Video: NFL running back David Johnson embarasses Woodley on 40 yard dash

Not available in my country

Well fuck you to cock suckers

Straight line speed is hardly relevant for football let alone MMA. Bell and Brown of the Steelers who are considered elite players and have elite production ran pedestrian (for the NFL) 40 yard dash times.

Even David Johnson was around average for his 40 if I'm not mistaken.

Good. The best way to not get beat up is to run faster.

lol its funny how T Wood is explosive in terms of MMA and wrestling but he is pretty slow in the 40 yard dash, homeboy slipped an overtook him with ease and T wood was exerting his hardest to run fast.

Reminds me of Jon Jones he is explosive in MMA but he can't even slam a basketball and he is 6 foot 4.

T wood more than likely doesn't incorporate wind sprints in his training plus hes 35.

Jones has never played basketball in his life. Why would he be able to slam a basketball?

T wood more than likely doesn't incorporate wind sprints in his training plus hes 35.

Jones has never played basketball in his life. Why would he be able to slam a basketball?
Because if you can jump you can jump, ive seen some africans like 5 foot 8 who never slammed a ball slam one, there was a youtube video of some africans who had insane standing verticals. Ill try to find it for you.

Natural athletic ability.

Because if you can jump you can jump, ive seen some africans like 5 foot 8 who never slammed a ball slam one, there was a youtube video of some africans who had insane standing verticals. Ill try to find it for you.

Natural athletic ability.

Thats unlikely. Feel free to share.

Ultimately Doesn't matter, Jones is a decent athlete and great by mma standards.

Plus his greatest gift at fighting is his mind. Putting a ball in a net is completely irrelevant

Thats unlikely. Feel free to share.

Ultimately Doesn't matter, Jones is a decent athlete and great by mma standards.

Plus his greatest gift at fighting is his mind. Putting a ball in a net is completely irrelevant
, its just different types of athleticism, but the real athletes can do things automatically that are not a skill set, hitting a baseball is a skill that i wouldnt expect a natural athlete to pick up, but sprinting and jumping are.

Throwing crisp punches is a skill set, some explosive footballers cannot throw a punch to save their life.

But they can bench for reps and jump high and run fast.

He fell, got back up, passed Woodley with ease, and then slowed down.

Also .4 in a 40 yard dash is the difference between a 300LB D-linemen and a 200LB WR. Its a lot

it would be if this were a proper 40...it isn't

This is all so dumb. Woolley is fucking 36 and an MMA fighter...... so he is not as fast as a 25 year old dude smashed out on PEDs? Wow he is a shit athlete.

Dude run fast. Dude good athlete. MMA suck. lolol NFL good. A level athlete. 6 month train UFC champ lolol.

Seriously running a 40 is pretty much fucking useless in MMA

Fucking hate the NBA, didn't mention anything about MMA, Tyron is a big black guy too. You sound insecure. It's ok to appreciate multiple things. Not everything needs a gang mentality in regards to loyalty.

When you start posting shit with the intention of discrediting MMA fighters, you're going to get shit from MMA fans.

Good for Johnson, now lets see how Johnson does against Woodley in a fight.

maybe all this running can help him survive for 15 min in a cage?

Uh what? He barely beat him lmfao. That was actually impressive from tyron
yea but Johnson slipped and smoked him, btw that's only about a 4.5-5 second time frame to come from behind and beat Woodley.

real A-level athlete.
yea I think if we took starting nfl players with the right size and trained them from the age of 18-28, we would see a lot of them be champions by 30. The MLB,NFL,NBA guys are the elite athletes of the world. MMA is such a young sport that it hasn't evolved to the level of many elite fighters. But, I think that's the future of the sport. I can't say there are no elite athletes in the sport however. There's too many variations in the sport to where an elite level athlete doesn't quite stand out yet. Once the training levels out for most fighters, only then will the elite fighters stand out. It's too easy for a b-level athlete to have the proper training and beat an a level athlete with less training.

I think if we looked at the most elite athletes in mma it is: GSP, Conor Mcgregor, Jon Jones, Ed Ruth, Israel Adesanya (all guys I think would have a future in other sports). Don't confuse that list of meaning they are way better than their competition. No, they can still lose to other fighters. So these guys I'm just looking at pure athletic ability, not necessarily fight skills.

The other comparison to be made is boxing. I still think boxers (on an athleticsm basis) are better athletes than ufc fighters. But that gap is closing.

If you look at the top 10 mma fighters 10 years ago, and compare them to the top 10 today...you will notice that the level of athlete is higher today than then. Then look at 10 years before that. You can do the same thing for other sports. If you look back in 10-15 year increments, you will notice the level of elite athletes for most sports decline moving backwards, and increase moving forwards.

Sorry for the long post. Just had to air out my opinions.

yea I think if we took starting nfl players with the right size and trained them from the age of 18-28, we would see a lot of them be champions by 30. The MLB,NFL,NBA guys are the elite athletes of the world. MMA is such a young sport that it hasn't evolved to the level of many elite fighters. But, I think that's the future of the sport. I can't say there are no elite athletes in the sport however. There's too many variations in the sport to where an elite level athlete doesn't quite stand out yet. Once the training levels out for most fighters, only then will the elite fighters stand out. It's too easy for a b-level athlete to have the proper training and beat an a level athlete with less training.

I think if we looked at the most elite athletes in mma it is: GSP, Conor Mcgregor, Jon Jones, Ed Ruth, Israel Adesanya (all guys I think would have a future in other sports). Don't confuse that list of meaning they are way better than their competition. No, they can still lose to other fighters. So these guys I'm just looking at pure athletic ability, not necessarily fight skills.

The other comparison to be made is boxing. I still think boxers (on an athleticsm basis) are better athletes than ufc fighters. But that gap is closing.

If you look at the top 10 mma fighters 10 years ago, and compare them to the top 10 today...you will notice that the level of athlete is higher today than then. Then look at 10 years before that. You can do the same thing for other sports. If you look back in 10-15 year increments, you will notice the level of elite athletes for most sports decline moving backwards, and increase moving forwards.

Sorry for the long post. Just had to air out my opinions.

And if we took Olympic champion wrestlers and MMA trained them for years they would obliterate all these amazing "a- level" American footballers

elite athlete Conor Mcgregor
tenor.gif

Good. The best way to not get beat up is to run faster.

For 4.5 seconds? If you're running from an ass kicking, you're going to need to run for more than 40yds. LEt's see where these two are after 2 mins of running.

Back