Volkan Oezdemir OUT of Alexander Gustafsson Bout at UFC 227

Reschedule Gus to fight for an interim title at UFC 228 in Dallas. That card needs a main event. vs Volkan, Romero, Rockhold, Latifi, even Reyes, or whoever they can get.
If Cormier's hand isn't injured, I think they should try to get him to do a quick turnaround and just get that LHW defense he wants to do out of the way for the September card. No interim titles please.

If Cormier's hand isn't injured, I think they should try to get him to do a quick turnaround and just get that LHW defense he wants to do out of the way for the September card. No interim titles please.
It'd be great if that were possible, but I just think it's too big an ask. DC wants time off, like you said there's his hand, and there's also the weight issue; how quickly can he lose enough weight to be capable of making the cut to 205 again? If the fight's even possible, I think the UFC would have to break the bank to make it worthwhile for DC. And I don't think they'd be willing to do that; it isn't like DC/Gus II is some huge draw of a fight for the casuals; it'd probably not break 250k buys.

It'd be cheaper for them to get Gus a different opponent, and create an interim title to put a lil pressure on DC to return to fight sooner.

Gus so rarely fights and I was looking forward to this war only for the fight to be cancelled!

Mad bummer!

Fuck , what is OSP doing? He likes to step up
wouldnt mind seeing him Von flue Gus hah

Sucks, Gus probably backs out now and campaigns hard to be DC's final 205lb title defense. He'll probably get his wish, as I don't see Jones coming back anytime soon and Smith will probably TKO Shogun this weekend. IMO anyway.

Unless OSP steps up, I don't see Gus on the card now.

This all but guaranteed shogun win this weekend will = title shot at ufc230. gus beating volkan would have been a statement win now rockhold, yoel, Latifi all hurt, he's going to fight a middle guy who no one cares about IF he stays on the card which being gus wouldn't surprise me that he doesn't want to fight lower talent and sit back out.

It was expected. What fights actually happens? Not many

Partying could help your training. I heard Jon Jones defended his title after a weekend of cocaine.

Ous, if I was 20 again and not 50 I might consider, I loved living in Central America and partying when younger, JJ would have learned a lot :)

Why do they even announce fights before the weighin at this point.
Might as well announce it at the weighin. Or juat have somebody run in from the back like in Royal Rumble.
I think that running in from the back is the only solution for UFC. Just let any fighter in the divison run in from the backdoor when one of the origional ones are "injured" or some lame excuse.

Would love to see Gus vs Cormier 2 shame DC wants nothing to do with him

He'd need a couple extra towels to make weight in time.

Back