Victor Ortiz arrested on rape charges.

Dang, I have been a moderate fan of the guy, this is surprising and very disappointing.

I hope it turns out to be a case of mistaken identity or something, but if it’s accurate, he can fucking rot in hell.

So the finger Bangor’s a separate charge then the actual fucking? The law is weird, I’m glad I have nothing to do with it.

They charge every sexual act involved.

Because that is how they get someone convicted, the defense attorney can fight off sexual penetration, and say victor could get off and not enough evidence for that, but they have two other charges to fall back on to try and convict him of. So the prosecution can get him for oral sex or finger bang charges. They do this often. Thats why you hear them say defendant is not guilty of this, but guilty of that when reading of verdicts.

It's a shame because I really liked the Ortiz story and how he came through so much hardship to where he was. Unfortunate that his career took a hit with the Maidana fight and never really recovered.
Victor never came off like a rapist type, maybe its cte combined with alcohol addiction? I remember when he was younger he was dating some older white woman and he walked in on her having sex with a young marine and he said he got angry and told them to leave he said if he beat up the marine he would be in prison or the papers would say boxer beats up war hero so he refrained from doing something stupid. So he had some common sense. He has been drinking a lot lately.

He was also never a hornball, rios and coach garcia used to call him a sissy or say he might be gay because he always tries to play white knight or something like that.

Not in 2018 he ain't.

But I agree with you that we've got to see the facts. If this shit is true, fucking throw him away for 25 years.

Yeah, even if he is proven innocent he will still be guilty. They make cases such as these so public that you'll always have a black eye from it even if you're cleared.

Dude can never catch a break. I hope it's a bogus charge by a gold-digger.
Cant catch a break? As if its not his fault IF he did rape someone?

Very strange take lol.

too many "rape" charges these days gotta take them with a grain of salt. Basically you could be fingerbanging a chick one night and three months later she'll cry rape because you go no contact with her on social media. The problem is they can claim "rape" anytime they want with little to no evidence except social media and cell phone records.

Yeah, even if he is proven innocent he will still be guilty. They make cases such as these so public that you'll always have a black eye from it even if you're cleared.
People are headline readers its why whoever majority media today just puts a headline slander someone in multitude people on their way to work will hear it see it and believe it without deeper research because most people dont have time are too lazy to read further.

But Victor ortiz will have a difficult time proving his innocence he will need a super good lawyer, it seems an investigation on the day of the assault march 19 found enough solid evidence to file the charges, in this case the best thing he can hope for is to be convicted of a lesser charge and register as a sex offender.

Not saying he is guilty or innocent, but he is going to be in a tough pickle

Im guessing his lawyer will say the woman had spite or a motive against him.

Last edited:
too many "rape" charges these days gotta take them with a grain of salt. Basically you could be fingerbanging a chick one night and three months later she'll cry rape because you go no contact with her on social media. The problem is they can claim "rape" anytime they want with little to no evidence except social media and cell phone records.

Cosby doing 3yrs minimum for a situation that happened in 2004? I don't know the case all the way through but that blows my mind. I can barely remember the circumstances surrounding girls I've seen a year ago. It's wild out here.

I always thought Vic was a fucking scumbag idiot so yes maybe innocent until proven guilty but it's not exactly shocking that Victor Ortiz of all ppl would catch a rape charge. He's a fucking moron, and now possibly a rapist.

3 felony counts including forced oral copulation, forced rape, and forced digital penetration (finger banged)
Oh thanks for pointing that out, I thought he'd stuck a USB key in her or something

Oh thanks for pointing that out, I thought he'd stuck a USB key in her or something
I heard he tried analog penetration too, but she fought him off just in time.

Victor never came off like a rapist type, maybe its cte combined with alcohol addiction? I remember when he was younger he was dating some older white woman and he walked in on her having sex with a young marine and he said he got angry and told them to leave he said if he beat up the marine he would be in prison or the papers would say boxer beats up war hero so he refrained from doing something stupid. So he had some common sense. He has been drinking a lot lately.

He was also never a hornball, rios and coach garcia used to call him a sissy or say he might be gay because he always tries to play white knight or something like that.

Ortiz to me always came off as a mostly respectful, talented yet uninspired fighter who when things got tough would quit. I was a fan of his because of his backstory and his humble attitude.

Yea, I wonder if CTE plays a factor here. No excuses, by any means. But you see someone like Jermain Taylor, who personality wise I feel is similar to Ortiz, and how much he has changed over the years.

Really scary. Both sides also would/will be a danger to other inmates.

Is it just me or does Vic kinda look like a fiend in that mugshot? Wouldn't surprise me if he was methed out or something and lost his shit, if he indeed did do this.

Ortiz to me always came off as a mostly respectful, talented yet uninspired fighter who when things got tough would quit. I was a fan of his because of his backstory and his humble attitude.

yeah its shocking news, I actually met him once in Ventura years ago at the whole foods he was there with some other boxer named Chia who trained out of his gym knuckleheadz, they were pretty cool I only talked to them for a minute I was entering the whole foods and they were on their way out. This was years ago.

The thing that stood out to me was how caring and helpful he was to an old couple there no cameras so thats just how he was, its weird to me seeing him in this situation but boxing can damage your brain and if you start doing drugs and drinking it will make you a different person.

I think the drinking changed him, I read he started drinking heavily and probably dabbling in other drugs

Is it just me or does Vic kinda look like a fiend in that mugshot? Wouldn't surprise me if he was methed out or something and lost his shit, if he indeed did do this.
There is a female boxer named Maricelo Conejo she looks like Victor Ortiz in drag

Cant catch a break? As if its not his fault IF he did rape someone?

Very strange take lol.

Considering the #MeToo movement, you have to consider that what he thought was regular consensual sex was a ploy by a girl to make it appear he raped her so that she can sue him and score a settlement. His priors make him easy pickings in this regard.

Of course there is the possibility he is guilty. But it won't be the first time a boxer gets screwed over by a golddigger if he isn't guilty.

Not too many paydays left, shame to miss one. Serious charges, tho. If true, fuck him.

double standard. "rape charges, hmm most be fake victor wouldnt do that"
He probably is guilty.

Back