VICE Sports Juiced Up - The Consequences of Steroids: SWOLE

I just know cold therapy on this was done during the 60's to see if it would raise sperm count, motility etc. Results from what I had seen showing it was positive, but not enough sample size.

BRB. Just need to make a run to the store.

custom-printed-ice-bags.gif

@therealdope

1. Jung A1, Schuppe HC. Influence of genital heat stress on semen quality in humans. Andrologia. 2007 Dec;39(6):203-15.
  2. Hjollund NH1, Storgaard L, Ernst E, Bonde JP, Olsen J. Impact of diurnal scrotal temperature on semen quality. Reprod Toxicol. 2002 May-Jun;16(3):215-21.
  3. Jung A1, Eberl M, Schill WB. Improvement of semen quality by nocturnal scrotal cooling and moderate behavioural change to reduce genital heat stress in men with oligoasthenoteratozoospermia. Reproduction. 2001 Apr;121(4):595-603.
  4. Jung A1, Schill WB, Schuppe HC. Improvement of semen quality by nocturnal scrotal cooling in oligozoospermic men with a history of testicular maldescent. Int J Androl. 2005 Apr;28(2):93-8.
  5. Zorgniotti A W, Sealfon A I. 1988. “Measurement of intrascrotal temperature in normal and subfertile men.” Journal of reproduction and fertility 82 (2): 563-6.
  6. Zorgniotti A W, Cohen M S, Sealfon A I. 1986. “Chronic scrotal hypothermia: results in 90 infertile couples.” The Journal of urology 135 (5): 944-7.
  7. Zorgniotti A W, Sealfon A I. 1984. “Scrotal hypothermia: new therapy for poor semen.” Urology 23 (5): 439-41.
  8. Mulcahy JJ. Scrotal hypothermia and the infertile man. J Urol. 1984 Sep;132(3):469-70.
  9. Zorgniotti AW, Sealfon AI, Toth A. Further clinical experience with testis hypothermia for infertility due to poor semen. Urology. 1982 Jun;19(6):636-40.
  10. Zorgniotti AW, Sealfon AI, Toth A. Chronic scrotal hypothermia as a treatment for poor semen quality. Lancet. 1980 Apr 26;1(8174):904-6.
  11. Zorgniotti A W. 1980. “Testis temperature, infertility, and the varicocele paradox.” Urology 16 (1): 7-10.
  12. Lazarus B A, Zorgniotti A W. 1975. “Thermoregulation of the human testis.” Fertility and sterility 26 (8): 757-9.
  13. Derek Robinson, MD; John Rock, MD; Miriam F. Menkin, MA Control of Human Spermatogenesis Intrascrotal Temperature JAMA. 1968;204(4):290-297. doi:10.1001/jama.1968.03140170006002

Just reading a couple of abstracts this isn't really compelling w.r.t. icing the 'nads. Is the idea that you drop sperm production which increases TST production as a response? Is the cold a stressor with TST as the response? What is the connection?

I think when you're young you feel the need to be bigger and stronger and more masculine than other men. But when you get a bit older it becomes gross and obnoxious to be around. They are truly toxic people. I knew a co-worker who was a bodybuilder and he was weak and was a shitty worker only concerned about going to the gym. He couldn't wrap his head around why anyone wouldn't want to be as massive as possible. Truly pathetic.
Weak minded and illusions of grandeur.

Truly a life wasted

Because people dont care about looking massive TRT is enough for you to look muscular and strong if you lift and eat well.

Why screw up your system even worse by adding other shit and then if you skip a dose you fuck up your body, if you dont do a PCT you are screwed

TRT is all you need to be healthy if you got low test, no need in going further.

These guys are all on TRT only and they look good chicks like these type of muscles not those freak weirdo size
trt-muscle-before-and-after.jpg

Matt-before-and-after.jpg

b82b6735f6b20f44910d3257ea6faae7.png

That’s so lame, to replace your natural test level with an unnatural one slightly higher. Pointless imo, they look alright but they could look just as good natty, or way better if they upped the dose.

That’s so lame, to replace your natural test level with an unnatural one slightly higher. Pointless imo, they look alright but they could look just as good natty, or way better if they upped the dose.
No they couldn’t .

Showing ignorance of steroid use here.

this thread has made me curious about steroids in a way ive never been before. some good knowledge here, and @ClubFoot your input on this is top notch.

No they couldn’t .

Showing ignorance of steroid use here.

Lol the bottom guy has been on TRT for 15 months. Unless your natural test production is nigh female 15 months of even top of the natural range test shouldn’t result in a superior physique than ones natural genetic limit (circa 10 percent bf).

TRT is designed for people with really low test, sacrificing natural test production and harming your health taking it just to experience high end natural test is stupid. Of course you’ll have an easier time staying lean and gaining muscle etc on TRT but so what, you’ll still look natural (in terms of muscle mass) and unless your genetics are good you’ll still look shit. Abs, traps and roid nips isn’t worth it when you could just train naturally and eventually hit your natural limit which won’t be so far off your TRT limit (depending on how shit your natural production is).

Hell if TRT enables one to get above ones natural genetic limit so quickly why wouldn’t you just up the dose, blast past your genetic ceiling in months then come off until you are back down to your genetic maximum, then jump back on again. Save being on TRT for life, just cycle like a normal person. People with average test jumping on TRT is dumb.

A lot? No way.

Many bikini, and figure bodybuilders make decent money at national and pro level. Lower levels though, it's a money pit, prize tables do not cover the expenses to do this hobby.

Prior GF used to compete I have never heard of anyone being forced into sex work. I believe that's not the case.
I'm talking about the freak female bodybuilders, like seen in the video, not bikini, fitness, figure models. It's well documented that a lot of them do various types of sex work.

I read once that some russian bodybuilders would put ice cubes on their balls to increase hormone production, beats taking steroids if it works, your dick will still work after.

Your dick working isn't ever really the issue it's your balls.

I used to scoff at bodybuilders because I thought they just wanted to look pretty but I realized how insanely hard they work. I can't not give them respect for that. Any scrawny dude who's trying to get jacked knows how fucking hard it is. The top guys are also pretty fucking strong. Still, those guys are fucking insane. Being in the gym for hours and hours to make a muscle look a certain way, is just something I don't get.
They are the first to admit to you its insanity and obsession, i used to bodybuild while playing ball in my early twenties and it became obsessive I had to stop because all the supplements i was taking were damaging me i think I nearly had kidney failure from some creatine fruit punch pre workout called swole, i was knocked out in bed and my lower back hurt,

the doctor told me to stop taking supplements and told my mom to give me soups with no solids and drink fluid, the pain went away and i never took creatine again, he tood me the creatine I was taking was affecting my kidneys converting to creatinine or something he said I was also not fully hydrated, when you take creatine you have to take in lots of fluid.

i used to think i was because id down a bottle watter after each workout but id piss it out after forty minutes, he said sip water thru your work out don't chug water it will just make you body want to release it faster causing you to dehydrate like a water flush.

yeah Tren is the worst of the bunch from what I heard, it damages you badly is that the one thats harshest on the heart and internal organs? I know the Oral Anavar is easy to get.
Oral anavar is really bad on the liver and you should run test as a base anyway to get results. If your going to inject test, why not just inject a better steroid. Anavar is expensive for very mild results.
Or so I'm told...

Steroids are like plastic surgery. You get the freaks who overuse it to the point that actually make themselves considerably less attractive, but then you have the people who aren't mentally ill, but are willing to take advantage, sensibly, and those people tend to appear pretty fuckable into their 60's.

There's no shortcut that outshines the basics. People who eat well, exercise moderately and consistently throughout their lives, sleep well, keep their stress levels low, don't do drugs legal or otherwise, manage their health (including dental), don't endure withering jobs that expose them to the elements, and perform the upkeep of grooming just flat out age better than everyone else. Genetics is huge, sure, but the tortoises win this marathon pretty much every time.
Well said madmick

Also my health teacher used to say she hated it when people who had good genetics wasted them like mickey rourke and johnny depp for example.

Depp had amazing genetics but he thought he coukd smoke drink and eat like shit and still look handsome but all that catches up to you, and once he hit fifty his face aged horribly he also didnt take care of his teeth.

If he just lived basic, like no smoking no drugs and just moderate drinking and worked out at least twice a week he would probably still look handsome at fifty five.

There are guys into their sixties who still look good and they take care of themselves eat clean and are active daily. Young people who jump on roids in their early twenties have officially fucked their hormones up for life. They will now need to take trt for life, i never understood that taking roids when your testosterone development is at its peak.

Just reading a couple of abstracts this isn't really compelling w.r.t. icing the 'nads. Is the idea that you drop sperm production which increases TST production as a response? Is the cold a stressor with TST as the response? What is the connection?

It's not conclusive enough evidence I agree. In weightlifting the Chinese swear by it.

Last edited:
The mindset of the guy in the video is basically the same as a fat person who loves food and can't stop themselves from eating themselves to death. He can't stop taking the roids, even though he'll drop dead from a heart attack.

I used to work out at a gym with a very nice guy. HUGE`as fuck and no secret he was on gear.
He also sold gear. Nice as hell.
He was at the gym every day and I talked to him regularly.
Suddenly he vanished and showed up a month later, smaller and his skin was grey.
I asked him where he's been and he told me he had a heart attack.
Dude was 30 -32 years old.. Had a heart attack and with in a month back in the gym AND back on the roids.

Who likes bodybuilders? Talk about 0's in life. I can't say anything good about bodybuilders, what a total waste of your life. There's nothing special about bodybuilders, they lift weights all day. I don't see any ability or skill in it at all.
Agreed. And they all fucking gas out just from flexing their muscles. How in the fuck is any of that going to be functional when just flexing for two seconds gases out your muscles?

If you want some more insight on steroids, there are powerlifters who open talk about it on their youtube channels.

Lol the bottom guy has been on TRT for 15 months. Unless your natural test production is nigh female 15 months of even top of the natural range test shouldn’t result in a superior physique than ones natural genetic limit (circa 10 percent bf).

TRT is designed for people with really low test, sacrificing natural test production and harming your health taking it just to experience high end natural test is stupid. Of course you’ll have an easier time staying lean and gaining muscle etc on TRT but so what, you’ll still look natural (in terms of muscle mass) and unless your genetics are good you’ll still look shit. Abs, traps and roid nips isn’t worth it when you could just train naturally and eventually hit your natural limit which won’t be so far off your TRT limit (depending on how shit your natural production is).

Hell if TRT enables one to get above ones natural genetic limit so quickly why wouldn’t you just up the dose, blast past your genetic ceiling in months then come off until you are back down to your genetic maximum, then jump back on again. Save being on TRT for life, just cycle like a normal person. People with average test jumping on TRT is dumb.
A lot of sense.

People are recommended trt when their t levels are low. There are a list of ailments associated with low t levels hence physicians prescribing test.

The prescribed doses are much lower than what a bodybuilder would take, but the amount will counteract some of the less desirable effects of low t levels and get you back in a healthy range.

Increasing the doses to BB levels will obviously allow for far superior results in a much quicker time.

But most 40 something males want an increased sex drive, more energy, increase in muscle mass, superior sleeping patterns etc so why not have trt?

Elevated t levels plus good diet and healthy living will show very good results in any normal male.

Agreed. And they all fucking gas out just from flexing their muscles. How in the fuck is any of that going to be functional when just flexing for two seconds gases out your muscles?
Have you seen that compilation of these massive bodybuilders passing out on stage just from flexing? Dudes are huffing and puffing from posing routines, i miss the golden era when they still were functional and looked like frank zane and serge nubret and were not gassing from a posing routine, i wonder why bodybuilding went from greek statue physiques to these turtle looking freaks with distended bellies, its weird.

A lot of sense.

People are recommended trt when their t levels are low. There are a list of ailments associated with low t levels hence physicians prescribing test.

The prescribed doses are much lower than what a bodybuilder would take, but the amount will counteract some of the less desirable effects of low t levels and get you back in a healthy range.

Increasing the doses to BB levels will obviously allow for far superior results in a much quicker time.

But most 40 something males want an increased sex drive, more energy, increase in muscle mass, superior sleeping patterns etc so why not have trt?

Elevated t levels plus good diet and healthy living will show very good results in any normal male.

Id try to stay as natural as possible

But TRT is as most id go with, i have a friend on it he said you have to be on for life, but he looks great his energy is high, he is positive his jaw is chiseled and his muscles are bigger, he is 49 now and has been on it for three years.

He did say it increased the thickness of his body hair, he started growing thick ear hair and he had some testicular pains for a few days when he first took it.

Back