VHS had the coolest artwork

DiegoLunes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the old days, a lot of the movie experience and fun was going to the rental place and picking movies that you knew nothing about but chose it only because of it's art.

vhs-devilshoney-1.jpg

I always found it interested the the VHS for The Punisher used photos of scenes that are not in the movie.

a0c44257da0382b2e5d706d7f616793d.jpg

208f04e8-b4ae-11e5-897e-d11326323404.jpg

Makes me miss the video store though I don't miss Blockbuster. I wish Netflix would
open a video store.

Makes me miss the video store though I don't miss Blockbuster. I wish Netflix would
open a video store.
Yeah, and man, Blockbuster sucked. It was such a boring, sterile thing that removed everything that was cool about video stores. Even grocery stores often had cool video stores attached to them.

Yeah, I will forever miss mom and pop video stores. Nothing like walking in and bullshitting with the owners about what was good or bad, checking out movies, and waiting for movies you want to see come back in.

Be kind and rewind. Hated the fuckers that brought back movies that were not rewound.....

Strangely it seems like the only Video Stores up and running around my area is Adult.

VHS is better than all video formats used today. Fuck this slack jawed gay ass world.

VHS is better than all video formats used today. Fuck this slack jawed gay ass world.
I think the experience was better and more fun and movies and tapes were actually valued and seen as special.

I do much prefer the look of HD though.

PC games, Record Albums, and Movie posters from the 80's and 90's had the coolest artwork as well.
Back then the media was more about individuality than conformity.
Everything looks too cookie cutter and generic these days.

I'm talking like an old man now.
Back in my day we didn't want to be like everyone else.
We wanted to be rebellious!

d35fc23444e0df87556469946333b110--billy-idol.jpg

R.I.P the individuality era

Last edited:
open a video store.

The video store in my folks neighborhood (Videoflixx on Avenue Rd, @SammyPops) where I grew up still existed until 2 yrs ago. I thought my kids would never know what it's like to go to a video store and pick a movie but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the place was still open.

Had an awesome selection of movies BTW.

open a video store.

Yeah, and man, Blockbuster sucked. It was such a boring, sterile thing that removed everything that was cool about video stores. Even grocery stores often had cool video stores attached to them.

Those were the days...

As a boy of 11 the grocery store video rental section was the best. A friend and I figured out you could slide the tape out of the box, thus leaving the security sensor on the box. We would each tuck two videos in our pants and then rent one. By the end of middle school we had a full library. The first movie we ever stole was Raw Justice starring Pam Anderson as a hooker. A true classic

Back