Video of Raquel Pennington's corner after RD 4

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KazDibiase, May 12, 2018.

1. Jake the Muss

Jake the Muss Black Belt

As I have said, hindsight is 20/20.

If Pennington had gone out and finished Amanda, none of you would be whining about this.

You wouldn't have said, "good win for Pennington, but truthfully speaking, her corner should've stopped the fight when she wanted to give up".

Fungoose likes this.
  2. SnitchInsider

SnitchInsider Brown Belt

Right, but you don't need 20/20 hindsight to shut a fight down when a fighter repeatedly tells you they want out heading into the final round. This shouldn't be a results-oriented question. The responsible thing to do was to stop the fight when she asked for it three times. What happened in the 5th round one way or the other really shouldn't matter.

3. Timurd123

Timurd123 Andy Hug Belt Yellow Card

She showed enough courage in the first 4, she had no chance of KO’ng her, not a slim chance, she had none

Her corner are idiots, now that it’s all done what did they achieve ? Does she appreciate getting sent out after quitting ? I doubt it

4. Jake the Muss

Jake the Muss Black Belt

5. EGarrett

EGarrett Silver Belt

Interesting moral conundrum. The corner, the ref, and the fighter themselves can stop the fight at any time. It's not necessarily evil if they advise her to keep going and she doesn't sit it out. But I don't see any real obvious answer either way.

MD20 likes this.
  6. MD20

MD20 White Belt

The YOU AIN'T SHIT "AWARD goes to THIS FREAKIN GUY:eek::confused:o_O:rolleyes::):D<45><Lmaoo>{<jordan}

Swarthy and Son of Jamin like this.
  7. MD20

MD20 White Belt

That's why I'm side-eyeing Amanda Nunes. You mean to tell me she couldn't targeted some other spot than her injured leg? This is a match, not a streetfight.
    :eek::confused:o_O<6><{danawhoah}><30><{cruzshake}>

eon001 likes this.
  8. MD20

MD20 White Belt

Psst, Google Buck Cherry. Raquel Pennington is sorta like that. But Whom I'm Kidding? I would smash if asked and I probably would wine and dine. However, Raquel would have to wear skirts, dresses, panties and thongs. I have standards dammnit! And absolutely, positively no
    boxers, granny panties or boyshorts! :eek::confused:o_O:(:mad::rolleyes:;):):D:p<Moves><45><Lmaoo><30><{outtahere}><{MingNope}>{<jordan}<mma4>{<tongue}[<cena1}<Goldie11>{<BJPeen}{<redford}<GinJuice>

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  9. Swarthy

Swarthy Black belt hips

Lol at all the white knights in here.
    Silent as church mice atm Rocky backs her corner up.

10. eon001

eon001 Black Belt

She really tried to play up the friendship bs too. I get that she want to win, but damn, Raquell nearly lost that same leg 7 months ago. Aint no friendship in that cage.

MD20 likes this.
  11. Cooliox

Cooliox Gold Belt

of course she did, she's a classy fighter.

You expect her to come out and publicly blast the people who have stuck by her and trained her?

Still, the corner fucked up. It is not even subjective. This doesn't mean they are total fuckups or that she should change camps. This one incident was a fuck up, and I hope they've come to realize this so they don't put any of their fighters in that position again.

SnitchInsider and MD20 like this.
  12. Swarthy

Swarthy Black belt hips

Not at all LOL This is not something a couch potato sherdogger can possibly understand. She hit a wall and her corner did exactly what they are fucking paid to do. She wasnt even that fucked. IMO Ronda at the end of round 1 vs Holly was worse off.

When will Sherdoggers stop being wow’d by a bit of blood.

And people saying she had no chance to win why the fuck did she bother to begin with? Hindsight is 20/20 if she had gone in there in the fith and managed to pull off a miracle like Cupcake you all would be praising the corner.

I always say Pain is fleeting regret is forever.
    Unless they are copping unanswered shots over and over and over I wouldnt throw in the towel.

You better hurry into all the threads about the heroic fighters fighting through injury and pain
    And de-cry their corners as failures and putting their fighters in danger.

It is a goddamb fight you lillylivered nutless sack and not a fucking dance. These fighters go in there with the full knowledge shit is gonna get bad and they rely on their coaches to protect them when they are incapable of stopping on their own accord. On the flipside they are also there to push and motivate the fighter when shit gets rough.

If Rocky really truely wanted to quit she would have waved off the round to the ref. She was looking for motivation and she got it.

Soft cocked pricks like you are the worst fans around. Waaaaaah not enough blood waaaaaaaah to much blood.

Just stfu and appreciate what these guys and gals go through for us fans.

13. MD20

MD20 White Belt

The specatators watching the fight was concerned about her and didn't see the need for her to take anymore damage. Raquel Pennington seemed like she wanted to quit, which would've been fine in my eyes because Amanda Nunes was dominating the fight.

14. MD20

MD20 White Belt

I understand you wanna help your friend get a fair title shot but don't try to end her career!

eon001 likes this.
  15. TheHNICuLuv2Hate

TheHNICuLuv2Hate Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

She answered the bell, nobody forced her off that stool.

MD20 and Swarthy like this.
  16. theantso

theantso Blue Belt

She was a big mess. Then told to go back out there. Yes if she won they´might had been praised and she´d thanked them and all that shit. But nearly always it´d end badly. She was busted up badly, and then had to get finished where ahd saw blood pouring from her own nose, the entire floor getting flooded with her blood. That was just unnessasary damage and she was clearly out of it mentally. They should had called it there. She looked desperate, like all fighting spirit had left her, and it felt like she really seeked helped to the people she could. Her corner. When turning around. I thin kshe went out there not to let them down, to say okay then...but she needed help. She was done and broken. Such a bad corner to not take care of her and stop it.

Miesha tate of course made some stupid comments about her leaving with "dignity" like an idiot...As if dignity has any say in it..ye getting beaten some more really is the warrior style just bleed right?

So stupid. Penningtong ended Tat´s career, perhaps she just wanted to see her get hammered a bit for that...perhaps not, but what a stupid comment from her about leaving it in the cage when she cleary was done...

julmma likes this.
  17. drazco

drazco Orange Belt

My man faber got enough ass on his chin he can twerk it hehe .Anyway i think fighters themselves should tell ref they are done and not look at corner to do it for them.Especially if your corner is so retarded not to see dat u lost all the previous rounds and already took a beating.Everything is caught by cameras these days and in my opinion its even worse to look for way out by lookin at your trainers or tellin them to do it for u.If the corner truly knew their fighter n wat was happening, they would have stoped the fight themselves without Raquel P tellin them shes done.Last thing u want is to listen someone tellin u to keep fighting when u know u got nothing left n u done.Shitty situation to be in,happens alot unfortunately

18. HaulParris

HaulParris Silver Belt

I hope Pennington makes a full recovery, and seriously considers switching camps.

19. HaikenEdge

HaikenEdge Rationality will win the day.

Fucking how, though? You've seen her fight history, right? She doesn't finish top-level fighters, she decisions them.

Let's examine the reality of the situation instead of living in non-existent theory-land.

20. hedidhisownstunts

hedidhisownstunts ThE oNe TrUe AnALyZeR

Verbal tap. Fuck that coach.