Vampyr 2 weeks away!

Sherlock Holmes contracting vampirism. In a good way. Enjoying investigations and how one (or every single) thing affects another. Good news for potato owners, too, as the system reqs aren't big for this one.

Played a bit last night and first impressions are that there's probably a decent story ahead, but animations are a bit janky and combat is pretty bland. But I wasn't really expecting massive production values. Hopefully it delivers on the plot and character interactions

Agony and Vampyr... two huge disappointments in a span of a week.

Oh well, at least it isn't getting utterly trashed like Agony.

It has an 80 on metacritic how is that bad reviews?
Nah, PS4 and PC versions have 74 and 72 respectively.

Played a bit last night and first impressions are that there's probably a decent story ahead, but animations are a bit janky and combat is pretty bland. But I wasn't really expecting massive production values. Hopefully it delivers on the plot and character interactions

I remember dishonored looked like shit when it came out. Didn't even get past the initial 1st stage cause it looked so bad. Powered through a couple years later and really enjoyed the story and game after getting used to the way it looked.

started a game but i don't know, i'm not quite feeling it.

My favorite reviewer gave it a ‘Buy’ rating so I might have to pick it up.

Game looks pretty mediocre to be honest.. I'm getting "The Technomancer" vibes from the combat, and that got old damn fast.

I just replayed Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines with the newest patches a few months ago. It's still a masterpiece.

I'll be playing this game in the future but I can already tell it's going to bomb and be a $15 game within a few months. Will wait.

Just picked it up, now for the 2 hour drive home and who the fuck knows how long of an install on my set up.

I'm really digging the atmosphere of the game. They really hit the nail on the head. The music is also legit. However, the combat system is very generic. I'm actually doing my first play through without eating anyone to get XP. I get all my XP from battles, conversations, and boss fights. It makes the game a little more challenging. I will say the skill tree is also kinda vanilla but each perk can be upgraded.

I hope you like cut scenes btw. I don't mind em because the story is pretty damn good.

I'm really digging the atmosphere of the game. They really hit the nail on the head. The music is also legit. However, the combat system is very generic. I'm actually doing my first play through without eating anyone to get XP. I get all my XP from battles, conversations, and boss fights. It makes the game a little more challenging. I will say the skill tree is also kinda vanilla but each perk can be upgraded.

I hope you like cut scenes btw. I don't mind em because the story is pretty damn good.

I'm liking it too. The combat is bland, but I'm just happy it's not as gimmicky as the combat in Remember Me. Dontnod learnt from that I guess. But otherwise the setting is nice and detailed and there are a lot of characters to interact with. The writing and voice acting is decent. I'm interested in seeing where the story goes and the consequences of the shit I'm doing.

I'm liking it too. The combat is bland, but I'm just happy it's not as gimmicky as the combat in Remember Me. Dontnod learnt from that I guess. But otherwise the setting is nice and detailed and there are a lot of characters to interact with. The writing and voice acting is decent. I'm interested in seeing where the story goes and the consequences of the shit I'm doing.

You'd think sparing people would leave the sections in good health. Wrong. Fucking wrong. I got one area in critical now because I spared someone.

@Zer what are you putting your points into? I'm mainly focus on my health, stanima, blood and bite. I'm really digging this two handed club I'm using too. It drains stanima like you wouldn't believe.

It's crazy to think that in a decade and a half, I'm still not drawn to any Vampire RPG more than Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Legacy of Kain / Soul Reaver is really in a whole different genre and style - still great though.

@Zer what are you putting your points into? I'm mainly focus on my health, stanima, blood and bite. I'm really digging this two handed club I'm using too. It drains stanima like you wouldn't believe.

I'm not that long into the game so I've been focused on increasing stamina and health. dat stamina loss is annoying af

Back