Viacom possibly moving Bellator to CMT.

What makes you think Bobby Lashley wants to fight after going to the WWE?
The actual fact that he asked to be part of the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament. The fact that Scott Coker denied him that and he then asked to be a alternate. Scott Coker is full of crap. He may be friendly to the fighters, but he's also a slime ball.

Bellator is about to go out the same way as TNA Wrestling.

Considering that TNA is still going, albeit with a name change and is putting out some of its strongest product in years, Bellator would do well using that logic.
Bellator is about to go out the same way as TNA Wrestling.

Side note: Since we’re on the topic of Chuck Liddell, I saw him at the club along with Rick Fox in Vegas on Saturday. Seemed coked out haha

Sad as it is, rather than pursuing ex UFC fighters Bellator should be looking to sign YouTube stars. It would draw massive casual interest and put new eyes on prospects to build up their own stars.

CBS/Showtime look like they will merge again with Viacom, it would make more sense to have Bellator on Showtime, say 8 Saturday events and 8 challenger series on Fridays like Strikeforce used to do, Showtime knows how to promote Combat Sports. They won't draw millions but between 500_000-a million is very good on Showtime.

This would be ideal. DAZN/Showtime is would be my preferred outcome. Especially with Jimmy Lennon with “Its Showtime”

That would be bullshit for me, I don’t get CMT on my current over priced cable package.

Fuck you Viacom!

That would be bullshit for me, I don’t get CMT on my current over priced cable package.

Fuck you Viacom!

Ratings are down 34% in 2018 from 2017.
If a move happens (it now longer looks likely due to DAZN) you can't blame Viacom

I don't know how else they saw this going. I can understand overspending for draws but Bellator overspends for fighters who have never been even close to being considered draws. Rory, Phil, Bader and Moose are really good fighters but if you overspend on them you are not going to make your money back. Rampage and Fedor are on a whole different level. Those guys are known to command a lot of money. Fedor has never been a draw in the US and Rampage has stopped being a draw for a long time. A lot of people praise Coker as a promoter but he has never been smart with money. This is a big reason why Strikeforce sold to the UFC.

The sad part is that Bellator had a lot of momentum due to how bad the Reebok deal was and they pretty much threw it all away. WME saw that they would be having a valley in MMA popularity due to their big draws losing or not fighting. So they cut costs dramatically. This allowed them to still make a profit while having a bad year. Bellator stupidly spent more during a down period on fighters who are not draws.
Fedor is definitely a draw in the USA especially live gate wise. Rampage always

And if they promote Rory right to Canadian market he should be fighting in Canada they could promote him as their gsp legit top ww especially if he wins gp but they need to have him fight in Canada

And bellator is getting dazn money probably why they made tht move I don’t think there hurting with back to back cards in Hawaii cards in Israel struggling promotions wouldn’t have events all over Coker is the exact guy u want to compete with ufc he knows the game he built sf and has made bellator way healthier

Back