Television WACO Starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Taylor Kitsch is David Koresh in the First Trailer for WACO

Waco is a brand new 6-part series from Paramount Network based on the true story that shocked the world of religious leader David Koresh’s Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas in 1993. Waco features a star studded cast that includes Michael Shannon, Melissa Benoist, Taylor Kitsch, John Leguizamo. Premieres this January.

I've been waiting for this one for a while, being both interested in the Waco incident as well as a member of Team Taylor Kitsch.

I'm not sure that trailer did a whole lot for me, though. Hmm.

Looks awesome. Will definitely watch

Wtf is paramount network though?

Michael Shannon is awesome.

Dunno how I feel about this series though.. that whole situation was fucked.

Yeah. They started as like a poor mans mtv/fx now they're a poor mans amc?

And it always seems weird to watch mature shows/movies on cable fully edited.

I think the rebrand is the first step in an attempt to move to the next level. Viacom wants it to be a prestige channel now, like on the level of something like AMC, as you mentioned.

I guess this Waco series is supposed to be one of the first steps in that direction. I don't see why they can't pull it off if they really want to.

I remember when this happened it was insane, this Mini series is 6 part and Taylor Klitsch that pretty boy playing David Koresh looks to have done a phenomenal job

Prepare for merge:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/waco-starring-taylor-kitsch-michael-shannon-first-trailer.3628581/

But yeah, I'm down to see it. The Waco incident was fucking crazy and I like Taylor Kitsch. Hopefully this is good.

There's a really interesting documentary on the subject called Waco: Rules of Engagement that I recommend.

It was crazy I remember they had a long stand off over 40 days or something and they would show updates on the news and finally the news said Koresh did a mass suicide with his members setting the place on fire after tear gas cans were shot in by command of Janet Reno with Bill Clinton suggesting similar tactics be used, I think one fo the agents opposed using force because they said you don't go in on someone who is already defensive and feeling threatened..

It was crazy I remember they had a long stand off over 40 days or something and they would show updates on the news and finally the news said Koresh did a mass suicide with his members setting the place on fire after tear gas cans were shot in by command of Janet Reno.

You should give Waco: Rules of Engagement a look. Who exactly set the fires is a big part of what the doc is about. The doc makers contend that it was actually the feds.

The film is old now and dated in terms of style, but it's still fascinating. It was nominated for an Academy Award in, I think, 1998.

Last I looked the whole thing was available on YouTube.

You should give Waco: Rules of Engagement a look. Who exactly set the fires is a big part of what the doc is about. The doc makers contend that it was actually the feds.

The film is old now and dated in terms of style, but it's still fascinating. It was nominated for an Academy Award in, I think, 1998.

Last I looked the whole thing was available on YouTube.

isnt that what this mini series is based on that docu?

Thats really whats going on, people have no clue what the hell went down, the one thing that made people suspicious was the first allegations at Koresh, the feds wanted to move in because they claimed he was running drugs and making them in his compound, later it was proven false, they had other allegations, then the pedo stuff, its weird and horrible how it was handled. It was like they were making up stories to cover up their fuck up.

Why Reno and Clinton would have approved force like that is beyond me, there were little kids in there and I remember them saying a lot of the burnt bodies were riddle with bullets, whose bullets? If the feds really cared about the kids why did they use force, there are different ways to lure a looney away especially when some wacko feels threatened you don't intimidate them with threat of force it amplifies their sense of paranoia.

isnt that what this mini series is based on that docu?

Mmm, not that I know of. If it is, that would be a VERY bold move.

Thats really whats going on, people have no clue what the hell went down, the one thing that made people suspicious was the first allegations at Koresh, the feds wanted to move in because they claimed he was running drugs and making them in his compound, later it was proven false, they had other allegations, then the pedo stuff, its weird and horrible how it was handled. It was like they were making up stories to cover up their fuck up.

Why Reno and Clinton would have approved force like that is beyond me, there were little kids in there and I remember them saying a lot of the burnt bodies were riddle with bullets, whose bullets? If the feds really cared about the kids why did they use force, there are different ways to lure a looney away especially when some wacko feels threatened you don't intimidate them with threat of force it amplifies their sense of paranoia.

The only real problem I had with anything that was going on there was Koresh supposedly taking child brides, or whatever it was. I can't remember the details on that.

But like you say, the drug allegations were false. And as a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment, I don't care about whatever concerns the feds had about their firearm collection.

There's another documentary you might be interested in that was produced by PBS earlier this year. It's called Oklahoma City, but it actually ties together the OK City bombing, the Waco incident, and Ruby Ridge. It's really well-done. I think it might be available on Netflix right now.

What network? Too lazy to watch the video.

Too lazy apparently also read the thread, because that's already been asked and answered.

No need to call Robert Stack in on this one.
Damn bro, is it like that? I thought we were cool... I thought we were cool.

Back