(video) Michael Chiesa "I say get rid of weight cutting" also talks Conor McGregor & more

Whittaker was 189 the week leading up to the Romero fight
Bones is 215ish
TJ can make the weight class below his, though the guy is absolutely shredded

I would consider 10 lbs or less to be pretty small cuts
You are out of your mind and talking nonsense if you think Jones is a natural LHW

Jones is not only the biggest LHW in history, Jones is the BIGGEST FIGHTER relative to division there has ever been in history

2eajtzs.jpg

Jones is the biggest weight cutting size bully disgrace in MMA history

Hes someone who would be one of the biggest HWs yet he's down at LHW while ever refusing to fight at HW

You are out of your mind and talking nonsense if you think Jones is a natural LHW

Jones is not only the biggest LHW in history, Jones is the BIGGEST FIGHTER relative to division there has ever been in history

2eajtzs.jpg

Hes someone who would be one of the biggest HWs yet he's down at LHW while ever refusing to fight at HW

I think Rumble at WW beats Jones for the biggest-weight-cutting-size-bully-disgrace belt.

I say get rid of Michael Chiesa.

Mike is just a can imo... He's like an emotional little baby, with below average skills. He relies 100% on being bigger than his opponents. He fought Lee and got taken out in the first round.

2eajtzs.jpg

by what metric? he doesn't struggle to make 205 at all, he's posted pics before of him weighing 215 or less on fight week. weight cutting "bully disgraces" should be reserved for people that cut massive amount of weight - and/or miss their intended target one or multiple times (tibau, rumble @ 170, darren till @ 170, etc...)

ever notice that he is walking around on stilts? he doesn't carry a lot of weight in his legs, but obviously it works for him

if you are looking for reasons to not like Bones, he hasn't exactly made it difficult. but extreme weight cutting is not one of them

edit - hell even his arch nemesis DC should be disliked for weight cutting more than him, he couldn't even make the weight (towel gate?)

Last edited:
Anyone have cliffs on what he says about McGregor? At work so can't listen. And before I get flamed for only caring what he has to say about Conor, it is relevant to how the rest of the year will play out in the MMA landscape. Chiesa is one of the plaintiffs in the charges against Conor if I'm not mistaken.

If the rumours are true that UFC is trying to make Conor-Khabib for October 6th, and it actually comes to fruition, then I'll cancel my flight to Germany and go to Vegas. If not, I'll still get to go see the Oilers play in one of my mother lands. Big plans could partially depend on Chiesa's attitude/intent on the whole situation.

You hear Chiesa talk and he sounds fairly articulate and well spoken, yet when you look at him you think "this guy looks like he'd be drunk in front of a 7-11 at 1 am, looking for cigarette butts and asking for change"

Dude should clean up his act.. Find a barber, a razor and some shaving cream. Might do him some good in terms of promotion.

Ban weight cutting. Fighters will not have that health problems, their cardio will be better and the fights will be more entertaining

Back