Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does venom have to be R?

Venom is, on his nicest day, a brutal Anti-Hero/Vigilante. Think the Punisher if he had Spider Man's powers. He won't hesitate to kill anyone he believes deserves it. And in spectacularly nasty fashion; ripping/biting off limbs or heads, suffocation etc. A PG-13 movie simply won't do the character justice.

Venom is, on his nicest day, a brutal Anti-Hero/Vigilante. Think the Punisher if he had Spider Man's powers. He won't hesitate to kill anyone he believes deserves it. And in spectacularly nasty fashion; ripping/biting off limbs or heads, suffocation etc. A PG-13 movie simply won't do the character justice.
It really depends on how far they push it and how its filmed. You could do it by showing the moments leading up to it and the reactions people have to him mauling people but it would need to be done well.

I just really want this to do Venom well. One of my favorite Marvel characters since I was a kid.

Damn, Venom is like Pennywise, except he doesn't limit himself to just eating kids.

It really depends on how far they push it and how its filmed. You could do it by showing the moments leading up to it and the reactions people have to him mauling people but it would need to be done well.

I just really want this to do Venom well. One of my favorite Marvel characters since I was a kid.

Mine too. But my hopes for this movie are not high.

Damn, Venom is like Pennywise, except he doesn't limit himself to just eating kids.

Venom usually has a strict code of morality. He'll go out of his way to protect the innocent, and kills only those he believes deserves to die.

Oh geez. I thought it was already locked into Rated R.

Damn it.

Hate to break to ya. It seems generic. Kevin feige/mcu> Amy pascal/sonys track record

Interesting take on Venom and how Marvel could create a much more powerful being then Thanos by miles under Sympiotes. It turns out the sympiotes predate the beginning of the universe and space and had only one inhabitant the Knull before the celestials. He was so powerful he could kill off celestials with ease in most cases but had to invent new weapons to go about killing them off. It turns out he loved the darkness and that celestials bringing light and the universes was not welcome to him and his darkness. So you can see how they could play this off in venom space.

Spoilers in the comics.

Interesting take on Venom and how Marvel could create a much more powerful being then Thanos by miles under Sympiotes. It turns out the sympiotes predate the beginning of the universe and space and had only one inhabitant the Knull before the celestials. He was so powerful he could kill off celestials with ease in most cases but had to invent new weapons to go about killing them off. It turns out he loved the darkness and that celestials bringing light and the universes was not welcome to him and his darkness. So you can see how they could play this off in venom space.

Spoilers in the comics.

God this sounds so dumb.

If you took every being that existed before the universe began I’m certain they would’ve run into one and other at some point in time.

Comic books always do this.

i wish netflix got their hands on the spiderverse, rather than sony.

I swear if this isn't Rated R Sony needs to just blow their own studios up.

Venom usually has a strict code of morality. He'll go out of his way to protect the innocent, and kills only those he believes deserves to die.
Venom is frankly one of the most morally ambiguous characters in the Marvel universe that doesn't also wear a skull on his chest. Both him and Castle will kill people with little regard for how it makes them similar to those they take out to the point that Castle has that famous line from Daredevil Season 1:
"What happens when they come for you Frank?"
"They better not miss"

The only difference is Frank does it with like pens, knives, guns, and trucks whereas Venom just fucking eats people.

The way the symbiote becomes Carnage is the part of the story that always confuses/and disturbs me though.

Last edited:
Most of the backlash is coming from Marvel fans who are just upset that the Venom movie is being made by Sony

Mega shills if you will

Fuck off with this bullshit LOL. The trailers are crap and it's Sony...

You take that back!!!

324767.gif

Welp there goes my chances of finally getting to see a Rated R Karnage movie if they decide to make Venom 2.

Dammit.

This movie since the get go has been destined to be a clusterfuck

Now that it’s PG13= FUCK OFF AND DIE SONY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back