Volkan Oezdemir vs Shogun Rua Set for UFC Chile

Who Wins?

• Total voters
damn shogun has balls. this will really show us where he is at for the future. I hope we will see some up and coming chilean fighters. We don't really hear about them much.

Not really excited for this fight. It does intrigue me about who will be matched up in LHW to fill the blanks
Gus Vs Rockhold?
Latifi Vs Glover?
We know Cummins Vs Corey Anderson is coming up (snoozefest)
OSP or Manuwa will likely be fed to Tyson Pedro next.

Gotta say Volkan even though I'd like to see Shogun win

This is one fight I’m sure Shogun will win. You all are crazy to doubt he loses by ko. Volkans ko record isn’t that impressive. A smart shogun will tko/ko him. In the bag.

Shogun is fucked. He is going full lights out sleepy, like Rashad vs Chuck or Cung vs Franklin.

Damn Sherbros. This fight announcement has got me nervous for old Shogun

tenor.gif

But how awesome would it be if he pulls it off???

WAR SHOGUN!!!!

Toughest fight for Shogun on his current streak, but going for the title he's gonna have to take a tough fight eventually. Its not like he can keep fighting 11-15 ranked guys. Out of all the fighters ranked ahead of Shogun, Gus, Glover, Manuwa, Latifi, OSP and Volkan himself, this is among the most favorable match ups. Its either Manuwa or Volkan that is the easiest fight of all of them. And Volkan has shown to be more vulnerable on the ground than any of those guys.

Shogun has to keep his hands up, keep the chin tucked and avoid the power shots. He's gotta wear Volkan down and most important mix up the striking with grappling. Volkan does not have a strong gas and it is a 5 round fight. I think Shogun can take this. I feel Volkan has the power and accuracy to end this fight early, as does Shogun, I like Volkan early in two rounds, but as the fight goes on I favor Rua
Good analysis

Can't wait to see Volkan KO Shogun.

Shogun fans are delusional. Volkan is a definite step above old slow Shogun today.

I voted Shogun but realistically he gets KOd. I hope I'm wrong and i hope he picks Uzdemir apart before finishing him.

Oofff. Poor Shogun. He is going to get rekt. Shogun was struggling with Villante and has no wrestling to keep Oezdemir off. He would not even be a top 5 light heavyweight in BTor.

I still think Volkann is not that good.
I give Shogun a slight chance here and a huge chance if he winds up on top somehow
He is not as good as everyone thought, not this Tyson of LHW, but he is a stylistic nightmare for many fighters.......fighters such as Shogun. Shogun is getting at the point, after racking up a few wins, where he can not find any gimme wins and sub par fighters like Villante and Beastin' 25/8.

Voted with my heart, not my head.

Hope Shogun doesn't lose essential brain function.

Damn it Shogun, such a dangerous fight...got me like

giphy.gif

Back