Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's unfortunate. This show has already stuck around past it's shelf life and ending with Negan/Saviors arch would be an easy place to call it quits. I don't see how they could possibly do the arch that follows on TV, I can only picture it being a total clown show. It's so rare that a show ends when it's on top. Breaking Bad is one of the only ones I can truly said did it right and ended perfectly (in my opinion.)

Calling it quits? Gimple ain't got time for that! He is creating TWO MORE Walking Dead spin offs! WHOOOPIE!!! ... yes I am being serious...

lol @ people thinking this show ends in a season or two.
when TWD stops destroying pretty much every single other show on Sundays (including live sports like the NFL), then we can start talking about the show being cancelled.
as long as this show stays #1 in it's time slot on Sunday's, it'll continue to be made and we'll likely see even more spinoffs.
for better, or more likely, for worse.

Lol good one

i was actually being serious LOL. I mean, I have read the comics, so I know what lunacy is in store for the show but I wasn't sure if this was brand new, non comic stuff. lol.

TWD ratings continue to sink

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-march-4-2018/

They've lost about 2/3rds of the audience they had at their peak a few years ago. And it seems to be continuing to dwindle, with this last sunday's episode being the lowest since season 2.

lol @ people thinking this show ends in a season or two.
when TWD stops destroying pretty much every single other show on Sundays (including live sports like the NFL), then we can start talking about the show being cancelled.
as long as this show stays #1 in it's time slot on Sunday's, it'll continue to be made and we'll likely see even more spinoffs.
for better, or more likely, for worse.

Thoughts.

Thoughts.

His point still stands, as long as it is winning the timeslot it won't be canceled or anything. The ratings TWD is getting right now wouldn't be horrible for most shows, it's only horrible in the context of how far it's fallen. Of course, if it continues to drop like this, that could change...

And despite those drops, it still pulls 5 times as many viewers (in the key adv demo) than the #2 show on Sunday's (excluding Talking Dead).

Yep, see above post.

Yep, see above post.

it boggles my mind that this show pulls such huge ratings numbers.
yet a show like BB never really came close to TWD ratings, despite being a much better show (hell, not even in the same f'ing ballpark in terms of quality).

yet a show like BB never really came close to TWD ratings, despite being a much better show (hell, not even in the same f'ing ballpark in terms of quality).

The content is just easier to feed to the masses. Breaking Bad almost took some patience to get into. Walking Dead is just mindless (no pun intended). The very reason I'll still stream it every sunday night. After sticking to it from season 1, it's just comforting, familiar background noise at this point.

The content is just easier to feed to the masses. Breaking Bad almost took some patience to get into. Walking Dead is just mindless (no pun intended). The very reason I'll still stream it every sunday night. After sticking to it from season 1, it's just comforting, familiar background noise at this point.

Well you will have more background noise to comfort you then...confirmed 2 more Walking Dead spin offs coming. lol.

BB did achieve TWD ratings, not peak, but comparable to now - but not until the end. They even did over 10 million for the finale. It was always a critical darling, but the problem with BB ratings-wise was that it only finally started to catch on with the general public in a big way right near the end. That is why AMC famously begged Vince Gilligan to do a few more seasons, because it would have been huge and they could have milked it, but he told them to fuck off. Ending it when he did was his plan from the beginning, and he stuck to it, even when the temptations of a lot more money suddenly came at the end.

i was actually being serious LOL. I mean, I have read the comics, so I know what lunacy is in store for the show but I wasn't sure if this was brand new, non comic stuff. lol.
Lol right right

Jk (I think.....) lol

So how many saviors are there... they rolled with like 20 to the dump and presumably left a sizeable force behind with Negan...

Wait how did the priest guy get away?

Edit
Nevermind I think I remember him using guts and getting away with Negan. But what's he doing in the car with this Jabroni?

Are they trying to make a good TV show?

Did Carson die? The gunshot was high in the chest wasn't it? Couldn't tell cuz of awful use of cgi.

Seriously, why cgi instead of the use of blood packs? It's why I hated the new est Rambo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back