Video: The Darkside of Los Angeles, CA

I guess his world travels don't include Gary, IN or St. Louis.

They all think whatever fairy tale world there're from is bad, then they're in Hyde Park pissing their pants. Midwest is the real hellhole.

Micheal Rappaport driving to LA during Covid showing all the grimey areas of LA, he is spot on I have to deliver to business in this area for my job, and also Hollywood is grimey, I feel sad for Tourists who think Hollywood and the walk of fame is awesome then they go there and get harassed by unsavory drug addicts, pimps, gang bangers, homeless etc.

Hah. I lived on skid row for a couple months in 2018. I had places I could have gone I just wanted to hang out with homeless people and shoot meth and heroin all day. Knew basic electrical work so I taught them how to splice into external electrical receptacles so they could charge their phones. I was like a fucking king to those people.

I have a buddy who travels all over the world and he told me that LA is the only place he's ever felt unsafe in his car. Which was kinda funny to me.

I travel all over the world and the only time a mother fugger came at me was in Buenos Aires. Dude obv had mental issues but he came around a corner late at night as I was walking back to my hotel and did like a lhk at me. I kinda dodged and was like what the fuck brah we got a prob? And he was all like I need money nibba. And I was like sheeit me too, then I told him to fuck off. Thought we were gonna scrap, but nah. I’ve never told anyone this story tho, lol. In all the shitholes I been, that’s the only time I was ready to swing.

Micheal Rappaport driving to LA during Covid showing all the grimey areas of LA, he is spot on I have to deliver to business in this area for my job, and also Hollywood is grimey, I feel sad for Tourists who think Hollywood and the walk of fame is awesome then they go there and get harassed by unsavory drug addicts, pimps, gang bangers, homeless etc.

LMAO

Quality bump, @TidWell

Maggots, Rodents, and Fleas: LA's Garbage Problem Is Getting Worse During the Pandemic | NBCLA

Homeless People Are Without Toilets and Going in the Streets. We Asked the Mayor of LA Why | NBCLA

Tons of Garbage Pose Health Hazard in Fashion District | NBCLA

they have some good restaurants and nightclubs in dtla, you just have to wade through crowds of homeless to get there. it’s fun to visit once or twice per year.

LA isnt too bad. Of course I didn’t walk through skid row, but to be honest it’s just really the crazy homeless you have to steer clear of. Places I’ve felt really uncomfortable in were probably downtown Philadelphia and Chicago.

You couldn't pay me a million bucks a year to be a cop/paramedic or other job there. Can't help people that dont wanna help themselves.

Why dont they pay the homeless to pick up the trash. Several cities have programs in place that pay up to 15 dollars a hr for homeless to pick up trash.

Would you trust the homeless to do the work though? I wouldnt lol

I work in LA late at night sometimes and some streets are completely covered in trash in big piles around tents and these homeless guys do this strange, jerky dancing to an old boombox blasting 90s rap while a huge fire blazes out of a barrel. Lots of mentally ill people walking around talking to themselves. There's a strong, palpable energy floating around when I'm there. I'm unsure how to explain it but it's a strong feeling of life and uncertainty in the air. I think some parts of LA are cool and interesting with unique buildings and street art and then you turn the corner and it looks 3rd world.

Damn, sound like that portion of LA never left the 90s.

Back