Want to buy a new console.

Is that a fiber connection? They don't offer that where I live. I have the fastest ISP in the area and it's through Spectrum at 60mps. XB1 games usually take an hour or two to download.

yeah AT&T fiber for $70 a month. Google fiber came to town and everyone put down fiber everywhere.

yeah AT&T fiber for $70 a month. Google fiber came to town and everyone put down fiber everywhere.

That's totally worth it. I pay $60 a month through Charter Spectrum and I'm not getting anywhere near the speeds you are. The only time I feel it is when I'm downloading XB1 games though.

Can't you just play games off the disk?

Even if you have the discs you still have to down load the games on to your hard drive. If you install a game off of a disc all putting it in your machine does is prove you own the game. The technology these days surpassed reading games of of a disc.

Basically the system can transfer information faster when reading off of a hard drive vs reading it off a disc. The days of buying a game and popping it in and playing it right away are over. Physical or digital there is no way to get around install times anymore.

Even if you have the discs you still have to down load the games on to your hard drive. If you install a game off of a disc all putting it in your machine does is prove you own the game. The technology these days surpassed reading games of of a disc.

Basically the system can transfer information faster when reading off of a hard drive vs reading it off a disc. The days of buying a game and popping it in and playing it right away are over. Physical or digital there is no way to get around install times anymore.

That’s a shame. No wonder why consoles with increased memory are so much more expensive.

How many games can a 500gb hard drive hold roughly?

That’s a shame. No wonder why consoles with increased memory are so much more expensive.

Not enough. Seriously, you can fill it up with a couple of AAA games. I think Witcher 3 takes about 90gbs with all the DLC and shit. Same Fallout 4.

The PS4 didn't support external drives at first, but I think they patched to where it can handle them now. You need to make sure you have a USB 3 hard drive enclosure though.

I have a 500GB XB1 and two 1 TB externals hooked up to it and I have 181 games installed 47 apps and 230 GB free. I bought a 1 TB hard drive from Best Buy for around $60 and and robbed the 1tb Hard Drive out of my laptop that died and just bought an enclosure.

On the XB1 each USB port can Handle up to a 3TB hard drive. I'm running 2.5 TB right now and it seems to be plenty. I would suggest just buying a 3TB drive and you won't ever have to worry about deleting anything. None of this would be an issue, but the games take forever to download these days, so it's nice to have the space.

PS4 definitely handles external hard drives and a USB3 enclosure is pretty fucking cheap, I spent $10 on it.

Id go PS4 the exclusive are just blowing anything Xbox has away. I'm not even sure if Xbox has anything with any sort of hype releasing soon. I've only heard of PUBG

Just get an external hard drive if you need additional space. A 500 gigger should do you fine if you are just a filthy casual.

Hello all.

I’m really interested in playing Monster Hunter: World, Forza Horizon 3 and GTA5 but I don’t have the space or the money to buy a new PC, so I’m considering buying a console.

The last console I had was the XBOX360 which I threw away because after three years, the hardware started to malfunction. I then bought a PC in 2009, which was good for games like Left 4 Dead 2, GTA4 and Fallout 3, but today will be outdated.

Use the money to upgrade your computer.

Go with either the PS4 since both the Slim and the Pro has a 1TB hard drive and external hard drive support for even more disk space.

Seems like since PS3 days, the games need to be installed on the harddrive and then update patches to be downloaded.

The PS3 had to install games, but the 360 could play them straight from the disc.

The average size for a game these days is around 30 GB, but most of the non AAA titles or side scroller type games aren't usually anymore than 5 GB. The thing that's kind of gay is that half of the included hard drive is taken up by the operating system, so you really only have around 260GB of memory free to download games.

I would steer clear of the Xbox One (X). Just no games. Get a base model PS4 or a Switch.

I switch consoles every generation so I can try them out & play different games. Like my XBox One S which came preloaded with the Halo Collection. Watch UFC Fight Pass through it. I don't play a ton of games so the memory isn't an issue for me. When I'm done with a game I delete it. Currently playing Saints Row 3, which I downloaded from the store for about $20. So all I'm saying is think about what you want to use it for and how much you'll use it.

Back