Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson 4 In Bellator Brazil

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Bellator plans to reboot one of the most famous rivalries in MMA history for its first event in Brazil.

Bellator President Scott Coker today confirmed to MMAjunkie the promotion is working on pairing Wanderlei Silva (35-13-1 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) and Quinton Jackson (37-13 MMA, 4-2 BMMA) for a fourth fight.

The matchup was first reported by Brazilian website Gazeta Do Povo, which also reported Silva is working on bringing the event to Arena da Baixada in his home town of Curitiba. Silva also claimed the event would launch him as an event promoter.

Coker said the Viacom-owned promotion has not confirmed the venue or a date for the event. A weight class also has not been confirmed.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/bellat...mmajunkie&utm_medium=recirc&utm_campaign=rail

I see Page knocking him out, both look bloated but Page looks to have held onto a lot more muscle mass. Page still has some decent boxing where Wand is completely reckless.

After the YEARS of waiting for what Silva/Sonnen would eventually be, we should have waited even longer... like decades longer.... and waited even longer for them both to die so we never saw that fight.

So, after watching Wandy's worst takedown defense in the history of the sport, against a rival somewhat known to go for takedowns and then wrestlefuck his opponents until the round is over - I don't particularly ever care to see Wandy fight again.

For me, Wandy's career ended when he fought in Japan, knocking out Stann in the main event, bringing back the nostalgic moments of Pride.

Wandy/Rampage 4? Might as well book Shamrock/Gracie 4 as the co-main-event.

Silva already has won the series 2-1. Why have a fourth bout? If Silva wants to fight on his home turf for some kind of retirement bout and segue into promoting, he could just as easily get a sell out fighting someone other than Jackson.

Can't see why it would end any differently to last time. Definitely a case of throwing two names together rather than trying to make a compelling fight

Will Wanderlei be calling in to the press conference from the bathroom of a men's shelter again?

its like a mlb/nba championship, best of 7

I have no interest in watching these two has-beens fight ever again.

Page will take a dive if Wand buys him a double quarter pounder and a large pizza.

I mean both are pretty bad right now so I guess it makes sense.

this could be a really sad fight, like the shogun vs coleman rematch

After the YEARS of waiting for what Silva/Sonnen would eventually be, we should have waited even longer... like decades longer.... and waited even longer for them both to die so we never saw that fight.

So, after watching Wandy's worst takedown defense in the history of the sport, against a rival somewhat known to go for takedowns and then wrestlefuck his opponents until the round is over - I don't particularly ever care to see Wandy fight again.

For me, Wandy's career ended when he fought in Japan, knocking out Stann in the main event, bringing back the nostalgic moments of Pride.

Wandy/Rampage 4? Might as well book Shamrock/Gracie 4 as the co-main-event.
Well put. I wish this was an April Fool's joke.

Can't see why it would end any differently to last time. Definitely a case of throwing two names together rather than trying to make a compelling fight

I’d imagine it could do very well in Brazil which is why they’ll make it. It’s also compelling for Rampage and Wanderlei. I don’t see why there can be an issue with this fight outside of putting Jackson and Silva down as over the hill. They’re still fighting and they’re still names and they’re still pretty even in terms of status with Rampage having the edge in activity and quality of recent competition.

Bellator can showcase their prime brazilian fighters like the Pitbull Bros and Dantas on the main card. It’s good that Bellator has Wanderlei for their intro to Brazil.

Last edited:
Will Rampage actually train or actually try.... let's watch!

Patricio should be fighting Weichel at this event, Dantas should fight Michael McDonald. Higo fight Mizzotta, Neiman and Khonry, Guilherme Bomba aswell. Get all the brazilians on board

Patricio should be fighting Weichel at this event, Dantas should fight Michael McDonald. Higo fight Mizzotta, Neiman and Khonry, Guilherme Bomba aswell. Get all the brazilians on board

Yeah you put everyone on the card, Lima, Pitbull brothers etc. But man I feel bad for Patricio if he has to wait until July which is when this event is being targeted.

Rest of the main card should be:

Co-Main: Patricio Pitbull vs Daniel Weichel - Bellator Featherweight Championship
Eduardo Dantas vs Michael McDonald
Julia Budd vs Talita Nogueira - Bellator Women's Featherweight Championship
Feijao Cavalcante vs Vadim Nemkov

This is awesome. Finally Bellator is going to Brazil. Would launch them into that market nicely having Wanderlei there. Would get some good casuals to check it out. Maybe Lima or Patricio could fight? Maybe even Patricky too.

Back