[VIDEO] Joe Doerksen's Uchi Mata -> Hiza Guruma (Knee Wheel) in UFC

ItsArun

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Just uploaded this...Joe Doerksen gets his opponent moving with Uchi Mata then follows up with a spectacular Hiza Guruma. Beautiful!

Is Joe Doerksen a judoka? Or rather - does he have a judo background? This were good efforts. Seems hiza-guruma is very effective in the clinch. I reckon I see it more in MMA than in judo competitions itself!

Is Joe Doerksen a judoka? Or rather - does he have a judo background? This were good efforts. Seems hiza-guruma is very effective in the clinch. I reckon I see it more in MMA than in judo competitions itself!

I think he may, it sure looks like it.
I agree; In judo, you know exactly what your opponent is trying to do to you. The anticipation for the throw, trip, sacrifice etc is always there. Not so much in MMA, where BJJ/wrestling/striking predominates.

No he doesn't. But his BJJ comes from the Behring branch of the BJJ tree. Flavio Behring was an original Helio black belt but also a judo black belt and you will see more Judo in his teachings then you will in a lot of other BJJ styles.

Who is Joe facing? The video is down and I want to watch the full fight...

As for Marcel's throw, I was hoping it would be on the 09 nogi Worlds disc but it isn't....

Do you have another link for the first throw? The video got taken down.

ZUFFA just claimed you thread. But the second throw was sick

Back