Video analysis: Body syncing and kicks

Video analysis: Body syncing and kicks

I made a video about kicking mechanics. Thought it may be useful to people trying to troubleshoot their kicks.

Discuss

Great post, I love all the technical /analytical stuff! ;)

I'm also glad you titled the video - Kicking in Sync - Muay Thai/Kickboxing Mechanics

Because so many people get caught up saying thats incorrect when it comes to other styles, and they try to nullify or conjure up the notion that the technique used in other styles is fake and useless, I really can't stand when people do that online.

Due to the fact that other styles have different intents and purposes as an example Wing Chun Low Kicks are used in close quarter and in a squared up frame compared to other styles.

Here Sifu Nima King explains the concept allot deeper

That above technique is more of a swoop kick rather than full sling kick from the hip, as you are taking out both legs in close proximity.

The application is somewhat different and varied in comparison to Muay Thai/Kickboxing as you can see and he confirms how other styles do it as well, where he is not condoning or nullifying other styles just pointing out the difference.

Also the first point in your video you mention as incorrect application being the "Over Extension of the Knee" you see allot of fighters do this in the UFC. Where many don't recoil and retract the leg back to a neutral comfortable stance. That is not only incorrect but you are off balance and a sweep or a take down grabbing either leg is easy for the opposing fighter.

Examples of what I think fast kicks and correct application of knee extension and retraction should be -

Good technique where precision, power and accuracy is maximized for efficiency.

Last edited:
The video was good. Especially you did not forget the position of the arm during the kick. My congratulations !

Back