[video] am i any good?

MonstrositY

Brown Belt
Reaction score
found this old video of me on my phone, i never taped it with the intent of uploading it, but let me know what you think
YouTube - bag-work
don't worry about the title, i was just joking, i know i'm not very good.

Im guessing you dont train? If your doing this for cardio and general fitness and fun then no worries. If your trying to get better or are planning on ever doing a mma, kb, mt fight, join a gym.

and buy some not pink gloves ;)

I noticed that every time you kick you bounce back off the bag. Also every time you kick, you drop your hands. But thats what the video is for.. to correct stuff.
good stuff

hands down for kicks, crossing your legs, list goes on. join a gym, man.

pink gloves ahhh mate! no wonder

u need to mix it up! the 1 - 2 over and over again!
try not to drop your hand from ur face when ur punching
you drop it then throw it out!

work on your footwork and combos to set up the kicks better
dont try and tap the bag either make sure u connect and "dump" the kick onto the bag!

Follow through on the kicks more. They didn't look hard. You should be able to dent the bag.

why do you throw your 1-2 from your hip

I'm sorry man, its just so hard to take you seriously with those gloves. Wanderlei Silva could be looking at me over some pink gloves and I would probably chucke.

Serious advice though: Train with the bag like you would a live partner IE: don't drop your gloves and don't just stand straight up and keep your head a stationary target like you are in the video. Bad habits to get into.

Ummm Just some things off the top of my head, Don't wear pink gloves plus juan!!
Also pick a stance don't keep switching until someone actually tells you too i.e. When you start training properly. You do look like you're having a good time so if you have no plans to compete or anything then just carry on.
If you do want to progress then firstly it's very important that you find a gym, Nothing we can tell you on here will replace good training anyway:

Your punches, 1 of the straight punches looked good I can't remember if it was the jab or the cross, I'll go ahead and say the Jab. The problem with the other one was that whenver you were throwing the cross for example your lead hand would drop slightly.
Also when you did that Phil Baroni Dave Menne style 12121212121212 at the end you werent punching straight from the shoulder, You were punching about boobs height which is wrong, If you were trying to go for the body then BEND AT THE KNEES, don't punch down or lean over.
Another worrying thing was when you were mixing up punches and kicks then you'd throw the punch and just leave the hand there and follow with the kick or you'd bring the hand back but very low. DO NOT DO THIS!!!
That gay hook jumping DR Cox style off Scrubs STOP DOING THAT! Were you attempting a superman punch or something??? I've never been taught how to do one so Im not going to correct you on it but that sure didnt look right too me.
When you were throwing the normal hook, I couldn't tell if it was correct or not because you only threw about 3 and it's hard to see Im guessing not and thats not knocking you it's just hooks are arguably the hardest punches to throw (toss up with Uppercuts) and no one can throw them properly without training.
I assume you were trying to block with your right hand and then counter with your hook when thats what it kind of looked like you were doing. Advice is dont exagerate the block just do it like you would in a normal fight.
Also you might have been telegraphing your right hands at the start, I can't remember if you actually were or not Or if that was what I was looking for and you didn't do it. WHat I mean is dropping your hand, Cocking it, moving it sideways.... Pretty much anything to do with moving the hand from your guard before punching.
As for your kicks, The teep looked ok except I didnt see where your hands were when throwing them because I was watching your feet, The hands should be HIGH and pushed forward towards your opponent when throwing them.
Round kicks, PIVOT MORE!!! On some of your kicks you were just stepping 90 Degrees and not pivoting at all, Other you were pivoting but not enough, Make sure to pivot alot it;s where the power comes from.
Also I wouldn;t drop my hand on a roundhouse (not intentionally anyway, I still do by accident when fatigued) but it's debatable and I know some posters on here like it and I;ve seen instructional videos saying to do it too so thats your call.
Hope I helped!

alright ladies, thanks for the feedback. i appreciate that you watched and took the time to reply and point out my mistakes. i'll take it all on-board.

lazy knees, no balance,you stumble after many kicks.

you drop your hands when you kick.. you have horrible balance.. your dont pivit on your feet when you throw your punches properly.. you dont throw your punches properly to begin with you seem to be jumping around with poor footwork and nooo balance..

also you drop your hands.... but i dig the pink gloves

minus the gloves, your not that bad, join a gym and you will improve quickly

lose the PINK...unless theyre your girlfreinds (i got mine some). practice makes perfect. your alot better than when when i started.

pink is commonly worn in thailand, not only by katoey but by fighters.
it's a lucky color, not sure it's so lucky in the states.
if you really must wear pink,try some pink underwear as no one will see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back