Vasyl Lomachenko Is Starting A New Style Of Boxing EsNews Boxing

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

what do you think about his take on that? lomachenko vs crawford?

Crawford isn't making 135. He had a hard time making 140 in his last outing IIRC. This guy is on some funny shit.

Lomachenko isn't fighting anyone who might beat him. Ever since Mikey Garcia said he wanted him, he's been calling out Rigondeaux and Gervonta Davis. One guy two weight classes below him, one lost his title on the scale in his last fight and looked like garbage. lol that he steps up and fights Crawford when he won't fight Garcia.

A pattern is emerging.

They would have to fight at 140, where Crawford is already huge. When Crawford was at 135, he was weighing in at 152 on fight night. At this point Crawford is a very decent sized welterweight, so I would expect him to beat a true 130-135er like Lomachenko.

But that's not really the fight people should be talking about right now anyways, right now the fight to make is the Mikey Garcia fight. I got Mikey in that fight.

Crawford isn't making 135. He had a hard time making 140 in his last outing IIRC. This guy is on some funny shit.

They would have to fight at 140, where Crawford is already huge. When Crawford was at 135, he was weighing in at 152 on fight night. At this point Crawford is a very decent sized welterweight, so I would expect him to beat a true 130-135er like Lomachenko.

But that's not really the fight people should be talking about right now anyways, right now the fight to make is the Mikey Garcia fight. I got Mikey in that fight.

crawford at 177 as we speak

Pure fantasy. Loma is already bitching about moving to 135, there is no way he fights Crawford at 140 (no way Crawford can make 135 at this point).

Crawford is way bigger than him, it's not a fair fight. Even Mikey Garcia is significantly bigger than Lomachenko but at least there there's a sense that Lomachenko's skill might bridge the size differential. No way he could compete with Crawford.

Lomachenko isn't fighting anyone who might beat him. Ever since Mikey Garcia said he wanted him, he's been calling out Rigondeaux and Gervonta Davis. One guy two weight classes below him, one lost his title on the scale in his last fight and looked like garbage. lol that he steps up and fights Crawford when he won't fight Garcia.

A pattern is emerging.

A combined 9 title fights and no attempts at unification in either division. That's not a good look for a supposed P4P great.

His biggest challenger to date is a 37 year old from 2 divisions down? <6>
If you're going to stay at a weak division why not atleast fight the rival champs.

A pattern is emerging.

Actually, Mikey admitted that he knows Loma wants to fight him but doesn't believe that Arum will let him. Except, it isn't up to Arum. Mikey fights on Showtime and is advised by Haymon despite still being a free agent. Politics would need to be hashed out before the fight could even take place. Top Rank told Mikey days ago that he could fight Loma in the summer at 135 and Mikey said "Hell Yeah!".

December 9th, minutes after beating Rigondeaux, he's asked who he wants to fight next and states Mikey for the thousandth time. He's been calling out Mikey for a year now or around there since moving up to SFW. He called out Mikey after beating Jason Sosa on HBO. He told Robert to put Mikey on a plane and fly to meet him with Top Rank to arrange their fight months ago. I posted Robert saying this himself. Why didn't that happen?

A week ago Roach decided to call Mikey out for what he believes is name dropping. Freddie says "I don't think so" to Mikey saying he wants to fight Loma. Who is Roach talking about? Gamboa in the past, Pac, recently Cotto, Linares and Loma.

You also said that Arum wouldn't allow him to fight Rigo even though he was willing in 2015 and gave him a second opportunity. You said that he would duck Tank after Tank beat Pedraza lol. Give me a break. Like @aries said, your opinion is biased af and irrelevant. Good luck convincing some casuals otherwise. All they have to do is run a Google or YouTube search to see that you're full of shit as usual.

DRmYxO0VQAEdwhu.jpg

A combined 9 title fights and no attempts at unification in either division. That's not a good look for a supposed P4P great.

Uh, the other titleholders want nothing to do with him. It was the same with Rigo at 122. Show me these titleholders calling Loma out at 130. They aren't and there's a reason they aren't.

Uh, the other titleholders want nothing to do with him. It was the same with Rigo at 122. Show me these titleholders calling Loma out at 130. They aren't and there's a reason they aren't.

Of course, they aren't. Loma should call them out. He did it with Davis, and id like to see Davis get the taste slapped out of him too. But i also wanna see Loma move up or unify if he gonna stay at 130.

Of course, they aren't. Loma should call them out. He did it with Davis, and id like to see Davis get the taste slapped out of him too. But i also wanna see Loma move up or unify if he gonna stay at 130.

They should be calling HIM out. He's the king at 130, the #1 ranked fighter there. Berchelt is #2. Top Rank has sent offers to Corrales (long before he was just beat), Berchelt, all of them. There are two new titleholders now. Loma moved up just last year. He already stated that he's moving up again in 2018 which will be his third weight class in 14 fights or less. He couldn't get unifications at 126 so he moved up to 130. He can't get any there either so he's moving up again.

They should be calling HIM out. He's the king at 130, the #1 ranked fighter there. Berchelt is #2. Top Rank has sent offers to Corrales (long before he was just beat), Berchelt, all of them. There are two new titleholders now. Loma moved up just last year. He already stated that he's moving up again in 2018 which will be his third weight class in 14 fights or less. He couldn't get unifications at 126 so he moved up to 130. He can't get any there either so he's moving up again.

You can't expect them to call him out because Loma doesn't command that kind of money. Fighters call out the tougher guy when they want "money fights". In this case, Loma needs to put pressure on them. I didn't mock him calling out Davis because I know Davis is overrated and it gets Loma publicity. But as far as being P4P king, he needs to eliminate his own competition. We know he's moving up eventually, might as well announce it asap. Otherwise, it'll probably be in 2 years but not now.

You can't expect them to call him out because Loma doesn't command that kind of money. Fighters call out the tougher guy when they want "money fights". In this case, Loma needs to put pressure on them. I didn't mock him calling out Davis because I know Davis is overrated and it gets Loma publicity. But as far as being P4P king, he needs to eliminate his own competition. We know he's moving up eventually, might as well announce it asap. Otherwise, it'll probably be in 2 years but not now.

Berchelt has mentioned Lomachenko's name once since becoming a titleholder in the SFW division early this year. It wasn't even a call out, he just said that he believes he could beat him. Berchelt fights on HBO and he may have a contract to fight there. As you know, Top Rank fighters are now fighting exclusively on ESPN. They have an exclusive long-term deal. That Davis "call out" was just to piss in Floyd's cheerios. Floyd won't let Davis fight Loma anyway, Davis isn't even interested to boot. Davis is a Mayweather fighter advised by Haymon and fights on Showtime. More politics involved and lack of interest on their part. Even if both wanted to fight each other then there'd be network and political issues that would need to be figured out.

And Loma did announce his plan to move up to 135 for 2018. Lomachenko Heading To 135 in 2018, Will Target More Gold

Loma isn't calling himself P4P king. In fact, he continues to state that it's Crawford as recently as a week ago. Check The RING's archives or Boxing Scene's, Berchelt has been an option mentioned several times this year as a potential opponent. He called out everyone at 126 and 130 to the point where he insulted them just to try and get them to fight him (calling them cowards, etc). The same shit happened with Rigo where none of the other titleholders at 122 wanted anything to do with him.

Berchelt has mentioned Lomachenko's name once since becoming a titleholder in the SFW division early this year. It wasn't even a call out, he just said that he believes he could beat him. Berchelt fights on HBO and he may have a contract to fight there. As you know, Top Rank fighters are now fighting exclusively on ESPN. They have an exclusive long-term deal. That Davis "call out" was just to piss in Floyd's cheerios. Floyd won't let Davis fight Loma anyway, Davis isn't even interested to boot. Davis is a Mayweather fighter advised by Haymon and fights on Showtime. More politics involved and lack of interest on their part. Even if both wanted to fight each other then there'd be network and political issues that would need to be figured out.

And Loma did announce his plan to move up to 135 for 2018. Lomachenko Heading To 135 in 2018, Will Target More Gold

Loma isn't calling himself P4P king. In fact, he continues to state that it's Crawford as recently as a week ago. Check The RING's archives or Boxing Scene's, Berchelt has been an option mentioned several times this year as a potential opponent. He called out everyone at 126 and 130 to the point where he insulted them just to try and get them to fight him (calling them cowards, etc). The same shit happened with Rigo where none of the other titleholders at 122 wanted anything to do with him.

Golden Boy also has a deal with ESPN. All this talk about how HBO fighters can't fight ESPN guys is overblown. HBO and SHO fighters are with separate promotions, but ESPN has Golden Boy. The Berchelt fight isn't impossible to do.

I didn't say Loma is calling himself that, he's not #1 but he is ranked. Not like he's going to fight Bud, so that's irrelevant. He could say GGG is #1 but we know that's not happening either.

Golden Boy also has a deal with ESPN. All this talk about how HBO fighters can't fight ESPN guys is overblown. HBO and SHO fighters are with separate promotions, but ESPN has Golden Boy. The Berchelt fight isn't impossible to do.

I didn't say Loma is calling himself that, he's not #1 but he is ranked. Not like he's going to fight Bud, so that's irrelevant. He could say GGG is #1 but we know that's not happening either.

When Loma was a titleholder at Featherweight there were no unified titlists at the time. He moved up to try and unify as he couldn't get them to, either. You know how many unified titlists there were and are now since Loma moved to Super Featherweight? None. Politics, different networks and unwillingness to fight other titlists are the reasons why that is. They're afraid to lose their 0 in the L column. Loma has no 0 to protect. He's called out every titlist from 126 to 130, recently, and is game to fight at 135 to try and get the fights he wants (namely Garcia & Linares). If Mikey is serious about fighting Lomachenko then they will in 2018. These Haymon and Golden Boy fighters don't want to do business with Top Rank and put their titleholders up against a guy that will be heavily favored to beat them as well as the A-side. At 135 there's only a couple options there that even look appealing where Loma wouldn't be heavily favored to beat them.

When Loma was a titleholder at Featherweight there were no unified titlists at the time. He moved up to try and unify as he couldn't get them to, either. You know how many unified titlists there were and are now since Loma moved to Super Featherweight? None. Politics, different networks and unwillingness to fight other titlists are the reasons why that is. They're afraid to lose their 0 in the L column. Loma has no 0 to protect. He's called out every titlist from 126 to 130, recently, and is game to fight at 135 to try and get the fights he wants (namely Garcia & Linares). If Mikey is serious about fighting Lomachenko then they will in 2018. These Haymon and Golden Boy fighters don't want to do business with Top Rank and put their titleholders up against a guy that will be heavily favored to beat them as well as the A-side. At 135 there's only a couple options there that even look appealing where Loma wouldn't be heavily favored to beat them.

Haymon's guys are ducks, British promoters are ducks including TR. But I personally dont think GB are trying to protect anyone in that division. Loma is already heralded as the top guy, so them protecting a 0 isn't convincing anyone otherwise. I would like to hope, they have the self-confidence to feel like they can hand him another L, and do the fight. But that pressure has to come from somewhere. Obviously they're not going to run towards the brick wall, Loma needs to put on the heat. Start calling out everybody.

Back