Video game prices have remained the same for nearly 3 decades so why do we complain?

back in the day you paid full price and that was it

now its preorder, early access and rng bullshit lootboxes ONTOP of paying the full price, that is the problem

also gamers dont give a flying fuck which known actor does the voiceovers and cgi apperances in cutscenes but the big companies think its what appeals to the gamers these days so they waste huge amount of money to have them appear in these AAA games
Rockstar figured that out fairly quickly. You just want good voice acting, whether it's by no names or stars. That said, Ray Liotta as Tommy Vercetti is arguably the best voice acting in video game history. And I don't regret the era when they started bringing in Hollywood actors, because the voice acting did get better. And I think that's part of what led to video games having better writing and storylines which rival movies and television.

Look up essentially, and look up uses of inverted commas.

this is pathetic, even for you.

also, you didn't even say essentially with gta. you straight up called it dlc.

but we both know that even if i pasted definitions for "essentially," you'd just say the dictionaries are all wrong as you attempt to redefine yet ANOTHER word in this silly thread.

Rockstar figured that out fairly quickly. You just want good voice acting, whether it's by no names or stars. That said, Ray Liotta as Tommy Vercetti is arguably the best voice acting in video game history. And I don't regret the era when they started bringing in Hollywood actors, because the voice acting did get better. And I think that's part of what led to video games having better writing and storylines which rival movies and television.

to be fair, they only rival movies and tv because hollywood has been fucking horrible since the early 2000s (as evident by remakes of remakes on top of remakes and reality tv).

this is pathetic, even for you.

also, you didn't even say essentially with gta. you straight up called it dlc.

but we both know that even if i pasted definitions for "essentially," you'd just say the dictionaries are all wrong as you attempt to redefine yet ANOTHER word in this silly thread.

No, really. Look them up. I know what it means, that's the reason I used it.

The GTA sentence was a direct follow on from the previous sentence.

What's pathetic is you're a grown adult that reads like a child.

No, really. Look them up. I know what it means, that's the reason I used it.

The GTA sentence was a direct follow on from the previous sentence.

What's pathetic is you're a grown adult that reads like a child.

and yet you think all dlc are expansions, loading from a disc is downloading, and best of all... changing a pixel color to a different pixel color is an expansion.

if i 'read like a child,' it doesn't speak too highly of your prowess.

re: bold - that doesn't even make sense.

it's funny how your posts became shorter and shorter the more obviously wrong you were. at least even you know you're full of shit.

We've already covered that.

...define "we," because you've only evaded and "backpeddled."

GTA London was a GTA "DLC"

C = DLC?

Yahoo%20Serious.jpg

Showing you were wrong because you can't read properly, is back pedalling now?

Like I said, we've covered that.

haughtily tells people to learn to read. is incapable of correctly using the word "backpedal" or its variants.

never change. keep on insisting that you're right and that everyone else just can't read.

C = DLC!

haughtily tells people to learn to read. is incapable of correctly using the word "backpedal" or its variants.

never change. keep on insisting that you're right and that everyone else just can't read.

C = DLC!

I didn't say everyone else can't read. Only you.

You are part of the problem. Greed with companies like EA is only encouraged by what people are willing to pay. I'm sick of getting half a game.

You are part of the problem. Greed with companies like EA is only encouraged by what people are willing to pay. I'm sick of getting half a game.

Did you buy Battlefront II?

No I didn't. I'm reluctant with all the micro transactions. Is it better?

By all accounts, no, its terrible. Personally I havent played it but given all the outcry Im inclined to believe it.

But what I mean is how often are people really buying a game and getting half of it? Like, EA is one of the most hated companies in the world it seems. But it seems like nobody is buying their games because they hate them so much. And if they DO buy their games, at this point how can they be surprised?

I mean, like I said, what games are doing this? Other than EA games, that is. I dont know because Im not purchasing them. Im really interested in finding out how often it happens.

By all accounts, no, its terrible. Personally I havent played it but given all the outcry Im inclined to believe it.

But what I mean is how often are people really buying a game and getting half of it? Like, EA is one of the most hated companies in the world it seems. But it seems like nobody is buying their games because they hate them so much. And if they DO buy their games, at this point how can they be surprised?

I mean, like I said, what games are doing this? Other than EA games, that is. I dont know because Im not purchasing them. Im really interested in finding out how often it happens.

Ea has or at least had a large chunk of the market at one point and the rights to some of my favorite games. I couldn't do any of the cool maps with battlefield or play as the best boxers in fight night. I no longer bother with the Call of duty series but they were a terrible culprit of this shit. Even WB and some others are getting in on the scam wagon with loot boxes which is pretty much the same thing. MK and the new middle earth for example

There are a bunch of pay to win models on PC. EA is by far the worst offender and I simply won't buy anything they produce now with the exception of them making another Fight night.

I have the money, it's the principle of feeling cheated. Just release the whole damn game. DLC should be free or otherwise just up the price for most games. As someone stated earlier Indy companies produce better games at cheaper prices. I do prefer indy myself but occasional get suckered in to AAA companies.

Last edited:
Games sell a shitload more copies now than they did before. AAA companies aren't hurting for cash.

I hate feeling Nickled and dimed. I would rather they sell full games and raise the price then sell a games with a bunch of content held back and sold seperately
Also, I agree with this 100%

Ea has or at least had a large chunk of the market at one point and the rights to some of my favorite games. I couldn't do any of the cool maps with battlefield or play as the best boxers in fight night. I no longer bother with the Call of duty series but they were a terrible culprit of this shit. Even WB and some others are getting in on the scam wagon with loot boxes which is pretty much the same thing. MK and the new middle earth for example

There are a bunch of pay to win models on PC. EA is by far the worst offender and I simply won't buy anything they produce now with the exception of them making another Fight night.

I have the money, it's the principle of feeling cheated. Just release the whole damn game. DLC should be free or otherwise just up the price for most games. As someone stated earlier Indy companies produce better games at cheaper prices. I do prefer indy myself but occasional get suckered in to AAA companies.

I actually dislike what Bohemia Interactive did with their DLC model more than any other company. Its not the model itself (although it is a little pay to win, best marksman rifles are hidden behind an addon etc...) but how they go about promoting it. Keeping in mind Arma 3 is a "milsim", all items are downloaded from all the DLC for everyone, you just can't use it without the add-on. The worst part is if you happen to come across one of these items, say in a loot box, you get a full screen graphic overlay telling you to buy the add-on, and it stays up for quite a while. For an online PvP military sandbox, this is overly disruptive.

Back