Video: Man punches Pitbull and owner when his little dog is bitten

You would agree that if you cannot control your Pit and it attacks it should be stopped or put down right?

I have a shock collar for Captain but haven't needed it in years. Then again he's fixed and the majority of pitbull attacks are from intact males.

Police use shock collars on their K9s and it's way more effective than physically trying to separate animals. Especially pitbulls whose pain-tolerance is high enough to the point where strikes are largely ineffective.

why did you choose a pit why not be like Bas Rutten and just get a small toy dog?
I didn't choose him... My brother gave it to me. I was pretty worried at the beginning, then I realized that most people don't know shit about the breed and dogs in general.

Pit bulls are why I now carry a fixed blade knife when I walk my German Shepherd now. I am NOT looking for trouble, I just want to walk my dog in peace and safety.
Do you take a walk with your dog on a leash?

I didn't choose him... My brother gave it to me. I was pretty worried at the beginning, then I realized that most people don't know shit about the breed and dogs in general.
brother be careful they might eat you in your sleep, I hear so many stories of pitbulls turn on their master when they haven't walked in days and have pent up energy, a normal dog will just dig up the trash or something when they haent been walked a pit bull will go to its most primal instinct to kill.

Self-defense because if topics like these are anything to go by, pitbull haters are mentally ill and violent. All these people and their power-fantasies of killing dogs and the dogs' owners are disturbing.

Also, dogs are usually considered personal property in the legal system and I'm fortunate enough to live in a state where one can use deadly force to defend their property. :)

So you have no issue with the pitbull trying to kill the other guy's dog and in retaliation for the man trying to save his dog you would shoot him?

brother be careful they might eat you in your sleep, I hear so many stories of pitbulls turn on their master when they haven't walked in days and have pent up energy, a normal dog will just dig up the trash or something when they haent been walked a pit bull will go to its most primal instinct to kill.

Oh my god !!!

<Huh2>

Tnx for your tips but... trust me, I am not an irresponsible owner.

Pitbulls are not and can NEVER be trained to be a family pet. Only a complete fucking idiot would own a pit bull as a pet. Trust me I once use to breed pits for their true purpose as a fighting dog and you can't reverse their killer instinct no matter how much you train them. The prey drive in them is too strong. If you own a pitbull as a family pet and expose other animals or children to them then you are an ignorant piece of shit.

This is true.

A few months back I was playing pick up soccer in an abandoned tennis court when this stray pit walks by. He was absolutely smitten by the ball and chased it from behind the fence. He eventually got in through the entrance but we shoo'd him away.

Minutes later, he was outside the fence/court following the ball again and squealing with anxiety. He wanted to destroy that ball so bad. He then slid UNDER the chain link fence, ignoring the jagged edges that were scratching his back, and tried to go for the ball again. We shoo'd him again and he finally left the area.

It was nuts to see how bad he wanted to chase and bite the ball though. I immediately thought of that being a little 3 year old or something.

Do you take a walk with your dog on a leash?

Yup. It's the law here in Georgia, unless you're inside your own fenced yard or specifically designated area.

Not a big fan of pits. Although even the ones I met were disgustingly nice and lazy. They require too much work and eat random things.

Yup. It's the law here in Georgia, unless you're inside your own fenced yard or specifically designated area.
Well, we could say that at least "most" of the owners do it too. I know that there's always some prick that ruins everything, but keep in mind that even when you walk with your dog on a leash, it doesn't mean that he isn't showing some dominance gestures that can trigger other dogs... Those type of things can make a huge difference when they are in their regular spots.

Animal should have been destroyed right there in the street.

Then the pit too.

I have a pitbull/lab mix. I have no strong opinions on pitbulls either way, but I can see issues with her. The other night we were laying on the couch and the cat jumped up onto the coffee table. For some reason the dog barked then lunged at the cat, snapped her jaws at her but the cat got out of the way too quickly to get caught. Immediately the dog knew she fucked up, and laid on the ground then rolled over to show her belly.

This is like, the third time its happened. It seems like she knows better but can't help acting out of instinct. It's definitely concerning.

Well, we could say that at least "most" of the owners do it too. I know that there's always some prick that ruins everything, but keep in mind that even when you walk with your dog on a leash, it doesn't mean that he isn't showing some dominance gestures that can trigger other dogs... Those type of things can make a huge difference when they are in their regular spots.
I feel like so long as everybody keeps their dog on a leash then you shouldn't be having any problems. But if your dog is on a leash, and some asshole is letting theirs roam free and it gets near your dog, if any sort of fight happens then it's on the asshole that didn't leash their dog. I don't care who is showing signs of dominance, you should be keeping your dog within as much control as you can.

I'm so tired of walking my dog, who I know needs to be socialized better, and everybody walking their dog without a leash and that dog following us trying to instigate something. The tiny yorkie up the street is the worst for it. Its owners pay it no attention, so when we walk by the house it runs out of its yard following us up the street barking, and I've got to keep trying to push it away while holding my dog, bc if they fight that little dog doesn't stand a chance. That yorkie isn't very bright tbh.

As usual the pit fans are mostly blaming the owners and saying “my dog would never do that” - do you think the majority of the owners who’s dogs attacked them/others thought that theirs would either?

There’s really no reason to own one of these dogs, they’ve been bred to kill and there are countless stories of them just snapping out of the blue. There are hundreds of other breeds to choose from - do y’all feel so weak/insecure/immasculine that you need a “tough” dog to show the world how alpha you are?

Not a fan of pits FYI

my bro in law had a pit but had the good sense to lock him up whenever my kids came by

too many what ifs with pits, yea 99% of the time theyre friendly but does anyone want to take the chance with that 1%?

especially if little kids are involved?

Refreshing to see a thread about pits without a bunch of dipshits defending the breed. Garbage dog typically owned by garbage people.

There is nothing wrong with the breed, I will agree that there are lots of garbage people that own them though.

Don’t blame the dog as it could be a result of breeding aggression to cultivate more aggression.

Are they able to breed out of those traits??

As usual the pit fans are mostly blaming the owners and saying “my dog would never do that” - do you think the majority of the owners who’s dogs attacked them/others thought that theirs would either?

There’s really no reason to own one of these dogs, they’ve been bred to kill and there are countless stories of them just snapping out of the blue. There are hundreds of other breeds to choose from - do y’all feel so weak/insecure/immasculine that you need a “tough” dog to show the world how alpha you are?

Not a fan of pits FYI
As usually some random dude shows that don't know shit about it ...

I give zero fucks what you think, FYI.

In this instance in Califuckingcommiefornia , of all places, would allow you to stab that dog in defense. Now attacking the owner is a whole different story, dude with the pittbulls would probably end up winning that part and have the dude whose dog was attacked pay for everything. Retards walking even dumber aggressive dogs without leashes is a huge problem at least where I live. Shit , there's been a few times I thought my dog and I were going to have to fight some idiot and their dog.

My dog's mother is aggressive to the point where the animal is considered on the same level as a pet tiger, and that bitch bite me one time. My dog on the other hand , since I already knew the mother temperament, I made sure he knows acceptable behaviors but he still nips and anytime this dude sees a small barking lap dog he goes berserk. On the other hand my dog lives with 3 cats and was raise with one of the cats litter of kittens. I still don't let my dog go near any dogs I don't know well or animals and people for that matter. The owner in this video got his comeuppance.

This is literally hilarious. My 3 year old “Pit Bull” sleeps in the same bed I do every night. I didn’t know I was playing with my life every night.

Back