Vitor Came Closer To Beating Jones Than DC Ever Did

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
When Vitor Belofrt fought Jon Jones he came closer to defeating Jones than Cormier ever did. For those who didn;t see the fight, Belfort was on his back and Jones was standing, but Vitor had an armbar on Jones that you could clearly see had Jones in an awful lot of pain. It was the type of armbar that could have broken Jones's arm had Jones not escaped from it. Apparently Vitor didn't have the armbar locked on securely enough because if it had been, Jomes would not have been able to get out of it. Jones seemed to be on the verge of tapping and I don't recall anybody ever having Jones so close to tapping. I would have loved to have seen Vitor win!

Last edited:
When Vitor Belofrt fought Jon Jons he came closer to defeating Jones than Cormier ever did. For those who didn;t see the fight, Belfort was on his back and Jones was standing, but Vitor had an armbar on Jones that you could clearly see had Jones in an awful lot of pain. It was the type of armbar that could have broken Jones's arm had Jones not escaped from it. Apparently Vitor didn't have the armbar locked on securely enough because if it had been, Jomes would not have been able to get out of it. Jones seemed to be on the verge of tapping and I don't recall anybody ever having Jones so close to tapping. I would have loved to have seen Vitor win!

Roid on Roid crime!

images

Yeah, maybe... DC would maul Vitor though.

The only way to beat ROIDS is by using more ROIDS.

<Goldie11>

Jones came alone at the right time.

Lyoto, Rua, and Page were all shot from wars and injuries fighting each other.

The young guns did great against him

He beat 40 year old DC twice but got caught cheating

Somehow he dodged Hendo. Which i honestly would have loved to see

Jones can GTFO of any goat talk. Hes just big

Such as ... Gus? No one else but Gus did "great" against Jones.

Does it matter?

They both lost to Jones. Vitor couldn't win a round and then got finished. He had one moment when Jones got a bit careless. Whereas DC has actually won a round or two. DC was more impressive and competitive.

Cool, but an armbar like that it's a trick you could use one time, he surprised Jones, that's not going to happen again.
For the rest of the fight Jones was whopping Vitor ass.

Cormier was competitive with Jones both fights.

Almost winning still means losing in my book, so who really cares who was closer?

Yes and weidman was winning against rockhold, Yoel and Mousasi righhht??

Gus and osp both did just fine.

Everyone else he fought he was 10 years younger than

OSP lost 50-45. If that's doing "great", well, I guess we have different definitions of that term.

Yeah TRTor was vicious. I think Jones might be the only person with a win over him lol It was also a major turning point for jones who got into it with dana white about why vitor was blatantly allowed to cheat, failed a test pre-fight and still was able to fight. Imo it might have been the start of roid jones but who knows, coulda been a long time thing.

Really I just think Jones proved to be a terrible matchup for Cormier, had the wrestling to nullify DC's, had the reach and kicks to exploit his own lack of reach/speed and had the chin to take the odd good shot.

Theres really not been anyone with a decent sub threat near the top of LHW for a very long time, would have been interesting to see Jones vs a prime Lil Nog for example.

That was amazing. Vitor permanently injured Jones arm btw.
He has massive respect for him for that (posted it on his Instagram the other month) and almost beating him

He beat 40 year old DC twice but got caught cheating

Somehow he dodged Hendo. Which i honestly would have loved to see

Jones can GTFO of any goat talk. Hes just big

Lmfao yea grandpa hendo was the guy to beat jones... smh some people are fucking retarded.
Also jones didnt dodge him hendo got his knee mangled by sokoudjou in sparring. Also Bones would have fucking destroyed any version of TRT hendo, and I say that as a huge hendo fan.

Back