Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: August 1, 2018

Japanese Poster for VENOM is All Sorts of Awesome

96EpKqW.jpg
That is...badasssss. Love it.

Doesn't look good. CGI looked like garbage in some parts or at least unfinished. I like Hardy, but his interpretation of a NY/Boston style accent is horrible.

Will see, but these trailers aren't blowing me away.

I dont get people complaining about not understanding what Venom is saying. I mean seriously, are you guys wearing hearing aids? English is my second language and I understood everything without any trouble.

Love Hardy and love Venom! Good supporting cast too and director can be good. Zombieland was a movie that mixed dark humor and horror really well. Let's not talk about the producers and screenwriters though, let's just hope they don't interfere too much and that Hardy, which I read was in charge of changing some things, does his own thing.

In regards to the last scene and the turd line. It did seem a bit jarring, mostly because they've been showing a much more serious tone. Seemed a little off putting and disjointed, which you have to blame the people making the trailers for. However, that line is from the comics and mesh extremely well with the personality of Venom. If the movie actually sets it up, and gives us time to comes to term with that personality, then it could work. Might even be very entertaining. I hope they can pull it off!

Saw a trailer and had a funny line in the convenience store, after The symbiote leaves Eddy explains to the store clerk that he has a parasite.

I dont get people complaining about not understanding what Venom is saying. I mean seriously, are you guys wearing hearing aids? English is my second language and I understood everything without any trouble.

Love Hardy and love Venom! Good supporting cast too and director can be good. Zombieland was a movie that mixed dark humor and horror really well. Let's not talk about the producers and screenwriters though, let's just hope they don't interfere too much and that Hardy, which I read was in charge of changing some things, does his own thing.

In regards to the last scene and the turd line. It did seem a bit jarring, mostly because they've been showing a much more serious tone. Seemed a little off putting and disjointed, which you have to blame the people making the trailers for. However, that line is from the comics and mesh extremely well with the personality of Venom. If the movie actually sets it up, and gives us time to comes to term with that personality, then it could work. Might even be very entertaining. I hope they can pull it off!

Most of the backlash is coming from Marvel fans who are just upset that the Venom movie is being made by Sony

Mega shills if you will

Most of the backlash is coming from Marvel fans who are just upset that the Venom movie is being made by Sony

Mega shills if you will

Given what Sony did to Venom last time, that reaction is entirely justified:rolleyes:

I'm still not sure about this one. They should have casted a better villain.
Its OK. I associate him with the Indian douchebag that ruined EA and Mass Effect. so he is evil enough for me.

Lost interest now since it's PG-13 and not R. Was hyped for this but now I wont see it at all in theaters. Just sell your shit to Disney already you incompetent fucks.

Last edited:
Avi something, the producer who always fuck things up, went out in an interview and said "Kids love venom" a few weeks ago so combined with no news on the R rating it's not surprising..... Typical... It feels llike the studio will fuck up yet another movie, why can't studios just trust in the directors vision.

Appatently sony (amy pascal) is open to letting MCU use their spiderverse characters.

I dont like this cause sony definately wants to use spidey, and will fck it up like they are with venom

Last edited:
Avi something, the producer who always fuck things up, went out in an interview and said "Kids love venom" a few weeks ago so combined with no news on the R rating it's not surprising..... Typical... It feels llike the studio will fuck up yet another movie, why can't studios just trust in the directors vision.

This is exactly why anything super hero related not in the hands of
Kevin feige and or MCU, i dont trust.

Cookie cutter generic super hero chet. No character development, direction, extension, plot, longeavity ect for their product. All visual and aesthetics and quick cash grab.

In short. Typical

Getting bad vibes here..

WTF is Hardys accent? He has never been good at doing an American accent but this one sounds legit retarded.

I'm just not buying the 35 year old, rough looking, tatted Hardy as a young investigative reporter who gets caught up in a freak accident but I will go in with an open mind.

Avi Arad. While his record isn't all bad - he produced Spider Man, X2 and Iron Man - he's also been connected to some real piles of shit. Like the Ghost Rider movies, X Men: Last Stand, Elektra, Daredevil and, crucially, Spider Man 3...<{clintugh}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back