Vitor Came Closer To Beating Jones Than DC Ever Did

Vitor-Belfort-Armbars-Jon-Jones-UFC-152.gif
What Vitor needed to do was use his hips in a forward motion to hump the arm to get more leverage. In BJJ when I have a arm bar if I want it deep. I hope the arm with a nice pelvic thrust and they tap immediately. Vitor was too concerned with his upper body trying to torque the arm. He needed to use his hips to hump the arm and that elbow would pop out hyper extending it.

Ya I guess it’s fun to look at how a minor adjustment could have changed everything. I like to point out chael vs jones, had chael hung in there a little longer Jon would have lost due to his broken toe, they would have called the fight.

Jones came alone at the right time.

Lyoto, Rua, and Page were all shot from wars and injuries fighting each other.

The young guns did great against him

He beat 40 year old DC twice but got caught cheating

Somehow he dodged Hendo. Which i honestly would have loved to see

Jones can GTFO of any goat talk. Hes just big
Jones didn't "dodge" Hendo. If I remember correctly it was Hendo who pulled out of his scheduled fight with Jones, who just happened to have his buddy Chael ready to step in for him.

Cool, but an armbar like that it's a trick you could use one time, he surprised Jones, that's not going to happen again.
For the rest of the fight Jones was whopping Vitor ass.

Cormier was competitive with Jones both fights.

why does it matter that the armbar would only work once? you only need it to work once to win. once you become the only person to beat Jon Jones legitimately it doesn't really matter if it was a one hit wonder, you still beat Jon Jones fair and square.

When Vitor Belofrt fought Jon Jones he came closer to defeating Jones than Cormier ever did. For those who didn;t see the fight, Belfort was on his back and Jones was standing, but Vitor had an armbar on Jones that you could clearly see had Jones in an awful lot of pain. It was the type of armbar that could have broken Jones's arm had Jones not escaped from it. Apparently Vitor didn't have the armbar locked on securely enough because if it had been, Jomes would not have been able to get out of it. Jones seemed to be on the verge of tapping and I don't recall anybody ever having Jones so close to tapping. I would have loved to have seen Vitor win!
Only a juicer can beat a juicer lol

Machida, Rua and Page were shot but you wanted to see him fight Hendo? Fill the fight would've garnered hype, he would've been finished inside There are tons of 'young guns' in the division. They just aren't good enough.

DC was just calling out Shogun and he would've probably fought him if Shogun had won.

Whats with Sherdogs and shitting on history?

Just found out today Shogun was always a bum and that Jones has a fetish with beating old people.

What Vitor needed to do was use his hips in a forward motion to hump the arm to get more leverage. In BJJ when I have a arm bar if I want it deep. I hope the arm with a nice pelvic thrust and they tap immediately. Vitor was too concerned with his upper body trying to torque the arm. He needed to use his hips to hump the arm and that elbow would pop out hyper extending it.

Jones used the cage to twist out, pushed Vitors body against the cage.

When Vitor Belofrt fought Jon Jones he came closer to defeating Jones than Cormier ever did. For those who didn;t see the fight, Belfort was on his back and Jones was standing, but Vitor had an armbar on Jones that you could clearly see had Jones in an awful lot of pain. It was the type of armbar that could have broken Jones's arm had Jones not escaped from it. Apparently Vitor didn't have the armbar locked on securely enough because if it had been, Jomes would not have been able to get out of it. Jones seemed to be on the verge of tapping and I don't recall anybody ever having Jones so close to tapping. I would have loved to have seen Vitor win!
So heartbreaking as that armbar slipped off

Such as ... Gus? No one else but Gus did "great" against Jones.
Yep cause that's how shallow lhw is/was. Not to mention DC wrecked anybody else before they could even get to Jones. Also Jones being tied up do to legal troubles and positive tests sure didn't help his legacy. Maybe if he actually stepped up to HW to fight people his size he would be regarded better. The one fight he fought someone his size (Gus) he got pieced up and barley scraped a win, which he got hospitalized for.

Every sentence you typed is false lol.

Hendo???!? Hahahahahahahahahahahahababababababahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahahajahdhshshd

I was there live for the fight in the 3rd row via Scotia box.

Other than the armbar (which was deep) Jones beat the shit out of Vitor

The stoppage was a mercy

He beat Hendo in an exhibition charity match 6 years after they were gonna fight.

6 years is a long fuckin time when we are talkin 40 to 46
You mean a pro superfight at a grappling event?

Go watch that farside duck again. Your argument works against you, anyhow. If Jones worked him that effortlessly in an exhibition, what could he have done at full intensity? Not only that, but adding strikes back into the mix simply favors Jones.

Such as ... Gus? No one else but Gus did "great" against Jones.
but to be fair, except osp and gus, he didnt fight anyone who was young and a real lhw

most of the guy jones foguht dropped down to mw and still got outsized there by weidman, luke and romero

Back