Valentina S: Woman of Many Talents 2.0 - One Door Closed, Another Door Opened

CanMMAfan84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Admins, if this thread ain’t bueno, well... yeah. Just do what’s needed.

Ok, with WOMT 1.0, I just wanted to see how much a fan base Valentina has. Now with that thread hitting 1000, I guess I have to keep the party going! So, here it is, the second installment of Woman of Many Talents, the thread dedicated to everyone’s favorite Kyrgyzstani/Peruvian fighter!

Last time out, Valentina got robbed in her 135 title fight against Amanda Nunes cause of the judges, so the question is, where to go from here? The answer is simple; go down to the new W125 weight class, and apparently, she ain’t messing around in preparing..

Or dispensing with pleasantries!

Ok.. keep in mind, I’m not tolerating any trolling here. Just because WMMA ain’t popular, that is not an excuse. I’m only gonna say this ONCE: troll posts WILL be reported ON THE SPOT to admins if found! THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING.

If you’ve missed the show the first time around, here’s the previous thread!

Alright.. with all that done.. On with the show!

Last edited:
Ariane Lipski vs Valentina Shevchenko for 125 belt in 2019

Valentina is awesome and im sure she will be the 125 champ if she decides to go there. Who is gonna beat her at that weight?

She is wife material.

...but as a fighter, she is well beyond her prime.

I do wish her luck however.

WAR Shevchenko!

s2 resize.jpg

02-valentina.JPG

Sexy woman, really solid technician with aesthetic striking. Shame she couldn't get it done against Nunes, but she will rule at the lighter weight class.

Her fight IQ is horrible and that's coming from a fan.

She doesn't have a game plan for fighting someone who can KO her and not gas.

Waiting for your opponent to gas is a C level game plan.

And I only think she attractive with makeup on.

She outstruck Nunez even with a "bad" game plan. Nunes coasted the whole fight, then said look at my wonderful cardio. That's freaking hilarious.

Man. Are you blind or something?

She outstruck Nunez even with a "bad" game plan. Nunes coasted the whole fight, then said look at my wonderful cardio. That's freaking hilarious.

Man. Are you blind or something?
She didn't outstrike her. I can admit that when she did hit her it was something significant but overall strikes clearly went in Nunes's favor by a decent margin. I can post fight metrics numbers.

She was waiting for Nunes to gas and she didn't. She had to force Nunes to gas and she didn't. After the second round I was yelling at the TV for Val to engage and force Nunes to work.

Nunes's gameplan was attack from the outside and force Val into either being the aggressor (Val is a counterstriker taking her out of her element and giving Nunes a better chance to land a KO shot herself with a counter) or doing a whole lot of nothing which is exactly what happened.

And I wanted Val to win.

What r u talking about? She IS in her prime and I'm only seeing her getting better.

Women have shorter windows of time in which they are PRIME.

Valentina is 29 years old...

That said, one can be physically out of their prime and still be a better version of themselves compared to the past.

Variables abound.

She didn't outstrike her. I can admit that when she did hit her it was something significant but overall strikes clearly went in Nunes's favor by a decent margin. I can post fight metrics numbers.

She was waiting for Nunes to gas and she didn't. She had to force Nunes to gas and she didn't. After the second round I was yelling at the TV for Val to engage and force Nunes to work.

Nunes's gameplan was attack from the outside and force Val into either being the aggressor or doing a whole lot of nothing which is exactly what happened.

And I wanted Val to win.

Me too. I'm so angry with the judging in the UFC. You can barely touch the opponent and they count that as a "strike".
Valentina should have just swung for the fences in the last round. However, she believed she was winning. She has it all but I feel we haven't seen much of her so far. With her skillset she might just fight RDA-style and destroy. But no...she plays it safe. I'm not holding my breath for her changing that, unfortunately.

I really like Valentina but was disappointed by her performance against Nunes, hopefully she'll be more aggressive at 125.

I wonder if we're getting a 125 and 145 women's TUF.
I mean those weight classes are practically empty...

You'd think with all that time in the sun she wouldn't be so white, she's really really white.

I wonder if we're getting a 125 and 145 women's TUF.
I mean those weight classes are practically empty...

We have a 125 TUF going on right now. There are not enough women to fill the house for 145, even if you count the housekeeping staff.

Back