Videos of Roger rolling High level guys?

Ryo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Ive always been a big fan of Roger and his game. Ive watched countless videos of him rolling and demonstrating techniques. However, im wodering, why dont we see videos of him rolling with other high level grapplers? Marcelo Garcia, Braulio Estima, Bernardo Faria etc these guys rolls with everybody across the globe. However, i never see Roger roll with anybody other than Gracie Barra or his family. Is this just a old school team/family thing? Is it a Gracie thing? Just more introverted? I would love it if Roger invited all different kinds of grapplers to his school like Marcelo.

Dunno, maybe because you are too cheap to subscribe to his website?

im wodering, why dont we see videos of him rolling with other high level grapplers?...i never see Roger roll with anybody other than Gracie Barra or his family.

NULJL-.gif

Dunno, maybe because you are too cheap to subscribe to his website?

Hmm.... I mentioned seeing videos of him rolling with his teamates like Braulio.... Uh did u not read that part genius?

He also rolled with Lovato Jr. on his site (I think some part of it can be found on vimeo or dailymotion, can't remember which one) but you are right, all the other high level guys he rolled with are already Gracie Barra (Agazarm, Lagarto, Braulio). He honestly doesn't strike to me as an introverted or policy guy, I think he probably just don't particularly care. I remember at his seminar I went to years ago, that he rolled with all the black belts in the class.. granted there were no world class guys, but I'm sure given the occasion he'd roll with everybody.

Personally I'd love to see him roll with Rafa.

Ive always been a big fan of Roger and his game. Ive watched countless videos of him rolling and demonstrating techniques. However, im wodering, why dont we see videos of him rolling with other high level grapplers? Marcelo Garcia, Braulio Estima, Bernardo Faria etc these guys rolls with everybody across the globe. However, i never see Roger roll with anybody other than Gracie Barra or his family. Is this just a old school team/family thing? Is it a Gracie thing? Just more introverted? I would love it if Roger invited all different kinds of grapplers to his school like Marcelo.

He justs submits them in tournaments

He justs submits them in tournaments

Indeed. But hes retired now so we dont get to see that often. Id just like to see more of him and in terms of his game with guys today. How wild would it be to see him and Marcelo rolling together? Or any of the main guys currently. That would be awesome. I mean even though Marcelo has been retired for some time now, it doesnt really feel like hes gone because there are so many videos of him training with tons of people.

Marcelo has his gym in New York, seems like it's a lot more convenient for US base high level guys to drop by.

Doesn't roger living in the UK also make it difficult for high level guys from the US and Brazil to roll with him since he lives far away?

Here, Reid was going easy on Roger...

Nah I’d rather watch those videos Rener posts of himself rolling with purples and such

A big thing is that the guy lives in the United Kingdom.

He has a family and as far as I know doesn't love to travel a lot to do seminars.

If he were in SoCal or NYC regularly I'm sure you'd see more of him rolling with a wider variety of guys.

Also a lot of rolls happen that we don't see. John Danaher just posted pics of Roger and Romulo Barral rolling. There are so many training sessions that happen between guys that we'd all love to see that we don't even see and some that we don't even know about. Thanks to social media there are more pics or little snippets of high level guys training together, but there's still a lot that happens behind closed doors that the regular person just doesn't have access to.

Back