W/ patch 5 and lots of time to learn the game, what's your take on UFC 3? Has it changed?

notsojollyroger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In terms of reviews, the game is all over the place. Sites like IGN and Gamespot say it's the best EA UFC game yet as long as you have patience. User reviews, however, are pretty bad. Just look at metacritic:

upload_2018-4-30_10-39-21.png

Last edited:
this new patch has been great, now that having your strikes slipped doesn't freeze you in place and you can continue your combo's i've been having the smoothest fights of my fuckin life.

been waiting for a patch like this, game got like 3 x better.

this new patch has been great, now that having your strikes slipped doesn't freeze you in place and you can continue your combo's i've been having the smoothest fights of my fuckin life.

been waiting for a patch like this.
Just what I wanted to hear!

I have to get used to it, I've been getting KTFO a lot lately.

game is boring IMO ...ends up just being repetitive button smashing ..

In terms of reviews, the game is all over the place. Sits like IGN and Gamespot say it's the best EA UFC game yet as long as you have patience. User reviews, however, are pretty bad. Just look at metacritic:

View attachment 374985
I only play offline but found the game to be pretty good, especially post patch. Seems like most complaining play online and come across someone who whoops their ass because they "exploit" the game.

I absolutely despised it... After I kept trying and getting use to moving while striking, swaying and overall controls , it got a lot better. (I was use to THQ controls after playing for years)

I still dislike the ground game.. I've gotten better at it, but I hope they improve it and especially the submissions... Hate the submission game.

In the EA games you seem to have to press Soooo many buttons to throw strikes which gets confusing... Getting better at it though and much better than when I started.

I see a lot of exploits where people can just constsntly duck and counter or body head body head which I just can't counter haha. But I've had tons of great fights online.

But yeah, I haven't even put time into learning the game properly and haven't done career, but over time the game gets so much better. Trust me, I hated it so much.

I absolutely despised it... After I kept trying and getting use to moving while striking, swaying and overall controls , it got a lot better.

I still dislike the ground game.. I've gotten better at it, but I hope they improve it and especially the submissions... Hate the submission game.

In the EA games you seem to have to press Soooo many buttons to throw strikes which gets confusing... Getting better at it though and much better than when I started.

I see a lot of exploits where people can just constsntly duck and counter or body head body head which I just can't counter haha. But I've had tons of great fights online.

But yeah, I haven't even put time into learning the game properly and haven't done career, but over time the game gets so much better. Trust me, I hated it so much.

Thanks for your objective insight! The insane button combinations are one of the things that have turned me off from the game, but it sounds like you're liking it anyway.

Thanks for your objective insight! The insane button combinations are one of the things that have turned me off from the game, but it sounds like you're liking it anyway.

Glad to help!
Trust me, you'll Probs rage a lot at the start... But you'll start to understand it and like it. I've had so many techniqual fights where we've both had to take our time and actually think and wait for a counter.

I just need to learn more on the controls and try different fighters. Like, I forget how to throw a front kick etc, but in Thq I knew how to do any strike easily. They defknitely should reduce how many buttons to press.. If you're used to a fighter it's fine, or have a great memory for it.

I honestly like it and you should give it a try imo.
Martial Mind is a great YouTuber to follow. Try watch his vids.He plays so much and on ranked online and still refuses to go on the ground haha.

I'm just about done playing this game. I have about 1,000 online fights in. It is getting boring.

The game boils down to the "swaying pressure fighters" and the "transition denying controllers." Any other strategy I can wreck. The former can be beat by starting your combos with hooks instead of straight punches (hooks are waaay harder to slip), the latter are no fun to fight.

Mike Perry is available as a fighter now, and it's about damn time.

They still haven't nerfed uppercuts enough imo. If you throw a body punch or duck sway, you will get rocked with an uppercut 90% of the time.

It was fun, but I am over it.

The striking is what i always wanted in an mma video game.however, the buttons need to go. This neefs total strike control like ea mma. Just not fitting well. But i blame the fans for it cause when ea first got the license they were all over forums saying no analog striking which is fucking stupid.

Its a game you really need to learn and learn the combos and head movement in order to be successful

the patches keep coming and making the game better and better if you don't do ultimate team u dont have to spend any money either.

the patches keep coming and making the game better and better if you don't do ultimate team u dont have to spend any money either.
Now I really want the game. Now to decide on PS4 vs Xbox

Back