[Video] UFC Veteran Anton Kuivanen 1st RD KO's Oriol Gaset With a Knee To The Body

HerpDerp

ambitiously unambitious
@Black
Reaction score
The Finnish UFC veteran and MMA prospect Anton Kuivanen has been on a tear since being on the recieving end of an upset KO. He's faced two very crafty and well known European veterans back to back and knocked both of them out in the first round.

Here's the KO of Diego Gonzalez:

hwm6qxJzv.gif

The KO of Oriol Gaset from last night came via a nasty knee to the solarplexus that instantly took Gaset out of the game. Check out the short fight clip from below.

The fight starts after 2.20 ->

Last edited:
Shame Kuivanen got KTFO by Eric Reynolds, otherwise UFC would probably be calling again already. Regardless, nice stoppage.

Shame Kuivanen got KTFO by Eric Reynolds, otherwise UFC would probably be calling again already. Regardless, nice stoppage.

Personally, I think getting KO'd like that did wonders for Kuivanen.

Anton has stated that getting humbled like that made him consider leaving the sport altogether. He didn't get depressed by his thoughts though, and instead, decided to mentally reinvent himself as a fighter and "start having fun again". According to him, he's never had as big of a fire to train, to improve, and to succeed as he does right now.

Shameless bump for Kuivanen. :icon_twis

Here's the gif of his KO of Diego Gonzalez:

hwm6qxJzv.gif

I hope Cage sets up a rematch between Reynolds and Kuivanen soon. It's been great to see Anton get two KO wins in a row especially since I think he still is in a way the face of Finnish MMA (at least in Finland).

I hope Cage sets up a rematch between Reynolds and Kuivanen soon. It's been great to see Anton get two KO wins in a row especially since I think he still is in a way the face of Finnish MMA (at least in Finland).

Well that would be perfect. Imagine: first, Anton heavily underperforms in his UFC fights, gets cut, get knocked out by Reynolds and is at an all-time low. He then reinvents himself mentally and rebounds with two 1st RD KO victories and a revenge victory over Reynolds, putting him close to another UFC contract again. Can a storyline get any better?

Back