Vinegar (or Lemon Juice) PWO for Superior Recovery & Fat Loss

I just tries 1/4 cup of ACV, and boy was it horrible! I didn't have much food in my stomach which made matters even worse, and my insides were shakey for 30 minutes. On top of all that, my eyes got foggy after about 15 min. I will continue trying this for a week or so.

why would you do that? dilute it with water, and take half that postworkout and half before you go to bed, or twice with meals, or something like that

Ya i tried some again, diluted this time, and with some splenda and it's not as horrible.

Dilute it with a salad, veggies, tuna or something. Drinking vinegar water is just silly.

we need some recipes from fellow Sherdog-ers who have been trying this for a while.

Dilute it with a salad, veggies, tuna or something. Drinking vinegar water is just silly.

Not so much. I've been drinking around 3 pint glasses of ACV sparkling water every day for months now, as do several others who I've turned on to the stuff. Honestly I don't care so much about the supposed health benefits, I just love the taste. I consider it my replacement for soft drinks of all kinds.

I just tries 1/4 cup of ACV, and boy was it horrible! I didn't have much food in my stomach which made matters even worse, and my insides were shakey for 30 minutes. On top of all that, my eyes got foggy after about 15 min. I will continue trying this for a week or so.

1/4 cup? wtf is wrong with you. it should be 2 tablespoons.

1/4 cup is 4 tablespoons... which is about how much i take per day.. a shot after workouts, a shot before bed

also, why is drinking ACV with water silly? It tastes pretty good and I have little doubt about the health benefits.

Yeah the 1/4 cup i was looking at, is no 4 tablespoons hahahahah So it should be 2 tbsp every serving? that should make the task better i suppose. The taste is horrible, so it better have some benefits. I dont know how you guys like this taste, it's straight up crucifiction shit, literally. I remember when i was a young hardcore christian, i used to dring some vinegar after fasting midnight to 6 PM, on Good Friday, and that was a traumatizing experience hahahaha

They're still continuing to research this, but it's still a mystery to them how it actually works.

2010 Studies:

Examination of the Antiglycemic Properties of Vinegar in Healthy Adults

Vinegar Decreases Postprandial Hyperglycemia in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes ? Diabetes Care

It seems to be related to carbohydrates, and it doesn't matter if you have diabetes or not. They theorize that it may be causing the body to shuttle the carbohydrates into glycogen stores. It reduces glycemia by ~20% which is significant.

They're still continuing to research this, but it's still a mystery to them how it actually works.

2010 Studies:

Vinegar Decreases Postprandial Hyperglycemia in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes ? Diabetes Care

It seems to be related to carbohydrates, and it doesn't matter if you have diabetes or not. They theorize that it may be causing the body to shuttle the carbohydrates into glycogen stores. It reduces glycemia by ~20% which is significant.

Nice work Bulletproof.

my wife was disgusted with me for drinking it, so she bought me some cherry viniger. it actually tastes good (but still strong)

Besides the heavy salt content is there anything else wrong with just drinking pickle juice.

2010 Studies:

Nice finds and update, thanks.

just a side note I just noticed but Komboucha (I am specifically looking at the Honest tea brand's Live raw organic one) has Acetic, lactic, gluconic, and glucuronic acid as well as probiotics, don't know if any of those other acids have research in them like the acetic from vinegar does but it tastes slightly better and is a 1-2 punch with the probiotics (the bacterias in this komboucha are ones I've never seen before so looking them up at the moment as I'm most familiar with the dairy/yogurt/kefir ones).

Also since its live (like raw AVC with the "mother") you can literally add more tea/sugar/flavor and it keeps growing/going. Could be another alternative if you hate the tastes of straight vinegar.

2-3$ for one bottle, than basically roll your own Gatorade/+ vinegar for as long as you want.

hate to bring up this old thread but how do u guys down the vinegar without hurting you esophogus?

Back