Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't show much of a story, but Venom has always been my favorite marvel villain (still have Amazing spider Man 316, silly putty stains and all) and they got the look and voice down just as I always imagined. It won't be TDK or Logan to me I'm sure but I'm still excited.

I'm still not sure about this one. They should have casted a better villain.

Don't tell me Tom Hardy voiced Venom like he did Bane? It sounds atrocious

CGI looks good. Looks like it'll be a great action film.

I'm still not sold though. This whole thing strikes me as one of various cash grabs Sony is desperate to pull off before they lose the rights to the SpiderMan franchise.

The fact that they're even making a solo Venom film without any connection to Spidey just strikes me as a weird.

Also, I could barely make out what Venom was saying. Too much distortion though that'll probably be fixed up though.

Overall, a good trailer but I'm just not hyped for this so take that for what its worth.

CGI looks good. Looks like it'll be a great action film.

I'm still not sold though. This whole thing strikes me as one of various cash grabs Sony is desperate to pull off before they lose the rights to the SpiderMan franchise.

The fact that they're even making a solo Venom film without any connection to Spidey just strikes me as a weird.

Also, I could barely make out what Venom was saying. Too much distortion though that'll probably be fixed up though.

Overall, a good trailer but I'm just not hyped for this so take that for what its worth.

Yup.

It just looks cool, also add cool actor and wala, give us your money. - Sony President

But do we really expect sony to expand a super hero cinamatic universe lol.

Ill see it just for the sake of seeing an updated visual of venom on screen.

Mark my words once these characters get back to MCU, from aesthetics to tone, direction, story telling, execution ect. will be done better

Normally I'd jump in to fight comments like these in favor of new directions but I agree Venom spends an awful lot of time in the comics defining himself by his rivalry with Spiderman. It's the hard-driving force behind everything he does, its one of his chief reasons for threatening the general public -- namely to draw Spiderman out into the open or into a trap

Without that dynamic, it's harder to justify Venom's "burning desire" for anything other than eating brains and a general, vague desire to spread fear (both references in the comics)

Also hilarious: the fact that Eddie Brock is the one forced to actually "eat" what Venom eats, so those massive jaws only wind up facializing the poor guy inside, they don't actually guarantee anything fits in his mouth unless Venom chews his food for an uncomfortably long amount of time

Main villain is gonna be horrible. Hopefully Hardy can carry this solo

Yup.

It just looks cool, also add cool actor and wala, give us your money. - Sony President

But do we really expect sony to expand a super hero cinamatic universe lol.

Ill see it just for the sake of seeing an updated visual of venom on screen.

Mark my words once these characters get back to MCU, from aesthetics to tone, direction, story telling, execution ect. will be done better
Kinda hoping Hardy gets the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool reboot treatment. There's a good Venom movie in him but this don't look like it

Anyone else here secretly hoped that Thanos' arrival on Earth brought the symbiote along?

CGI looks a little weak at points, but I want to watch it.

for some reason im now fully erect. bring on october.

Kinda hoping Hardy gets the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool reboot treatment. There's a good Venom movie in him but this don't look like it

I agree,

If hes invested like Ryan is with DP. It could be done right

Update: August 1, 2018

Japanese Poster for VENOM is All Sorts of Awesome

96EpKqW.jpg

The more i see, the more i like it. The latest trailer is such an improvement over the first. Looks like it's going to have some sick action, though i wonder if they're giving too much away showing that scene between Venom and Riot at the end. Whatever, i went from not much interest to wanting to see it in the theater.

Was always sort of intrigued, new trailer got me pretty amped though. Looks pretty good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back