Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Venom's voice sound so familiar? I thought I was just forgetting that he sounded that way in the old cartoon but I went back and checked, doesn't match up. I can't place why his voice sounds so familiar. There's a character somewhere that sounds exactly like that.

Scooby doo

Shit. It finally hit me. New Venom sounds like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget!

Why does Venom's voice sound so familiar? I thought I was just forgetting that he sounded that way in the old cartoon but I went back and checked, doesn't match up. I can't place why his voice sounds so familiar. There's a character somewhere that sounds exactly like that.
Someone pointed out earlier that the voice sounds exactly like Candyman from the mid 90s ghetto horror movie

This movie may have the highest expectations of any comic book film ever.

It is a guarantee that people will be unsatisfied.

For me, I like the texture of the suit. I like how they mixed the original grinning venom with the later sloppy mouth venom.

The tongue imo seems off and the voice is off too

I thought he sounded like Dr.Claw as well.
Just a really bad version of Dr.Claw.

Sooo uhhh how does this symbiote have Spider-man powers without being attached to Spidey first?
Why is Eddie Brock in his 40's while the last Peter on screen is a teenager?

This is why i don't like live action comic book movies anymore.

according to IMDB Tom Holland is rumored to be in it as Peter Parker.

giphy.gif

Saw the trailer, this looks like it will kick ass. Looks like they are going down the road of exploring the mental illness aspect of the Venom character, voices in his head, etc which was always really interesting to me. I don't get how people don't like the voice, that first 'Eddie...' while he was looking in the mirror was awesome.

Only bad thing about the trailer was it looked like they skipped on the gore. Can't really do a Venom film without a bit of the old ultra violence, I'm hoping they don't puss out and make it anything other than R rated.

Sooo uhhh how does this symbiote have Spider-man powers without being attached to Spidey first?
Why is Eddie Brock in his 40's while the last Peter on screen is a teenager?

This is why i don't like live action comic book movies anymore.

Venom isn't using any Spiderman powers in that trailer

Venom looks cool in it but the origin story looks extremely generic. I wonder how long the movie is going to spend on Tom Hardy before he turns into Venom.

this movie is gonna let me down in so many ways..... but im watching it of course

Does Venom even shoot things out of his body that's not web? Only Carnage did that in the 90's cartoon.

Anyone noticing that the tentacles just seem to come right out of sweatshirt without making any holes etc?? That doesn't make any sense.

Even in the comics, as you can see in the early image above -- we're kinda all over the place with Venom's design. The black stuff is an alien symbiote that can mimic anything, so his clothes are just the symbiote-in-disguise. At the same time, genius McFarlane is drawing it so it looks like the symbiote is reverting to its true form as a viscous coating slathering itself over his clothes. Or maybe I've got that all wrong, and he's actually wearing that uniform (although, why? would be the question). The point is COMIC BOOK LOGIC.

<{1-1}><Kpop01><{1-10}>

Lol yes it does. I never read the comics.
It was a legit question; some people have particular criteria, I don't hold it against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back