Social Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ule-for-the-metoo-era-avoid-women-at-all-cost

No more dinners with female colleagues. Don’t sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is “an unknown risk.” What if she took something he said the wrong way?

Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.

Sounds interesting but what happens when this big pussy claims you touched his junk?

terrycrews.png

It makes sense. Men in any high powered or prestige positions should watch their back in this era. This is the West now.feminists also shouodnt be mad because less men around them decreases chances of assault and all consenual sex should have a contract drawn up before hand.

In my work I go on frequent road trips where I travel and dine alone with subordinate female sales reps. I’ll admit, this guilt-by-accusation atmosphere of the #metoo era has me questioning everything about what used to be normal working relationships. Fuck that noise.

I believe that there are more true accusations than false ones, although i have no reliable statistics to go with a specific percentage as it is almost impossible to prove / disprove.

In any case, the whole “believe the victim” idea is so damn scary that I’m not surprised at the backlash. When female celebrities openly say that they’re ok with innocent men going to jail if it means catching the bad ones, then you have to protect yourself.

And to those saying “don’t be a douche and you’ll be fine”, the statement above is a reminder that being decent is no protection against a false accusation.

If that's true it sounds like Wall Street has a real cultural problem. Regular, non-asshole dudes don't have to worry about stuff like this, so maybe they need to stop mistreating women. I like these quotes from the piece:

Finally, he landed on the solution: “Just try not to be an asshole.”

That’s pretty much the bottom line, said Ron Biscardi, chief executive officer of Context Capital Partners. “It’s really not that hard.”

If that's true it sounds like Wall Street has a real cultural problem. Regular, non-asshole dudes don't have to worry about stuff like this, so maybe they need to stop mistreating women. I like these quotes from the piece:

That’s pretty much the bottom line, said Ron Biscardi, chief executive officer of Context Capital Partners. “It’s really not that hard.”

From what I've heard and read, you're exactly right about there being a "cultural problem" in Wall Street professionalism, etc.

Stop being creepy weirdos or stop hanging around women? Can't stop being creepy so bye women.

From what I've heard and read, you're exactly right about there being a "cultural problem" in Wall Street professionalism, etc.
There certainly was a problem in the 90s (I know people that worked on Wall Street or closely with Wall Street firms) but I don't know if it's still a problem, but I've read the same thing (that it still is). Apparently similar problems exist in Silicon Valley. I guess horny nerds with money don't know how to behave around women.

200w.gif

Bloomberg is just a fan of man love Thursday I bet

Oh those virtuous wall street guys, just trying to avoid false accusations.

It’s pretty pathetic that instead of just adjusting the work climate to be less creepy there are actually men that are using this as an excuse to shun women.

And if you know anything about Wall Street you know how great they are about following rules.

And if you know anything about Wall Street you know how great they are about following rules.
Since you know anything about wall street I'm surprised you haven't googled up stories from the 80s or 90s about their abhorrent mistreatment of women.

so Wall St is Saudi Arabia now

johnny quest's dad (Mike Pence) would be super proud

is not that easy, this whole shit "believe the victm no matter what" for someone in power and cash coud fuck you up. The fuck with this shit, its against the law, you are filing a sue, prove the damn thing, your word means jack shit, or at the very least, shoulnt be worth more than the other person word, specially if the guy being charged has never ha any such problem...

Last edited:
is not that easy, this whole shit "believe the victm no matter what" for someone in power and cash coud fuck you up. The fuck with this shit, its against the law, you are filing a sue, prove the damn thing, your word means jack shit, or at the very least, shoulnt be worth more than the other person work, specially if the guy being charged has never ha any such problem...
That is the law bud. No one gets thrown in jail over false accusations. That's why this reeks of a culture of abuse and people who behave that way have a right to be afraid.

Like I said, men who are decent and treat women fairly don't have anything to worry about.

Back