't go out of the gameplan. I see Usyk outboxing Povetkin and Parker and making them look worse than Gassiev. Whyte and Miller would get outpointed too if they don't catch him early with something big.

Povetkin has a crazy resume tbh. Not only better than Wilder, you could argue that his resume is better than AJ aswell. I know his current state of boxing ability might not be even close to Wilder's or AJ's but strictly speaking on who fought who Povetkin's record is ridiculous. I still have Wilder ahead in my rankings though due to the WBC title.

I agree that Wilder and Fury are definitely Usyk's toughest fights at HW. Wilder due to his power and speed and Fury due to his size and speed. AJ is pretty robotic for Usyk and I would give a solid chance to the Ukrainian if he wouldn't go out of the gameplan. I see Usyk outboxing Povetkin and Parker and making them look worse than Gassiev. Whyte and Miller would get outpointed too if they don't catch him early with something big.
Povetkin’s definitely got one of the better resumes. Outside of him and AJ there isnt much to get excited about. Everyones is meh.

Back