W40K Inquisitor Martyr alpha gameplay (VERY alpha)

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

ok so far from what im seeing this looks more promising then any of the W40k games ive seen so far. The sound effects(most of them minus a few of the bolter and autocannon sounds) are bad ass, the enemy's look very 40k(nurgle), the environments are good, some of the planned road map ideas sound bad ass, and there are sync kills an plenty gore. This is what warhammer should be, an damn RPG

From what little Ive seen and heard, this appears quite promising.

Seems like there are multiple Warhammer games every year. Are they actually good games?

Seems like there are multiple Warhammer games every year. Are they actually good games?

....well...no lol. In fact they've been total fucking failures because total war . This one is the only one that seems to hold promise.

The IP is under used and given to crappy developers

....well...no lol. In fact they've been total fucking failures because total war . This one is the only one that seems to hold promise.

uhh? space marine was dope. Dawn of War is dope. space hulk deathwing got some love

I'm not really a fan of the IP. I saw some video of some space marine thing and thought it looked cheap and basic. I guess you probably have to care about the universe for the games to appeal, because from scratch to someone like me, they don't

This is their path forward with this game.

uhh? space marine was dope. Dawn of War is dope. space hulk deathwing got some love

SM was not good.

DoW was.

Gothic was.

Space Hulk was.

There is some turn based game I can't remember that was awesome. Gate of Chaos or something.

Also a game based on a table top version of WH Quest except in space.

Last Liberation was fantastic.

The Sylverine games are good.

SM was not good.

DoW was.

Gothic was.

Space Hulk was.

There is some turn based game I can't remember that was awesome. Gate of Chaos or something.

Also a game based on a table top version of WH Quest except in space.

Take a look at the ratings for space Marine vs space hulk... Space Marine is considered the better game and got reviewed well

Space Marine was super fun, even the multiplayer was good. Space Hulk end up being decent only after multiple patches and a remake. DoW is great, Gothic is as well.

Which Space Hulk are you talking about? The Old Turn Based? The new Turn Based (Ascension)? Or the newest FPS Deathwing?
Space Hulk: Deathwing is fucking awesome.

Space Marine was fucking awesome too, at the time. The biggest downfall was the small player base, but the Multiplayer was a blast while it lasted. I loved the multiplayer actually. But I am a total Space Marine nerd & fanboy so whatever.

I really liked the way they integrated 3rd person, 1st person and instantaneous melee. It was very well done. I also loved the customization the Multiplayer offered. You could do almost anything to your armour.

They really designed a beautiful game there, but the player base, again, was just too small.

Further to that, the really stupid move they made based on greed, was to alienate the "casual-fans" playerbase from the hardcore 40K nerds by charging for the map pack DLC. The player base was so small, and then they released an expansion and very few people bought it. The number of people who bought it was so low that it was impossible to find a game. The DLC included four new maps.

I remember, I literally got to play two games; both on the same map. To this day I never even got to see the other three maps or what they looked like, because the game would never load. It would get stuck on a perpetual searching screen. It was a drag for the fans and a stupid move by the company. They should have included the DLC Maps for free, or put a solo mode in there where you could play against bots at least.

Now they had hardcore fans that paid money for a DLC that couldn't play any of the DLC content, and were forced to begrudgingly go back and play nothing but vanilla content, so they were pissed.

Space Marine was shit.

Deathwing was really cool, but seemingly unfinished. DoW2 was good, DoW3 looks like a bad SC2 clone though.

Space Marine was shit.

Deathwing was really cool, but seemingly unfinished. DoW2 was good, DoW3 looks like a bad SC2 clone though.

Well...the reviews and ratings for DW and SM disagree with you. I thought both were cool but SM was praised and DW was shit on.

Well...the reviews and ratings for DW and SM disagree with you. I thought both were cool but SM was praised and DW was shit on.

Where are these good reviews of Space Marine? It was a universal meh, because it was bland, straightforward, and had horrible framerate drops towards the end of the game that aren't hardware issues, but just built into the game itself.

They're both awesome. I don't need reviews to tell me that. If I read reviews, I wouldn't be enjoying any of the games that I love. The Video Game industry if chock-full of self-entitled crybabies that do nothing but whine and moan about amazing games from their Mom's basement.

Last edited:
after the dissapointments that is Eternal Crusade and Deathwing im not gonna hold any hopes for this one as much as i want to

Back