[VIDEO] Questioned asked to Bas: "Can prime Bas Rutten beaten prime Fedor ?"

Tank Abbot's hair in the related video is hilarious

He said exactly what he should say. A fighter has to believe in himself. I think fedor would have won, but I would have been disappointed in bas if he had said "probably not"

Prime Bas got beat by Frank Shamrock and traded victories with Ken Shamrock.

Prime Fedor would have viciously gnp him.

Prime Bas was a beast. He could probably beat anyone on a good day.

I'd pick Fedor though.

Prime Bas got beat by Frank Shamrock and traded victories with Ken Shamrock.

Wrong, Ken beat him twice.

As for Bas beating Fedor,no way.. the only fighter from Bas's era that would have a shot at Fedor is a prime Ken Shamrock (1996)

Wrong, Ken beat him twice.

As for Bas beating Fedor,no way.. the only fighter from Bas's era that would have a shot at Fedor is a prime Ken Shamrock (1996)

Anyone has a shot to beat anyone. The guy in my av (and your username) practically knocked Fedor out. If he had a little more fight IQ he might have been able to capitalize on making him do the fish dance better than he did.

Anyone has a shot to beat anyone. The guy in my av (and your username) practically knocked Fedor out. If he had a little more fight IQ he might have been able to capitalize on making him do the fish dance better than he did.

I was pretty shocked at how an accomplished greco wrestler like Fujita is couldn't get away from the clinch when he had him hurt, just shows how good Fedor was.

I agree with Bas 100%.

Every fighter worth his salt has to believe he can beat anyone. Even when no one else believes it, he has to believe it. Self-confidence to the point of self-delusion is a common trait in elite athletes.

Ronda's "I can beat Cain" claim is a perfect example of this. I don't have a doubt in my mind that she truly believes that. You, me, Edmond, Judo Gene, her mom and everyone else knows she's got no chance, but she doesn't. She really believes it. That is the mindset that a great athlete needs to have. They have to truly believe there is nothing they cannot accomplish.

Unfortunately not. Ken beat him both times they fought.

Not only beat him, but destroyed him. If it weren't for Pancrase's silly pro-wrestling rope escape rule, Ken would have submitted nearly him a half-dozen times in those two fights.

Prime Fedor would roll up Bas into a pretzel and GnP him to a bloody stoppage.

jbwcq8HNPABs2g.jpg

yeah screw Bas for believing in himself!

I don't think it has to do with fight IQ, that was a hail mary, and he realized he hurt Fedor too late. As far as I remember he was getting his ass kicked, and he threw that punch looking to the floor.

I'm gonna say Bas would win!

...not because I think so, just because no one has said it yet :p

Bas has nothing for prime Fedor in the clinch or on the ground. Literally nothing.

Fedor woudl absolutely batter him.

Back