Video of Raquel Pennington's corner after RD 4

A lot of "we" and "us" in that video from the coach.

I didn't realize that he was taking those punches as well

Less posting, more reading. Welcome kiddo.

I make less than 4.5 posts per day. You're just trolling/obfuscating because you can't refute my logical argument. And somebody else already replied to you with something similar. Nobody would criticize her corner for listening to their fighter when she said she was done. It was a stupid fucking argument on your part.

Pathetic.. maybe women should move back to 3 rounds max at this rate

Corner did the right thing.. This is probably her last shot at the title.. go and at least fucking try or go out on your shield.. I have seen fighters.. even women fighters take WAY more punishment and abuse and not quit.. maybe she should go find another job

It's another male coach with a higher-pitched voice. I'm listening with headphones and the volume turned up. He clearly says "You see everything she's throwing, you see that! You see everything!" The coach with the lower-pitched voice then says "Come on, girl. I know it hurts. I know it hurts. Let's power through this. Let's power through this, let's believe. Alright? Change your mindset, change your mindset. Let's just throw everything we've got. Throw everything we've got. Alright? We'll recover later, we'll recover later. Throw everything we've got. Okay?"

That's the exact sequence verbatim, trust me. I went over this very carefully with headphones at high volume and I stopped and started repeatedly to quote everything correctly.

Ill have to try that..i dont have any headphones at the moment but i could swear its her..that would change my opinion abit if true..

She has the final say
Just tell the ref you're done and it would have been stopped

Her corner weren't really looking out for her but grown ups make their own decisions, from deciding if you want to continue fighting to deciding who is in your corner.

Ill have to try that..i dont have any headphones at the moment but i could swear its her..that would change my opinion abit if true..
I can confirm that's what was said. I stopped and started and typed everything verbatim as it was said. But if anyone else with headphones wants to go over it and backup my claims, please do...

<36>
Lol are you speaking from experience?
Something tells me you're speaking from YouTube videos.

We're not talking about a street fight here. We're talking professional fighters. You are most definitely thinking about embarrassing yourself, your team, and family.
As another poster just mentioned, this isn't the movies. The coach/fighter relationship is not at all always this father/son shit you see in the movies. There are terrible coaches, there are coaches that just milk fighters for money, unqualified coaches, just bleed warrior coached, etc.
When a fighter says multiple times they are done, they are done . I don't need to know anything about the relationship between the fighter and the coach to know that

You really think she thinking about her coaches rep and her own, or her family in that moment?.. Youve obvious never fought before..or dont train your not thinking about fame, rep, or even what tomorrows going to be like when your fighting..its completely a here and now type situation all that matters is the few seconds infront of you..u cant be thinking about your twitter followers while fighting lmao..

I agree there are some shit coaches out there.. Im just not convinced i see any here

Yeah. They saw how she stacked up against the champ. She didn't have enough for her. Take that lesson, as coaches, and help your fighter improve. They didn't even give any technical advice, and she just went and got her blood spilled.
Poor corner work.

Yeah, this is really the worst part.
They sent her back out to battle with no sword or shield.
"Believe!" Is not a game plan. "Cnange your mindset!" Is not a game plan. She was getting er ass beat, and unless they saw specific things that she could have done to win the fight then it wa pointless to let it continue

Kinda torn on this. It seems like they were doing what most coaches do and trying to pump her up. They didn't have malicious intentions.

Some coaches think there psychologists and motivational speakers.

Last edited:
I can confirm that's what was said. I stopped and started and typed everything verbatim as it was said. But if anyone else with headphones wants to go over it and backup my claims, please do...

You intrigued me enough to go find some lol..it seems you are correct.. Interesting, she doesnt protest again after they speak but she also says nothing at all...so the corner did push her on more then i thought.. Hmm.. I mean either way the result is the same she lost..and her nose was already broken..but good catch my friend..they had the option to listien and persuaded her instead.. Let see the fallout of this over the next few days

oAK4vTL.png
Funniest shit I've ever seen.

That being said I can't hate on her corner. One of the biggest aspects of coaching is being able to push athletes to their limit. It's a blurry line.

The world is gray, Jack!!
4052-3537.jpg

Kinda torn It seems like they were doing what most coaches do and trying to pump her up. They didn't have malicious intentions.

Some coaches think there psychologists and motivational speakers.
I honestly sense that they care for her and thought they were looking out for her. You can disagree with their decision, but yeah it wasn't malicious, and they weren't yelling at her and trying to make her feel bad for not having the guts to go out there or some crap like that.

Did anyone really pay 60$ for that pos ppv headlined by those two turds? Lol

You really think she thinking about her coaches rep and her own, or her family in that moment?.. Youve obvious never fought before..or dont train your not thinking about fame, rep, or even what tomorrows going to be like when your fighting..its completely a here and now type situation all that matters is the few seconds infront of you..u cant be thinking about your twitter followers while fighting lmao..

I agree there are some shit coaches out there.. Im just not convinced i see any here
<YeahOKJen>
Ok bud.

People have different motivations when fighting. You have no clue as to what you're talking about if you're trying to tell me that people don't think about things like family, friends, coaches, and pride during a fight, especially when they're trying to push through while being tired. Thinking of those things help you to push on. I have, tons of other fighters do as well.
Not everyone goes into some sort of bloodlust survival trance

Pathetic.. maybe women should move back to 3 rounds max at this rate

Corner did the right thing.. This is probably her last shot at the title.. go and at least fucking try or go out on your shield.. I have seen fighters.. even women fighters take WAY more punishment and abuse and not quit.. maybe she should go find another job
<1>
How many other women hit as hard as Amanda, keyboard sensei?

this is the end result when you award a journeyman/woman punching bag a title fight in a pointless division .thankfully I didn't watch this joke of a spectacle

<DisgustingHHH>

I honestly sense that they care for her and thought they were looking out for her. You can disagree with their decision, but yeah it wasn't malicious, and they weren't yelling at her and trying to make her feel bad for not having the guts to go out there or some crap like that.
Yea and to add to that, the relationship between a fighter and coach is quite nuanced. They know each other better than Anik or Helwani ever would. There showing belief in her. However I haven't seen the fight though so I might change my mind if I see she was getting molly wopped for 4 rounds.

Yea and to add to that, the relationship between a fighter and coach is quite nuanced. They know each other better than Anik or Helwani ever would. There showing belief in her. However I haven't seen the fight though so I might change my mind if I see she was getting molly wopped for 4 rounds.
She was getting worked, for sure. Her nose was busted, forehead was busted. Mentally draining too because she was fighting a friend after a long layoff for the title. She knew she had no shot to win and was looking at reconstructive surgery. She came out for the 5th round and fought valiantly, but her nose/forehead just got busted even worse, it was kinda pointless. But this is part of the life of the fighter.

"I wanna be done"

Maybe go back to making sandwiches and taking naked selfies and leave cage fighting to men
Fuck off billy bad ass. She is in the cage. You are on an Internet forum shoveling Cheetos into your mouth.

Back