[VID] My second amatuer fight [10/03/07]

lol. shoving DOES work. You gave him a just a lil shove at the end when he was hurt and he stumbled backwards into the ropes. If the ref didnt stop it, you woulda been bebopping his ass on the ropes till he did. Keep on scrappin man.

Stance is no prob. Great job. With a wide stance you can jump out of the way of thigh shots.

Great fights. You have nice quick hands, and your right has great power behind it. As far as your stance? I would say just work on checking leg kicks, because someone who is a leg kicking fiend might really try to go to town on you. You're good though so keep it up and good luck!

You look good man! As long as you are wary of low kicks that a counter kicker like me would throw and practice checking them you'll be fine with the stance.

Good job your boxing was far superior, your opponent made the mistake of trying to trade hands to much but you were to fast he should have used more leg kicks earlier but hey its all good for you great job would like to see ya work on bringing more kicks into the fight.

You look good man! As long as you are wary of low kicks that a counter kicker like me would throw and practice checking them you'll be fine with the stance.

I saw your last fight. This guy would KO you in 1 minute

Really impressive! I would not want to eat that right han of yours

Good fight, you swing for the fences allot tho, something you gotta work on. Congrats on the win, other than that, that guy had nothing on you at all.

I enjoyed your fights....the first two fights were won with the straight right down the pipe..at around 120 of the second fight you hit him with a good right cross that hurt him and allowed you to finish...you did not utilize straight punches in the third fight which took alot of your power to hurt your opponenet away....our boxing coach is awesome he has 70 fights...throw 3 or 4 straight down the pipe jab ccross jab cross...or lead with cross vice versa..your right hand is your biggest weapon...Practice turning your hooks over you were pawing them making them ineffective in the thrid fight, its a wste of energy to throw bad punches, make them count like you did when you throw combos straight.....straight punches bro they are most effective and usually beat the opponent to the punch...you odviously have a lot heart and potential congrats on a good start and keep up the good work

Thank you guys for the nice words.

Mitchell, i agree. I did have a bit of a shoulder injury in my left shoulder during the latest fight,... it really affected the way i was throwing my left hand. But your advice still applies because i had the opportunity to use straight punches much more... i needed to set them up with better footwork/movement though... otherwise his covering up would have deflected most of em methinks.

Thanks again

Alex

Back