Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
See every time I feel like giving up on this show, I just drop into this thread and get a chuckle from everyone shitting on how ridiculous it has become.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, that shit was hilarious. Of all the people they could've chosen to be the martial arts zen master, they get that guy. What, was Dennis Franz too busy? John C Reilly a bit too pricey?

Good God, this show.
latest

I like how he did his Shaolin training from the fat guy who married the fat chick on the Drew Carey show. They missed an opportunity to make him even more credible by wearing a monk robe + beads
He was also Twisty the clown on AHS
american-horror-story-twisty-the-clown-freak-show-cult-20009466-640x320.png

Some info on Negan from the comics, nothing groundbreaking, just a little more character backstory.

1. he was a high school gym teacher
2. His wife was dying of cancer and he spent every night next to her hospital bed. Her name was lucille.
3. When the zombie apocalypse happened literally every single person who Negan met died no matter what Negan tried to do to save him.
4. At one point Negan meets a new group and they ask for his name, his reply "it doesn't matter" they introduce themselves and he says "it doesn't matter, you'll be dead in a week". I forget the actual timeline but Negan goes through multiple groups where he is the sole survivor even though he does everything in his power to save people.

So all in all comic book Negan is a lot more interesting and there's a lot more empathy then tv show Negan. The show kinda hit this mark a bit in the last episode but they didn't go far enough imo.

I read the Negan comic line as well with his whole backstory. The show should have definitely given more of his story. And maybe they still will who knows? But Here's the backstory on Negan from the comics.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Here's_Negan

Read up to chapter 10 if you want to know more. That's just basically his entire backstory before he meets Dwight. After that there may be some show spoilers in there but nothing really major.

Some info on Negan from the comics, nothing groundbreaking, just a little more character backstory.

1. he was a high school gym teacher
2. His wife was dying of cancer and he spent every night next to her hospital bed. Her name was lucille.
3. When the zombie apocalypse happened literally every single person who Negan met died no matter what Negan tried to do to save him.
4. At one point Negan meets a new group and they ask for his name, his reply "it doesn't matter" they introduce themselves and he says "it doesn't matter, you'll be dead in a week". I forget the actual timeline but Negan goes through multiple groups where he is the sole survivor even though he does everything in his power to save people.

So all in all comic book Negan is a lot more interesting and there's a lot more empathy then tv show Negan. The show kinda hit this mark a bit in the last episode but they didn't go far enough imo.
I see you've read Here's Negan. For anyone not interested in reading them but still enjoy his backstory...
Dwight was the unofficial leader of the group that would become the foundation of The Saviors. He noticed at some point folks stopped following his lead and started following Negan. The birth of Lucille as we know her came about after a chance meeting with a similar sized group. Negan brokered a temporary truce after convincing them the dead were the enemies. They sat communing around a fire and the other leader offered Negan a night with one the girls in his group. He was effectively pimping her out. Negan beats his head into a pulp with the bat in front of everyone. He then informs the group they will paying tribute from here on out.
It really does attempt to give insight into his brutal style of leadership. He's trying to keep a firm handle on the savages same as the decent folk. He sees weak people that need a strong leader to keep them alive, and savages that need a firm hand to keep them in line.

Yeah, that shit was hilarious. Of all the people they could've chosen to be the martial arts zen master, they get that guy. What, was Dennis Franz too busy? John C Reilly a bit too pricey?

Good God, this show.

I actually liked his performance. The idea is cliche, but I like that actor and thought he did a good job. He's kind of an underrated actor, great in a lot of stuff. He can play a complete psycho like in Fincher's Zodiac, or the nicest guy ever as the husband in Fargo (the film).

I actually liked his performance. The idea is cliche, but I like that actor and thought he did a good job. He's kind of an underrated actor, great in a lot of stuff. He can play a complete psycho like in Fincher's Zodiac, or the nicest guy ever as the husband in Fargo (the film).

He's a fine actor. Agreed on that. Still though, you don't cast him for a part like that. No matter how good he acts, it's still going to look like a fat garbage man teaching martial arts.

Last edited:
Trevor Philips is saving what's left of this show

I agree but it's almost too late at this point, the show has goofed on so many levels. As someone who's read the comics I can totally understand bringing back that mexican dude from season 1 and him explaining how Rick and Negan were practically the same is 100% accurate.

Negan and Rick are nearly the same person its just Negan lost more along the way and turned tougher.

Just Imagine if Rick was the sole survivor of his trip from georgia to Virginia, he'd probably be much like Negan at this point.
While I agree with the essence of this post... its worth noting that Negan has become far more disconnected. Rick (even now) hangs on to something Negan shutoff long ago. His decisions are practical even if devoid of any compassion. He was also thinking about the bigger picture well before Rick. Ricks idea of the new world came about from him unifying The Kingdom, Hilltop, and Alexandria. Three separate communities with their own leaders. Negan was already well into building his new world except with complete subservience to him. He lacks the diplomacy of Rick, and probably a lot of the compassion. But he's not some opportunistic monster. He literally had to lead if he wanted people to stay alive.

He's a fine actor. Agreed on that. Still though, you don't cast him for a part like that. No matter how good he acts, it's still going to look like a fat garbage man teaching martial arts.

I kinda dig that cliche tbh

<Fedor23>

Having Dr. Steve Brule in TWD universe as a Yoda figure to Morgan would've been nice.

"Now member Markan, you can't hit the zombie ghouls in the dingus with the stick, cuz' they're zombies and they don't feel it no more."

stevebrule.jpg

This is the better episode of the season so far, Well the least bad.
But still :
Inadequate.
2v2v11i.png

Oh we can GUT UP again now ? How convenient.
30bfnv9.png

" But it takes days for zombies to rot " yeah okay.
veprhk.png

And This happens cuz Rick Took a fucking polaroid.
817472Capturedcran20171122192004.png

I guess it's not so unbelievable to me because I know a black belt that literally has the same body type and is an older man as well late 40's early 50's. He man handles me with ease and I learn a lot about BJJ from him.

Sensei Seagal is fat and still kicking ass!

I guess it's not so unbelievable to me because I know a black belt that literally has the same body type and is an older man as well late 40's early 50's. He man handles me with ease and I learn a lot about BJJ from him.
Haha Sensei Seagull love handles you in BJ.

So how did beat almost kill Jesus, had to be saved, but negan beat betas ass so easily

watching men talk about women is so weird. lol. like just from an image yall be like, "nah i bet her pussy huge bruh" and "i think that one prolly has bad breath" lol. like watching animals at a zoo. fascinating.

watching women talk about zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Helicopter part went straight over my head as I bailed on FTWD after season 2

Think there will be any carry over with him seeing the heli?

Helicopter part went straight over my head as I bailed on FTWD after season 2

Think there will be any carry over with him seeing the heli?

No the helicopter thing is people joking. Or at least, on FTWD the heli was in Mexico. Also several years behind current TWD on the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back