Vampyr 2 weeks away!

I'm not that long into the game so I've been focused on increasing stamina and health. dat stamina loss is annoying af

Yeah it is but the club takes it from your enemies in the blink of an eye. I think I'm level 13 now? All of the AIs I'm encountering are level 19 and 20 lol. I gotta take my time with every fight now. Such is life when you're playing a starving vampire.

I have nothing else to play. Is this worth the price?

I just got it downloading now, so I'm gonna start playing it tonight. I'm not expecting big things, but enough to keep me interested and for me to have fun. I've heard that it's difficult to get XP without killing citizens, but I'm gonna try and only kill hunters for XP.

My favorite reviewer gave it a ‘Buy’ rating so I might have to pick it up.

He's top notch for sure, but either he made a mistake or did a quick playthrough, as there are about 20 side missions, not 5.

I know it's only been a few days, but has anyone tried a re-spec yet? I'm currently level 11, but I'm tempted to re-spec and build around stun/bite. Wondering what kind of XP penalty I'll receive for redistributing points. I'm reading that claws synergize well with that build.

I just got it downloading now, so I'm gonna start playing it tonight. I'm not expecting big things, but enough to keep me interested and for me to have fun. I've heard that it's difficult to get XP without killing citizens, but I'm gonna try and only kill hunters for XP.

Nahh its not too bad. Your dodge game has to be on point though lol. Coming from dark souls, the level difference isn't hard to deal with lol.

Last edited:
I’ve seen this compared to Bloodborne.....how close are we talking?

I’ve seen this compared to Bloodborne.....how close are we talking?

Combat uses a similar fast-paced dodge-to-strike mechanic, with a sidearm to boot. But it's not as smooth, and BB had fun, unique weapons, while this has your vampire stakes, knives, shotguns, etc (the basic).

Other than combat this is more like the new Sherlock Holmes games. Early 1900's London with very long interviews to keep your investigations going.

If you do kill citizens, choose wisely. I did like how I chose to kill one of the serial killer and later that day it affected his mom that she let that orphan stay in her house when he use to roam the streets previously. Upgrading your weapon as soon as possible is more important than gaining xp

Well, it looks like I just severely fucked up my goody two-shoes playthrough; enough to maybe say, "fuck it" and start consuming NPCs for XP.

Ok Lobos and AJ are playing this. Is it good? Wait for a sale?

There goes this playthrough, just cluster fucked 2 districts, almost want to restart now.

FUCK THIS FUCKING AUTOSAVE/LEVELING SYSTEM RIGHT UP IT'S STUPID FUCKING ASS!!!!

(Insert lowercase here).

Quick heads up, after you decide what to do with Dr. Swansea, you're basically locked into the end game. I decided to level up before the next main story mission and the entire fucking map went from santitized/healthy to shit! [/spoilers]

Last edited:
On that note, one of the few good lessons I learned for next time (if there is a next time) is that coagulation + shadow mist is OP as fuck!

Here's an idea, if you're certain you want a save system that only allows auto saves and refuses to let you save manually, make sure your game doesn't have awful bugs and glitches. Just had to restart my entire game because there was a side quest that wouldn't allow me to get the correct ending, only the bad one.

There goes this playthrough, just cluster fucked 2 districts, almost want to restart now.
I've restarted twice now. Once when I fucked up a hint at the beginning of the game and the other due to a glitch.

Here's an idea, if you're certain you want a save system that only allows auto saves and refuses to let you save manually, make sure your game doesn't have awful bugs and glitches. Just had to restart my entire game because there was a side quest that wouldn't allow me to get the correct ending, only the bad one.
I understand ambiguity fitting in with the moral conflict that the game tries to go for, but some shit comes right out of the fucking blue. I thought I understood what made an ideal save/level up scenario while maintaining the health of the district, turns out I was wrong.

Nahh its not too bad. Your dodge game has to be on point though lol. Coming from dark souls, the level difference isn't hard to deal with lol.
Yup, dodge and blood drain strikes are your friend

Yup, dodge and blood drain strikes are your friend

I recently just beat it without eating anyone. I got an achievement for it. Only .70% of xbox players has it. Feels pretty good. I was only level 24 when I beat the final boss.

Back