(Video) My first exhibition fight

BloodBonesNButter

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have my first amateur fight on the 17th of March. I've been training just about one year now in K1 rules.

Below is the cellphone footage of my first exhibition match back in November. It was originally going to be an amateur fight but my opponent supplied the wrong form for his blood work. Minutes out, waiting to make the walk, the ref is trying to tell me that the fight is now an exhibition. He tells me, don't try to knock my opponent out \_(•_•)_/ and that the fight would stop if there's any blood drawn.

Unfortunately I did not win. I Was SUPER nervous. Looking back in kinda embarrassed but Now I'm super excited to get back in there!

I'm in the red gloves, and blue tape.
Rd1.

Rd2.

Rd3.

Edit: My last fight, on the 17th of march, did not go as planned lol. As soon as the bell rung proper technique and mindset went right out the window. Ultimately I brawled myself to a three round decision loss. I did almost finished him in the second. I have taken away and learned so much from this experience! On to the next fight soon!

Last edited:
What weight class are you in big dawg? almost to me looks like LW or WW.

Last edited:
The video and my next fight are at 150 catchweight but I can and will fight at featherweight

I enjoy a pretty big size advantage at 6' haha
Nice nice lol you plan on making a career out of kickboxing or are you just doing it for the experience?

Nice nice lol you plan on making a career out of kickboxing or are you just doing it for the experience?
My short term goal is to complete a 4 week training camp. Getting 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. Then I want to spend at least a month at a bigger gym. There is not a lot of good striking centered gyms in the northeastern U.S. Outside of NYC. I'm deffinetly open to try MMA too.
To answer the question lol I wanna spend some more time with higher level coaches and see how I feel about it.

My short term goal is to complete a 4 week training camp. Getting 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. Then I want to spend at least a month at a bigger gym. There is not a lot of good striking centered gyms in the northeastern U.S. Outside of NYC. I'm deffinetly open to try MMA too.
To answer the question lol I wanna spend some more time with higher level coaches and see how I feel about it.
Yea man I feel you on that. It's all about learning and growing. I've given kickboxing a thought, don't know how far I would go, there are a shit ton of Killers out there especially in the lighter weight classes (135-155) I love the high pace that kickboxing brings with it. I'm a grappler as well, but man there's nothing like kickboxing.

Do you have an idea on any big name gyms you would want to train at?

Yea man I feel you on that. It's all about learning and growing. I've given kickboxing a thought, don't know how far I would go, there are a shit ton of Killers out there especially in the lighter weight classes (135-155) I love the high pace that kickboxing brings with it. I'm a grappler as well, but man there's nothing like kickboxing.

Do you have an idea on any big name gyms you would want to train at?
A former training partner, the guy who actually got me into kickboxing, trains at kings mma now. So as of right now that's what I'm thinking.

You have good form, good technique, and you fight poised though a bit stiff. Your striking is crisp. The main problem I see is hesitation, and reluctance to engage.

You definitely have potential to be really really good. Good luck.

You have good form, good technique, and you fight poised though a bit stiff. Your striking is crisp. The main problem I see is hesitation, and reluctance to engage.

You definitely have potential to be really really good. Good luck.
Thanks man! Really appreciate that

Nice jab! Overall good posture troughout the whole fight which is very good for a first fight. You seem to have good technique, footwork on defense but i'd say make him pay for throwing a strike! Now you were landing some nice jabs and kicks but whenevet he threw something you weren't really retaliating.

Nice jab! Overall good posture troughout the whole fight which is very good for a first fight. You seem to have good technique, footwork on defense but i'd say make him pay for throwing a strike! Now you were landing some nice jabs and kicks but whenevet he threw something you weren't really retaliating.
Thank you very much. I hope to show great improvement Saturday!

My last fight, on the 17th of march, did not go as planned lol. As soon as the bell rung proper technique and mindset went right out the window. Ultimately I brawled myself to a three round decision loss. I did almost finished him in the second. Unfortunatly there is no footage.

I have taken away, and learned, so much from this experience! On to the next fight!!

Back