Vegas eats review

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got back today, 8 days is too much but considering it took 2 hours longer to drive home due to some impatient prick it was worth it.

Saturday night:
Voodoo Steak, I originally booked Michael Mina's brasserie at Aria but wasn't hungry enough for the time booked so cancelled and liked Voodoo when I want to the nightclub because the views are nice. $300 waste of money. Shortrib on bruschetta was too rich and too much for a starter. The lobster bisque was full of raw white onion so I had indigestion which was horrible which woke me up at 3:30am. Husband's steak tartare and steak was really nice and the service was amazing...my Negroni was way too sweet though.

Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen. Sunday lunch.
WINNER!! Amazing value for money, $95 per person for scallops, then beef wellington and finished with sticky toffee pudding. By Vegas prices a 3 course meal for that is crazy, the service was incredible and the smoked Old Fashioneds were very smokey and a bit of a crowd pleaser.

I'm getting sketchy on the days now.

Oyster Bar at Station was a surprise! Only went because I wanted to see a movie there. The crab stew was brilliant.

Voltaggio's Retro at Mandalay was okay. You can tell it's only there for a year and there wasn't enough truffle on the pot pie. The Appletinis were bomb though.

Momofuku at Cosmopolitan was amazing.Not fine dining but I was after his pork ramen after going down the rabbit hole of buying his book which spreads over 4 pages. $19 wasn't terrible, I've spent more in New York for ramen. David Chang is a genius.

Scarpetta at Cosmopolitan. Likely my favourite. Had a table looking out over the fountains, ordered the duck and foie gras ravioli with truffle. Love Scott Conant and potentially top 5 pasta dishes ever.

Had some nice crab cakes one day at Worlfgang Puck's but can't remember when.

I went off Vegas 6 years ago and only went back for U2 but I'm back in again now it's 3.5 hour drive away.

You just broke Rule #1. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ;)

But really... hope you had a wonderful time Cuffs :)

negroni tip
if you are getting them at a place you suspect will make them sweet

ask for dry vermouth instead of sweet vermouth

negroni tip
if you are getting them at a place you suspect will make them sweet

ask for dry vermouth instead of sweet vermouth
After the Old Fashioneds at Hell's I got a proper Negroni which was the right amount of bitterness. I just had a bad experience at Voodoo which I just wrote off as a never to be done again.

I kept running into muddled Old Fashions though! Which I've never had other than Vegas, I ended up having to make sure I asked first.

Back