[Video] The BJJ Bitch Slap

A

ASEGSEA

Not sure if this was already posted, apologies if it was. Saw this on Shoyoroll's Facebook. An accidental knee to face gets a crazy reaction.

Saw on the comments that the Barra guy has actually done this on occasion, which changes my opinion on it being poor sportsmanship.

Yup, been posted. Was a big shit show iirc.

guy needs to grow up, I've been kneed in the face several times on accident and not once did I ever think of bitch slapping my sparring partner in the face

I knee knee slap a guy to the face. Total accident and not BS.

He responds emotiionally by slapping me in the face

I respond emotionally with a hammerfist elbow.

In the end no one is happy b/c a guy who can't allow for a minor accident just got his ass kicked.

Horrible sportsmanship from the guy in blue, and horrible grip breaking tech from guy in white.

one time i kneed a japanese guy in the face at the chicago open.

That knee was done with poor form - didn't get the thai clinch or lean back - weak

I don't think I would have slapped the guy, but I definitely would have been confused if I got kneed like that. It didn't resemble any proper grip break/strip using the knee, just a really awkward MT knee. My first thought would probably have been that the guy was falling back on habits from MMA sparring.

I don't think I would have slapped the guy, but I definitely would have been confused if I got kneed like that. It didn't resemble any proper grip break/strip using the knee, just a really awkward MT knee. My first thought would probably have been that the guy was falling back on habits from MMA sparring.

Thats what it looks like to me, intentional mt knee straight up first and after it meets the face he moves it out to break the grip.
But I'm also only seeing one angle.

The last view is pretty bad, looks like a straight knee to the face, that and the guy actually reacts like he deserves the slap.

Horrible sportsmanship from the guy in blue, and horrible grip breaking tech from guy in white.

Exactly. That's really all it boils down to. Its obviously not a purposeful knee, and though I can't say I'd be happy about it either, I've caught some accidental knees and elbows doing BJJ, and I've never reacted violently.

In my neck of the woods we settle accidental knees in bjj with some cole slaw, followed by wild sex parties and blow.

This formula never fails, and I recommend it to everyone who is blue belt or above.

I would be ashamed of my self after...but I don't think I would of had enough control to not react if he slapped me in the face. The composure of the other guy was commendable. That is ridiculous he slapped him.

you can't slap somebody because they have poor technique....

in the end the slapper was wrong.

Eh, I saw the video and it sucks that he slapped the guy, but then I see people posting that they would have a hard time not retaliating if slapped. I think that's probably what happened here. Just an emotional response to being hurt. I could be wrong, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to think he apologized after, but who knows...

That was a purely an accidental knee by the youngster in white. Horrible time for a grip break, but still not with malcontent. If you don't like contact like that then do not participate in jiujitsu. The guy in white should have proceeded to return with a solid punch. What a jerk.

Back