voter ID laws are being used for voter suppression

How delusional do u have to be to compare a college ID to a driver's license? Most of the developing and developed world has national ids.

He lost, get over it!!
amirite?
It' the claims of pedophilia your ilk keep trying to attach to him. You guys just throw enough shit on someone until the well is good and poisoned agains him.

Many hardcore liberals don't realize that their view of Blacks is insulting in the belief that the "Bar" must be lowered so Blacks can do the things other races do every day. They keep expectations in check concerning blacks getting ID's, education, jobs, etc. It's sad and honestly, quite pathetic.

I agree, but @JosephDredd is making it sound like there are a whole bunch of other hoops that may or may not have to be jumped through, depending on the majority race/political leaning in a given area?

If it is just having an ID and registering to vote that is required, then I am still of the opinion that those complaining about it are full of shit.
If having to have an ID and registering to vote were really responsible for disenfranchising black/poor voters, South Africa would still have a white government, lol.

It' the claims of pedophilia your ilk keep trying to attach to him. You guys just throw enough shit on someone until the well is good and poisoned agains him.
hahaha the voters decided the accusations were true. That' exactly what Moore McConnell and Trump told us all.
"The voters of Alabama will decide"
Good luck with all that shit "You guys" threw at him!!@ lol

Come on Team Tiki Torch where are all the posts about how illegals voted and those votes are what won it for Jones?

You have to have an ID to access your health insurance, voter ID is over

hahaha the voters decided the accusations were true. That' exactly what Moore McConnell and Trump told us all.
"The voters of Alabama will decide"
Good luck with all that shit "You guys" threw at him!!@ lol
If the voters of Alabama don't want him representing them that's on them. You seem like you think this is some weird personal win for you.

If the voters of Alabama don't want him representing them that's on them. You seem like you think this is some weird personal win for you.
I'm glad a piece of shit didn't beat a qualified candidate in Jones. And, the Senate is closer to where it needs to be.

I agree, but @JosephDredd is making it sound like there are a whole bunch of other hoops that may or may not have to be jumped through, depending on the majority race/political leaning in a given area?

If it is just having an ID and registering to vote that is required, then I am still of the opinion that those complaining about it are full of shit.
If having to have an ID and registering to vote were really responsible for disenfranchising black/poor voters, South Africa would still have a white government, lol.

It seems pretty simple - electoral fraud (namely that illegal or ineligible immigrants vote when they should not be) is not in any way a demonstrably sufficient problem to justify any state, local or federal government implementing policies which could suppress citizens exercising their rights, espcially given that for decades these policies have been used to prevent minorities from voting and taking part in the democratic process to decide their representatives.

Given Americas history, I don't see why regressing towards a system which disenfranchised entire groups of historically marginalised groups. Where's the benefit?

YES. The Republican lawmakers are not implementing voter ID laws to prevent fraud, but to discourage democratic voters from voting. They're doing this through ridiculous obstacles and hoops that would shut you down even if you did have the correct ID. This is a pretty naked action that has been well documented. There is no excuse for anyone to not know what the voter ID law is putting people through when they try to vote. None of these ancillary obstacles are in any way necessary to prevent voter fraud.

You can't look at complaints about the voter ID law as complaints about requiring a specific piece of ID. You have to look at the fact that they accept the forms of ID that are most common amongst GOP voters and rare amongst Democratic voters; you have to look at when they're implementing these laws (immediately before elections); you have to look at which districts are getting ID offices and voting offices shut down; you have to look at the laws that allow people to challenge voters and effectively prevent them from voting, even if they are legitimate voters with the correct ID; you have to look at the districts that are being forced to endure lines that last 6-8 hours (or longer) to vote.

It's as obvious as their gerrymandering. And, as provided in the OP, they've very openly talked about using this strategy for voter suppression.

So you can't look at voter ID law opposition as opposing the one part of the voter ID laws that is somewhat reasonable for preventing voter fraud because you're overlooking ALL the bullshit that is implemented with it.

Same for firearms transfers. Let society pay for what it demands.
Can't charge people to vote, cuz it's their right.

"I'm pro second amendment but, you should have to jump theu all these hoops, pay insurance, transfer and license fees etc to exercise that right"

All of your sources are garbage. There is nothing wrong with asking for a photo ID to verify someone's identity. Otherwise, you could go in there and claim to be someone else (e.g., someone who died recently) and vote in their place. It's common sense.

jfc my sources are not garbage, they are solid, factual evidence, and no one is saying the problem is that they are asking for a piece of ID. Did you read any goddamn part of the OP? No, you wandered in here with your head up your ass and started typing the first ignorant, knee-jerk message that came to you.

I'm glad a piece of shit didn't beat a qualified candidate in Jones. And, the Senate is closer to where it needs to be.
Yeah, it' just sad that it took such a dishonest smear campaign to get it done.

It's like you don't understand that communication and problem-solving can be a process. If all you wanna do is skip ahead to your conclusion then no worries.

Why would you focus on the part that nobody in this thread is complaining about? That is literally the definition of refusing to examine the problem.

Thanks, glad you came to the discussion, don't let the door spank your ass on the way out.

Yeah, it' just sad that it took such a dishonest smear campaign to get it done.
Even the red pill poppers in Bama don' agree with you that it was a smear campaign. He lost get over it!

Even the red pill poppers in Bama don' agree with you that it was a smear campaign. He lost get over it!
You really are absolutely retarded aren't you. I'm happy he lost, he was a horrible candidate.

YES. The Republican lawmakers are not implementing voter ID laws to prevent fraud, but to discourage democratic voters from voting. They're doing this through ridiculous obstacles and hoops that would shut you down even if you did have the correct ID. This is a pretty naked action that has been well documented. There is no excuse for anyone to not know what the voter ID law is putting people through when they try to vote. None of these ancillary obstacles are in any way necessary to prevent voter fraud.

You can't look at complaints about the voter ID law as complaints about requiring a specific piece of ID. You have to look at the fact that they accept the forms of ID that are most common amongst GOP voters and rare amongst Democratic voters; you have to look at when they're implementing these laws (immediately before elections); you have to look at which districts are getting ID offices and voting offices shut down; you have to look at the laws that allow people to challenge voters and effectively prevent them from voting, even if they are legitimate voters with the correct ID; you have to look at the districts that are being forced to endure lines that last 6-8 hours (or longer) to vote.

It's as obvious as their gerrymandering. And, as provided in the OP, they've very openly talked about using this strategy for voter suppression.

So you can't look at voter ID law opposition as opposing the one part of the voter ID laws that is somewhat reasonable for preventing voter fraud because you're overlooking ALL the bullshit that is implemented with it.

You're probably the first person I've ever seen fully explain this side of the complaint without vague references to racists past.
Overall, my opinion remains the same, but you've helped to add some more context: requiring registration/identification to vote is not unreasonable. Using and twisting those requirements, especially at the last minute and without fair warning, in order to prevent "undesirable" citizens from voting, absolutely is unreasonable.

In Germany, you have to have a national ID when you are 16+ by law.
Its called obligation of identification law. If the cops ask you for identification, you have to produce it (also in real life it's not enforced that much).

So having an ID for voting is a none issue because everyone has the ID anyway.
Fun fact that's actually something the Nazis introduced.
Not sure how other European countries handle it.
Exactly the same here in the Netherlands.

Why would you focus on the part that nobody in this thread is complaining about? That is literally the definition of refusing to examine the problem.

I'll dumb it down for you since my last post didn't seem to cut it. Where I start a discussion isn't where I plan to end up. If you weren't too <insert whatever> to answer simple, direct questions we might have had a conversation. I call that communication. Seems to be you who can't address the issue in circumspect, based on how badly you need to contain your narrative to whatever boundary I'm crossing. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back