VICE: Let's Get Rid of Mount Rushmore (original title: Let's Blow Up Mount Rushmore)

tenor.gif

I'd say you just lack soul.

There's a lot better things to see in the Dakota's than the Badlands

You're welcome to your opinion. For me, sitting on one of these fingers and looking out as if I was on top of the world was life-affirming. What's better that I may have missed?

160816-badlands-marathoner-sunset-1212p_8c8b56b88c1f3f0d87c3a4742caebfc8.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Magical-Badlands-National-Park.jpeg

Abe Lincoln Destroyed in Chicago Neighborhood
lincoln-chicago-facebook-640x480.jpg

Alderman Raymond Lopez/Facebook

by WARNER TODD HUSTON17 Aug 2017Chicago, IL

A ninety-year-old bust of Abraham Lincoln, our sixteenth president, was destroyed in a South Side Chicago neighborhood overnight on Wednesday.

15th Ward Alderman Raymond Lopez criticized the destruction of the statue in a Facebook post on Wednesday evening.

“What an absolute disgraceful act of vandalism. This bust of Abraham Lincoln, erected by Phil Bloomquist on August 31, 1926, was damaged & burned,” Lopez wrote. “If anyone has any information regarding this act, please contact the police or my office immediately.”

The bust is located near 69th Street, and Wolcott in Chicago’s Englewood district on the city’s near south side. Phil Bloomquist erected the tribute to Lincoln on Aug. 31, 1926.

Along with the destruction of the face of the statue, vandals spray pained “F**k Law” on the base.

Alderman Lopez’ Facebook page erupted with attacks on Lincoln and his legacy with few defending him as the Great Emancipator that helped put an end to chattel slavery of black people at the end of the Civil War.

Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, 1865, by the Southern actor John Wilkes Booth, who was angry at Lincoln for freeing the slaves and defeating the Confederate secessionists.

Lincoln is called the Great Emancipator because he signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863 to abolished slavery in the rebellious Southern states during the Civil War. This courageous political decision was the first step in the eventual full abolition of slavery with the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment.

The destruction of the 90-year-old statue lends credence to President Donald Trump’s contention that left-wing activists will never be happy with merely destroying Confederate statues.

In a recent press conference, the presidentwondered, “This week it’s Robert E. Lee. I noticed that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder is it George Washington next week, and is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You know, you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop.”

Indeed, in the same city where the Lincoln bust was destroyed, activists were agitatingto rid the city of parks and streets named after Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Andrew Jackson among others.

The Chicago police have not released a statement on the incident, and have told the media they have launched an investigation.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...t-abe-lincoln-destroyed-chicago-neighborhood/

--------

Do people still think this is just about confederate statues? American history is being erased by these bolsheivik wannabes.

You're welcome to your opinion. For me, sitting on one of these fingers and looking out as if I was on top of the world was life-affirming. What's better that I may have missed?

160816-badlands-marathoner-sunset-1212p_8c8b56b88c1f3f0d87c3a4742caebfc8.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Magical-Badlands-National-Park.jpeg

I'll take the wide open prairie over the badlands. I may be a bit biased though

"It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of a son of a bitch or another. Ain't about you Jayne. It's about what they need."

-Malcom Reynolds

The left seeks the destruction of Western Civilization because it stands in the way of them having total power to build their Utopian fantasy. To that end the people and things most responsible for Western Civilization's success must be destroyed as well. That means turning our morality against us and getting us to commit civilizational scale suicide. To that end all white men are eternally guilty of racism and none of our positive contributions mean anything. Which is interesting because white men popularized the idea of racism being wrong and treating people as individuals with inherent rights and value.

Good fucking point as well.

not really, because they were.

Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

The legal battle to remove the four Confederate statues in New Orleans was going on for years before Trump was even a candidate.

Last edited:
not really, because they were.

Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

The legal battle to remove the four Confednerate statues in New Orleans was going on for years before Trump was even a candidate.

Were your antifa buddies also vandalizing Abe Lincolns bust back then and calling for Mt Rushmore to be blow up too? Pretty sure this started after the never ending election loss tamper tantrum.

Were your antifa buddies also vandalizing Abe Lincolns bust back then and calling for Mt Rushmore to be blow up too? Pretty sure this started after the never ending election loss tamper tantrum.

I'm not sure, but I think it's reasonable that statues have been getting defaced for decades or longer, I just don't think it was drawing as many clicks back then.

Here is one from 2014.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/...ing_defacing_of_george_washington_statue.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back