[Video] McGregor training for Mayweather w/ Ido Portal

What the fuck is that? Can anyone explain the benefit of that?

Mayweather trains with champions. Conor is out here playing catch cards with that dork in the ring.

Hand eye coordination drill, with the added benefit of the cards flying in unpredictable directions, unlike a ball that would come right at you.

Targeting practice.

Hand eye coordination drill, with the added benefit of the cards flying in unpredictable directions, unlike a ball that would come right at you.

Targeting practice.
I'm not seeing how that is better than other methods. Does anyone in boxing do something similary?

black cards?
racist.
Ido saying 'boom' on every 'punch'?
embarassing.

Roddy gets smacked in the head at the end.

Weird training, reminds me of the weird stuff Lomachenko does.
Lomachenko does weirder stuff than that even:

Man, if movement training is "touch butt", what would the Diaz bros call this?

Anybody who has trained before can see the benefit of this type of movement training.

What Ido helps you do works. Does it change lives? No.

But it definitely helps.

You really aren't that smart if you need it to be explained to you!
IDK, I've trained Muay Thai and boxing, been around pro and good amateur fighters and follow the sports and never heard of anyone doing that. So yeah, I guess I'm a dummy.

giphy.gif

I'm not seeing how that is better than other methods. Does anyone in boxing do something similary?
Who knows. I'm not vouching for it, but it was pretty obvious what he was doing and why.

Whether it works or not, i don't know.

Anybody who has trained before can see the benefit of this type of movement training.

What Ido helps you do works. Does it change lives? No.

But it definitely helps.

Wtf. A normal and good post in a ido portal thread?

Got to give it to Conor. At least he is putting in the time.

Any respectable boxing gym has hand eye coordination exercises. Ball hats, double mounted speed balls, dribbling tennis balls, punching hanging tennis balls, table tennis, laserpointer tag, reaction balls and... catching playing cards. The "dumber" the better because the object is to train the brain and not acquire a new set of motor skills.

Ever seena double ended bag or tennis ball attached with an elastic cord to a baseball cap?

It's to improve eye-hand coordination.

I usually see the benifit in Ido's drills but this one...not so much. I get that it is suposed to help with dealing with unpredictable angles but the use of cards seems like a poor choice to me. High in unpredictability but low in speed and extremely easy to track with your eyes.

But hey they can do what they want, won't make a difference.

Back